Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: [47.05] ZM5's Assorted Creatures Pack (also fort/adv posts and requests)  (Read 54652 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.05] ZM5's Assorted Creatures Pack (also fort/adv posts and requests)
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2022, 11:01:44 am »

1. The Hamon addon is fully stand-alone - don't need the main assorted pack for it to work. You just put the inorganic_asrt_hamon_zm5 and interaction_asrt_hamon_zm5 files alongside the text folder into raw/objects (or just copy over the raw folder in the download and paste it into your main DF directory).

2. Same case as vanilla necromancers - deities (sun deities in Hamon's case, as opposed to death in the case of necros) will grant slabs to individuals seeking immortality - reading the slab grants powers. Only difference is hamon users will not build towers, making the slabs potentially more difficult to find.

EvilMurlock

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2022, 05:21:24 pm »

Cool, thanks for the answer. I would have one more question, do my dwarfs have to be unarmed for them to use hamon? Or will they use it even with a weapon and a shield equiped?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2022, 06:18:16 pm »

Nah, they can use it while wielding anything - no real way to restrict interactions to only be usable while unarmed or wielding a specific weapon (short of DFhack, maybe, but I don't use it).

axemangeorge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Whoops
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2022, 03:05:02 pm »

Accidentally started a fort as the *other* playable race... The proud outpost Padtrumpet numbers among its citizens banshees, ghouls, a wraith and a maw thrall child which might be tamed wildlife? Dwarf Therapist isn't sure. I'm a little concerned about properly outfitting my morphologically diverse populace.

ALSO it's SUPER FUN to see so many ores and have absolutely no idea what they're good for... there's a real sense of discovery and wonder here. WELL DONE!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2022, 03:09:07 am »

Yeah, the Maw Thralls from the Warcraft pack are more akin to trolls - so they're kinda in a weird inbetween spot between being a pet and a citizen.

Sanguis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2022, 02:49:55 pm »

Hi! I was playing a lot with this mod and noticed a strange thing. Most creatures that are obviously undead behave like peaceful animals. Is it intended or something just broke?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2022, 03:02:06 am »

They should probably be a tad more aggressive but I generally don't add OPPOSED_TO_LIFE to most custom undead creatures, so as to allow them to be tamed by the player (and so they don't cause huge fights in adventure mode if you go to the site of a race that has them as pets).
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]