Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: [47.05] ZM5's Assorted Creatures Pack (also fort/adv posts and requests)  (Read 54915 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.12] ZM5's Assorted Creatures Pack (also fort/adv posts and requests)
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2019, 09:29:55 am »

I'll see what I can do with Hamon, hopefully it'll be something workable.

Healing is a bit janky currently due to the only proper healing possible being via transformations, which leaves the target without clothes (wouldn't that be an awkward side-effect of a Crazy Diamond/Gold Experience-esque stand - heals any wound but removes clothes) - and a recuperation increase is actually something more of an alternate defense buff - when I was doing the initial arena tests on the Slothful faction, I had all of their castes have increased recuperation - this made it downright impossible to sever their limbs, even when I was playing as a giant-sized creature axe lord with an adamantine axe. Cleaving asunder the head or upper/lower body still worked, but there'd be no actual limb severing.

That said, going by one of the devlogs we'll probably have a proper healing interaction available once the villains update is out - so that should be good for this kind of stuff. Of course the wait is the only problem.

Seraphim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2019, 10:42:31 am »

Just a small thing, but would it ever be possible to have the Tarasque (the actual legendary creature not the D&D version) as part of the mythical creatures pack? It seems like it would fit seeing the selection of creatures already in it.

"The tarasque was a sort of dragon with a lion's head, six short legs like a bear's, an ox-like body covered with a turtle shell, and a scaly tail that ended in a scorpion's sting."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2019, 11:27:47 am »

Could do that, yeah - wouldn't be too difficult.

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
  • Vampiric Guest, [PREFSTRING:steamrollers]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2019, 11:46:41 am »

I'll see what I can do with Hamon, hopefully it'll be something workable.

Healing is a bit janky currently due to the only proper healing possible being via transformations, which leaves the target without clothes (wouldn't that be an awkward side-effect of a Crazy Diamond/Gold Experience-esque stand - heals any wound but removes clothes) - and a recuperation increase is actually something more of an alternate defense buff - when I was doing the initial arena tests on the Slothful faction, I had all of their castes have increased recuperation - this made it downright impossible to sever their limbs, even when I was playing as a giant-sized creature axe lord with an adamantine axe. Cleaving asunder the head or upper/lower body still worked, but there'd be no actual limb severing.

That said, going by one of the devlogs we'll probably have a proper healing interaction available once the villains update is out - so that should be good for this kind of stuff. Of course the wait is the only problem.
Can’t wait to see what you do with it!

Honestly that would be pretty funny, get healed but lose your clothes. That would cause one heck of a tantrum spiral though. Hope the next update will give us a lot more choices for spellcasting!
My Mods:
Team Dwarftress 2: Creature Packs: [WIP]

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2019, 11:51:21 am »

Alright well, just got done with the Hamon User stuff - link here - I'll be keeping any sort of cross-over stuff as separate downloads.

Since it's just a single interaction user type (and I probably won't be adding more stuff onto it until the magic update's out), I won't be keeping a help file for it.

Hamon Users get doubled focus and willpower, plus a 125% increase to strength, toughness, agility, endurance, recuperation, disease resistance, kinesthetic sense and spatial sense. Since they're still mortal it may be difficult to find any books containing their secrets, so slabs would be more reliable for gaining it. They get several abilities (kind of a hodge-podge of what different Hamon users in part 1 and 2 could do, plus I decided to make the undead/vampire-destroying capability into several separate abilities):
-Clacker Volley - throws up to 3 clackers, potentially doing blunt damage.

-Focused Breathing - self-buff, increases focus and kinesthetic sense to 150%, and agility and endurance to 125%.

-Repel - self-buff that doubles toughness, plus any attacks against the user have their force reduced fifteen-fold.

-Ripple Burst - basic offensive ability - causes mild pain against normal creatures, however any creature marked as undead, eldritch or demonic (this'd only apply to the creatures from this or my other packs) will instead lose their fear/pain immunities, be afflicted with much more severe pain, bleeding and blisters, and their agility, strength, and toughness will be reduced to 75%.

-Destroy Vampire - only usable against bloodsucking creatures. Removes a vampire's special traits (i.e no fear, no exertion, no pain, immunity to suffocation), makes all attacks against them have their forced increased twenty-fold, cuts agility, recuperation, strength and toughness in half and causes severe pain, bleeding, blisters and necrosis. Effects cannot be resisted, unlike with Ripple Burst.

-Destroy Undead - only usable against creatures that are opposed to life - removes their special traits, cuts all of their physical stats in half, and causes severe pain, bleeding, blisters and necrosis. Effects cannot be resisted.

-Destroy Evil - only usable against creatures marked as undead, eldritch or demonic (so it's mostly for usage against creatures from this or my other packs) - causes severe pain, bleeding, blisters and necrosis, cuts agility, recuperation, strength and toughness in half, makes attacks against the target have their force increased tenfold, removes immunities to fear, nausea, pain, paralysis and exertion. Most of the effects (aside from the immunity removal) can be resisted, similarly to Ripple Burst.

That's it for now - been mostly doing help files for my horror pack this week so no new creatures added onto the creature pack itself yet.

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2019, 10:04:51 pm »

Alright well, just got done with the Hamon User stuff - link here - I'll be keeping any sort of cross-over stuff as separate downloads.

Since it's just a single interaction user type (and I probably won't be adding more stuff onto it until the magic update's out), I won't be keeping a help file for it.

Hamon Users get doubled focus and willpower, plus a 125% increase to strength, toughness, agility, endurance, recuperation, disease resistance, kinesthetic sense and spatial sense. Since they're still mortal it may be difficult to find any books containing their secrets, so slabs would be more reliable for gaining it. They get several abilities (kind of a hodge-podge of what different Hamon users in part 1 and 2 could do, plus I decided to make the undead/vampire-destroying capability into several separate abilities):
-Clacker Volley - throws up to 3 clackers, potentially doing blunt damage.

-Focused Breathing - self-buff, increases focus and kinesthetic sense to 150%, and agility and endurance to 125%.

-Repel - self-buff that doubles toughness, plus any attacks against the user have their force reduced fifteen-fold.

-Ripple Burst - basic offensive ability - causes mild pain against normal creatures, however any creature marked as undead, eldritch or demonic (this'd only apply to the creatures from this or my other packs) will instead lose their fear/pain immunities, be afflicted with much more severe pain, bleeding and blisters, and their agility, strength, and toughness will be reduced to 75%.

-Destroy Vampire - only usable against bloodsucking creatures. Removes a vampire's special traits (i.e no fear, no exertion, no pain, immunity to suffocation), makes all attacks against them have their forced increased twenty-fold, cuts agility, recuperation, strength and toughness in half and causes severe pain, bleeding, blisters and necrosis. Effects cannot be resisted, unlike with Ripple Burst.

-Destroy Undead - only usable against creatures that are opposed to life - removes their special traits, cuts all of their physical stats in half, and causes severe pain, bleeding, blisters and necrosis. Effects cannot be resisted.

-Destroy Evil - only usable against creatures marked as undead, eldritch or demonic (so it's mostly for usage against creatures from this or my other packs) - causes severe pain, bleeding, blisters and necrosis, cuts agility, recuperation, strength and toughness in half, makes attacks against the target have their force increased tenfold, removes immunities to fear, nausea, pain, paralysis and exertion. Most of the effects (aside from the immunity removal) can be resisted, similarly to Ripple Burst.

That's it for now - been mostly doing help files for my horror pack this week so no new creatures added onto the creature pack itself yet.
Awesome! Can't wait to become to destroy some bloodsuckers while posing like there's no tomorrow!  :D
All my thanks to you ZM5!
My Mods:

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2019, 04:11:02 am »

No prob.

Will probably be a while before I have a sizable update for this - still trying to finish up the horror pack help files. After that though I'll try to do the Lufia creature ones so I can finally release that addon.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2019, 10:04:08 am »

Released a small fix - apparently I must have thrown in some outdated files by accident since some of the body plans and interactions were missing.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2019, 09:21:12 am »

Small update - added two megabeasts, requested by Splint.

-Grave Titan - undead theropod-like beast with a skull head, a pair of bone blades at its front limbs and a spiked tail. Opposed to life, tough to debilitate - lacks any abilities beyond hitting like a truck.

-Towering Scrap - spurred by this image and my comment of "that's a megabeast". Large construct made of metal barrels, buckets, pipes and other bits of junk material - also has a shield-like plate in place of one hand, and an axe attached to its right hand. Sprays caustic toxin sprays
from a sprayer on its right shoulder, emits a debilitating, grating noise. Can be butchered to yield some steel bars, a steel great axe, two steel barrels and three steel buckets.

That's it for now - I should be able to release the Lufia addon sometime soon, only have one (and thankfully much shorter) help file left to write for it.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2019, 05:18:02 am »

Well, scratch what I said yesterday - released the Lufia Addon - got all the help files for it done.

It adds the enemy creatures as well as capsule monsters from the SNES RPG, Lufia 2 - there's way too many to list, but its mostly wild creatures that are added (many of which are playable in an animal person-esque fashion). There's also a few megabeasts and civilized races. Haven't added the Sinistrals or the humans that follow them like Camu or Idura though, admittedly - not really sure how to handle them, but if I think of something I'll update this pack. Also had to rename quite a bit of creatures to prevent confusion with ones from my other packs (mostly by adding prefixes, sometimes I've used the German translation's names for them as well, or just what I deemed suitable).

Most of the creatures will be in normal and savage biomes - there's also the Ghost Ships in evil oceans, and the capsule monsters are in good biomes.

Hope you guys enjoy it - I'll finish up the Sin Factions addon next, then after that I'll do the Turok stuff.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2019, 04:01:18 am »

No updates for this weekend, feeling a bit sick - Sin Factions addon is nearly done though so in the next few days I should have it out.

I'm also thinking on what I should work on next - while I did say I'd work on the Turok addon, I was kinda also thinking of separating up the files in my main pack to make it a bit more modular. What do you guys think?

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2019, 11:12:18 am »

No updates for this weekend, feeling a bit sick - Sin Factions addon is nearly done though so in the next few days I should have it out.

I'm also thinking on what I should work on next - while I did say I'd work on the Turok addon, I was kinda also thinking of separating up the files in my main pack to make it a bit more modular. What do you guys think?
I haven’t played any of WoW myself (Just Warcraft 2&3, never cared for MMOs), but putting each expansion into their own packs is an idea. Hope you feel better man!

Also, hell yeah Turok. I AM TUROK!
My Mods:

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2019, 03:34:20 am »

Nah, what I was thinking of was splitting up the body, inorganic and interaction files - so as to have one shared file and several files which only have the stuff thats used only by one part of that mod (i.e one file for Dragon's Dogma body files, one of the Warcraft-only interactions, etc.) - I did put BFA and MOP stuff in its own files but in retrospect it was kinda pointless so I think I'm gonna just merge those with other files.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2019, 01:54:29 pm »

"Do you believe in...SIN? Can you even comprehend such a thing?"

Finished up the Sin Factions addon - also updated the files in the main assorted pack itself, which are required for this addon to work. I've included some crafting files as well for all the weapons and armor.

Anyway, the pack contains a total of 14 factions, based on the seven deadly sins - 7 of them are mortals afflicted with a sin (mostly humans, but there are some dwarves and elves in some of the factions as well) - the other 7 are aberrations, physical elements of sin. There are also some wild creatures that will pop up, either sin-afflicted animals or more bestial sin elementals - both are used as innate pets by some of the factions.

This was initially an idea for some DND sidequest areas for a setting that me and a few friends were working on - decided to reverse it into DF - its also mostly a sister addon to my seven deadly sins megabeasts pack.

The factions are as follows (fuller descriptions of the different castes are in the help files):
-Wrathful - humans, dwarves and elves afflicted with Wrath. Incredibly violent and singleminded in their violence, though they seem to derive no joy from it. Aside from normal citizens-turned-violent thugs, their knights, clerics, priests and nuns have also been afflicted - some of the clergy have been ritualistically burning themselves, meanwhile the nuns, now known as Doomsirens, now use their voices as weapons.
-Envious - humans and dwarves afflicted with Envy. Spiteful, vengeful and cruel, they attack others for perceived (often imaginary) slights - they never let go of their greivances, and derive great joy from causing anguish to their victims.
-Gluttonous - humans afflicted with Gluttony. Seemingly incapable of stopping themselves from eating, some of them are horribly corpulent and unable to lose any mass, others are emaciated and unable to gain weight. A misanthropic cult has sprang up in their towns, sustaining itself on waste and filth - even though, as a result, the bodies and minds of its members are highly afflicted, they seem unable to die from the diseases they host.
-Prideful - humans afflicted with Pride. Arrogant and overly confident in any endeavour - many of them will suck up to those they deem to be of a higher standing, while secretly despising those same individuals. It appears that cults have formed in their towns, operating in secret - they worship the influence responsible for their state.
-Avaricious - humans stricken with Greed. Obsessed with acquiring wealth, even their noble knights are now mere pragmatic killers. Many of them give up their dignity just to live lives of luxury, comfort and wealth.
-Slothful - humans stricken with Sloth. They perform their labors with no passion or care, seemingly only out of a habit. They are some of the most physically afflicted by their sin - they bleed less, and some parts of their population, known as the Unliving, are essentially too slothful to die, capable of surviving decapitation or bisection.
Given their affliction, it is unknown how they are able to mobilize effectively enough in order to attack - perhaps the influence responsible for their state is guiding them?
-Lustful - humans and elves stricken with Lust. Their minds are preoccupied with mindless, hedonistic acts. They are known to lecherously stroke their victims even during combat, and raid and enslave settlements, looking for the most exotic slaves. They are highly susceptible to diseases, and even drinking their blood may cause illness.
-Wrath Elementals - physical elements of Wrath, also known as the Frenzied. Brutal, tribal humanoids with metallic horns and metal plates melted into their flesh, they attack for the sheer joy of fighting.
-Envy Elementals - physical elements of Envy. Cruel and vengeful beings that derive a twisted pleasure from causing pain to their victims.
-Gluttony Elementals - physical elements of Gluttony. Highly immoderate, cruel and constantly hungry, they eat anything with no regard for taste or texture.
-Pride Elementals - physical elements of Pride. Arrogant and overconfident, their societies and behavior appear to be a twisted mockery of knights and ladies of the court.
-Greed Elementals - physical elements of Greed. Avaricious beyond compare, they covet any objects, regardless of their actual wealth.
-Sloth Elementals - physical elements of Sloth. Sluggish beings, some of which reanimate the bodies of the dead in order to peform tasks for them, even if they themselves are still powerful physically.
-Lust Elementals - physical elements of Lust. Grotesque beings that seek only physical pleasures - as with their mortal counterparts, they enslave other beings, subjecting them to a horrifying fate.

Hope you guys enjoy it, I'll have an update for my main pack out soonish - got the file organizing done.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 02:01:35 pm by ZM5 »

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2019, 10:47:26 pm »

Awesome! Can’t wait to try them out! :D
My Mods:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7