Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Twilight Cults: Core Thread  (Read 1504 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Cults: Core Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2019, 12:15:59 pm »

Assuming Guardians isn't going to be, I guess.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2019, 12:25:04 pm »

Assuming Guardians isn't going to be, I guess.

As me and dgr discussed on discord and alluded to in their post, the application was past the deadline and was mostly for fun.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2019, 11:57:52 am »

Votes are locked in. Should be moving to action phase here in a few hours.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2019, 12:33:06 pm »

Sithin watched. Sithin waited. Deep below, Sithin hungered. It rose, slowly, breaking bonds and casting off weights, and above it the waters churned. The clear waters turned dark red and boiled and bubbled, faint whispers rising from the surface, speaking of Sithin and the hungry deeps.

Above them, the acolyte watched. He had spent years seeking power, clawing his way up. Once a disinherited son of a minor family, he stood closer to the halls of power than ever now. True power, not pathetic gold or empty power. His friends in the Aboleth Association had helped him every step of the way, and now they needed his help. The book had offered hints, tantalizing ones, but there wasn't enough to complete the spell. So he used the fragments to call to something which would know more. Sithin. The Hunger in the Deep. The Friendly Stranger. The Sailor's Gift.

He began the incantation, but as the water began to change, doubts started to creep into his mind. And with them came whispers. "Come. Take my gift. You are thirsty..." The voice murmured, and the acolyte struggled to resist, struggled to break the connection. A hand reached for the drain, but it was caught halfway through the movement, and the whispers grew louder. More insistent. Hungrier...
Pages: 1 [2]