Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: [47.05] ZM5's Assorted Creatures Pack (also fort/adv posts and requests)  (Read 54021 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.12] ZM5's Assorted Creatures Pack (also fort/adv posts and requests)
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2019, 10:59:33 am »

Put up a small update - put the tissue/material templates for carapaces in the shared assorted material file when originally they were in the Lufia addon only (so the material/tissue_template_lufia files are gone now), added some new materials, tissues, inorganics and interactions in the shared files. Also, changed some of the Sin Faction entity files - most of the sin elementals now no longer have coins (except greed and pride ones).

More importantly, I've released the Turok Addon. Requires the files from this newest Assorted Creatures version, obviously.

Has a total of 13 invader races:
-Ancient Warriors - aggressive, tribal humans. Have shamans that can throw energy bolts and fireballs. Can siege earlier than most other races (at 50 pop rather than 80) - however they lack any sort of protective gear.

-Ancient Demons - tribal, demonic humanoids. Have shamans that can throw magic bolts and fireballs - stronger overall than the Ancient Warriors.

-Blind Ones - subterranean, cyclopean humanoids fond of warm flesh and blood - they live in fortresses and hillocks. Have melee-oriented Sentinels and ranged-oriented Guardians.

-Lost Raiders - based on the soldiers of the Campaigner from the first Turok game. Aside from human soldiers, there are also Cyborg Raiders who do not look outwardly human anymore; Longhunters - rare, elite male soldiers that prefer ranged weapons; and Campaigners as a leader caste - highly strong and athletic, they possess a metallic endoskeleton instead of bones - similarly, their eyes are red, glowing optics and their joints, ribs and skulls are also metal. They seem to be reliant on local low-level technology for weaponry, though, aside from the Tek Bows and Tek Crossbows they use.

-Deadkin - undead from another world - consist of regular Deadkin, skinless, mutated corpses; Hellsoldiers, a stronger and larger version of Deadkin that possess horns; Lords of the Dead, large overlords that are even larger and stronger and can hurl fireballs; and Sisters of Despair, hovering undead witches that are only a torso with the spinal cord dangling out. They have mostly complete sets of armor, aside from shields - they also only have throwing weapons as a ranged option. However, all of their castes have projectiles in some form - Deadkin, Hellsoldiers and Lords of the Dead can throw their own caustic blood, and Sisters of Despair have several magical projectiles and can also use a Scream ability.

-Dinosoids - humanoid descendants of dinosaurs. Consist of Raptoids, agile fighters that easily learn dodging, and Endtrails, who wear metallic, high-tech bladed gauntlets on their left arms - aside from slashing and stabbing attacks they can also use the gauntlets to fire laser bolts and activate and invisibility cloak.

-Fireborn - fiery cousins of the Dinosoids. Consist of normal Fireborn, which are fiery Endtrails that can hurl globs of liquid fire - and Fireborn Legionnaires, larger Fireborn with bone blades on the left arm and a pair of tusks - they can shoot out fireballs from their shoulder openings.

-Flesh Eaters - cyclopean cousins of the Blind Ones. Far more intelligent and technologically advanced - they consist of normal Flesh Eaters; Oblivion Death Guards, a far stronger and more resilient variant adept at both melee and ranged combat; Lords of the Flesh, an even stronger variant that can hurl magical projectiles; Flesh Priests, a less resilient but more magically-inclined variant that hovers above the ground; and Flesh Mothers, massive, long-lived, grotesque abominations that walk on several legs and have tentacles instead of fingers.

-Lost Mutants - mutated humans, covered in open, festering sores. Aside from normal Lost Mutants, which are disease resistant, fearless humans, there are also Infested Mutants - two-headed abominations with acid sprayers capable of shooting out acidic globs.

-Alien Mantids - insectoid aliens from another world. Consist of Mantid Drones, agile, aggressive fighters; Mantid Workers, smaller, four-legged mantid that learn most menial labors at twice the usual rate; Mantid Soldiers, large, carapace-covered four-armed fighters that are both strong and tough; and Mantid Queens, large, four-legged mantid with claw-like appendages - they are the leaders of the hives.

-Oblivion Warriors - tribal humans possessed by the influence of Oblivion. Consist of Oblivion Warriors, who are mostly normal humans - and Oblivion Priests, who are undead, and have exposed skulls and lower spines - they can hurl magic bolts and fireballs. Both feel no fear or pain.

-Bio Troopers - bio-mechanical beings, as well as their alien creators. Consist of Bio Troopers, who can shoot pellets with the guns on their arms; Bio Elites, heavy-duty versions of Bio Troopers who can fire laser bolts from the guns on their arms and in their shoulder compartments, as well as activate an invisibility cloak; and Primagens, their large, alien leaders who can direct waves of sonic energy. As all of their castes essentially possess innate ranged weapons, they lack actual ranged weapon options - however they possess almost full armor sets.

-Purr-Linn - ape-like humanoids with a deep hatred of humanity. Highly powerful physically, even when unarmed. Consist of normal Purr-linn, and Purr-linn Juggernauts, who are larger, more agile and learn some melee weapon skills faster.

That should be it for now, I'll take a bit of a break from modding for the time being since I'm feeling a tad burnt out. I may have a belated halloween thing ready in the near future for the halloween pack, but for now the only things I'll upload would be bugfixes and the like. Hope you guys enjoy this!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2019, 05:50:09 pm »

Always happy to see more dinosaurs in the game!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2019, 06:34:57 pm »

Bunch of the ones that the Lost Raiders have as pets also are mechanized. With stuff like laser guns. Or dual rocket launchers. Or you have firebreathing laser bolt-shooting t-rexes.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2019, 09:01:25 am »

Posted a small bugfix update to the Lufia and Turok addons, as well as the main pack itself - some of the body detail plans were missing or mislabeled - that's fixed now, so if you're using the Turok addon make sure to redownload the main pack too.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2019, 01:45:40 pm »

Posted a small change to the sin factions addon - changed the Unliving caste of the Slothful a bit, so now their limbs are just tough to sever rather than them being able to survive decapitation/bisection - the latter prevents them from wearing helmets or pants, which is a tad annoying - hopefully Toady adds a token for surviving either of those cases at some point.

Klip

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2019, 01:21:47 am »

Do you think you could make it so snakemen can actually use their tails for wrestling? and bonus points for real chest crushing constriction action

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2019, 03:40:05 am »

Modding in wrestling attacks isnt a thing so no proper constriction would be possible. Making them usable for wrestling would be simple enough - you'd have to go into body_default.txt in raw/objects, add [LIMB] to the TAIL and TAIL_STANCE body parts - would have to gen a world then (though I think it would work if you went into data/save/regionX and edit the raw/objects folder of the save file)

Klip

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2019, 10:07:25 pm »

fair enough well off to the modding questions I go

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.02] ZM5's Assorted Creatures Pack (also fort/adv posts and requests)
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2020, 05:02:58 pm »

Updated main part of the assorted creatures for 47.02 compatibility - far as changes go, Nightmare Sprouts now summon Nightmare Cradles rather than turning corpses into them, creatures with slashing/stabbing attacks had their values readjusted.

Also added an Undead Moonshiner creature - basically a drunk zombie carrying a barrel on its back and holding a bottle - both contain ale that has seen much better days - they can either drink from the bottle as a self buff (with a low chance of causing nausea) or spill some of its contents onto a nearby creature for a blistering (or rarely necrotizing) and painful effect - drinking the ale can induce severe nausea and dizziness, and occasionally outright unconsciousness.

Addons also updated:
-Frost/Magic/Laser bolt attacks are now edged. Energy/lightning bolt attacks still do blunt damage.
-Dark Necromancers/Wizards/Summoners, Dark Nosferatus, Ghost Ships (Lufia 2 addon), Flesh Mothers, Mantid Queens (Turok addon), Vain Retainers, Mutilated Birthers, Languid Aberrations (Sin factions) now have summons rather than reanimation
-Silver Dragons (Lufia addon) have edged diamond shards added to their Diamond Dust attack.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Updated the main assorted pack and the addons - main change is removing the no_eat/no_drink tokens to prevent worldgen crashes. Wrote more precise descriptions of what some of the healing spells do in the help files as well.
Added quite a bit of additional creatures in the meantime, most notably a series of dark pits rulers. Some of the megabeasts (as well as a few of the dark pits rulers) also now have weather abilities for the intimidation factor.

For the creatures, personal ideas:
-Fog Terror - bogeyman type that doesn't appear in the wild. Large eyeless humanoid with a fanged mouth and a blade in place of one arm. Shrouds surrounding area in a fog, limiting visibility - otherwise is a physical attacker. Will change it later to give it a hide
ability, once there's a detection system for invisible creatures in place.

-Chaos Lich - dark pits ruler, a powerful undead sorcerer. Massive skeletal torso that hovers on a whirlwind of fire and frost. Has six horns, and a pair of orbs floating around it - one holding the element of fire, the other the element of frost. One arm is frozen over, the other is charred and perpetually burning. Uses frost and fire spells, reanimates dead bodies as Frostfire Skeletons. Can attack by explosively blasting creatures with its flame orb (edged attack with a high velocity), or stab with an icicle progenerated from its frost orb (piercing attack).

-Withered God - dark pits ruler - a fallen deity, simultaneously dead yet still alive. Appears as a bloated carcass with a skull head that drips black slime from its eye sockets and mouth - has six arms, and its legs have mostly withered away, forcing it to crawl on the ground. Has various dark magic - moves more slowly.

-Idol of Deformity - dark pits ruler - massive demonic entity, appears as a deformed, hunchbacked humanoid with many growths on its back, and many superficial arms protruding from parts of its body - a pair of additional torsos grows from it - each head has five eyes unevenly placed on what constitutes the "face". Uses magic to distend and deform the bodies of its victims, can also summon a pair of deformed minions.

-Afflicted King - dark pits ruler - fallen, diseased, dying god, long forgotten by mortals. Appears as a gargantuan, bearded human-like creature - pus-covered tumors grow on parts of its body, and a large porous sack grows from its throat. It appears to be delirious, and drools a greenish slime from its mouth. Moves slowly, but quickly releases clouds of gas and vomits up rotting sludge - also has a disease spell. All of its interactions reduce disease resistance and recuperation.

-Night God - dark pits ruler - grotesque deity from a world of nightmares. Has six legs and four arms, a humpbacked body, an eyeless head with a circular fanged mouth with tendrils sprouting out of it, many growths on its back, and many gashes over its body. Uses dark magic, hurling tortured souls to cause wounds, causing nightmarish maws to devour its victims or inducing horrible nightmares - can also summon random Bogeymen, as well as Nightmares.

-Swarm God - dark pits ruler - colossal insectoid demon with two arms and four legs, a scorpion-like tail, and a face that resembles a human, albeit with eight spider-like eyes and a pair of mandibles. Very theatrical, controls swarms of locusts and other insects, controlling them like an opera conductor. Can summon blighted locust demons, otherwise uses clouds of insects to cause wounds and summon smaller swarms to irritate and distract its victims.

-Grand Plaguebringer - dark pits ruler - diseased entity from another world. Is hunchbacked with rotting lumps on its back, wears a metal bird mask - pus oozes from the cracks in the mask - its teeth are blackened and its mouth appears to be always contorted into a demented grin. Carries chemical canisters on its back - one arm ends in a device with three syringes, other has a hose attached to it for spraying a mixed slurry of the chemicals. Injects various debilitating fluids with its syringes.

-Skinless Conglomerate - dark pits ruler - a trio of fallen deities, flayed and forcefully merged together. Has multi-jointed, long arms, a head that has three mouths and seven eyes as a result of the melding process - lacks legs, moving instead on the writhing mass of flesh that comprises its lower body. Births skinless aberrations, can also spray acid and poison gas using tendrils made from mashed-together organs.

Suggestions:
-Pustoad - gross, humanoid toad-like monster. Semi-sentient, has a "beard" made of hardened, cracked flesh. Hurls chunks of its own flesh to cause infections.

-Blistered Husk - undead humaonid suffering from an unknown contagion. Covered in tumorous lumps filled with a reddish-orange fluid. Its biting and scratching attacks spatter a similar slime over the wounds it inflicts, causing pain and blistering - some affected creatures may turn into more Blistered Husks when affected.

-Herald of Plague - humanoid entities - they carry torn, ragged cloaks around the neck and upper body, wear a metal mask with strange smoke billowing from the cracks in it. Has a chemical tank attached to its upper body, linking to a tube fused to one arm that sprays a similar smoke, and a syringe-bearing device. Related to the Plaguebringers and other entities that take on the guises of medical practicioners. Stabbing attacks can inject different debilitating fluids - can shoot these fluids from a distance as well.

-Lord of the Blight - dark pits ruler - grotesque undead entity, appearing as a withered farmer that hovers above the ground, lacking legs. Covered in many rotting plant growths, fungus and vines - its right arm is elongated and ends in a metal blade, resembling a crop scythe. Uses nature magic to infest its victims with fungus and summons rotting flower monsters - also spits out clouds of insects to cause wounds.

-Unknowable Entity - dark pits ruler - a cruel entity from another world. Mortal minds can only perceive it as a nearly-shapeless black mass made out of some kind of mist or energy. Speaks as though it has thousands of voices within it at once. It attacks with its appendages in a variety of ways - causes a primal terror in most beings, causing severe negative moodlets and possibly causing bleeding from the eyes and mouth. Can expel minions called Shadow Rakes - these appear as unnaturally narrow humanoids made by a similar form of mist or energy, and they too can cause a primal fear, though at a much lesser severity.

That should be it for now, I have two addons to release for this, but it'll be a while since I still have to write the help files for them.

Kingra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I commented on the other thread so I might as well comment here aswell.
The main mod and the Lufia addon didn't seem to be affected by the crashes. Sin and Turok were.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 04:32:33 am by Kingra »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam

I commented on the other thread so I might as well comment here aswell.
The main mod and the Lufia addon didn't seem to be affected by the crashes. Sin and Turok were.
Alright, good to know - still for the time being I'll still keep the no_eat/no_drink tokens removed from wild playable creatures and semi-sentients incase it would cause issues some of the time.

I've released the two addons I mentioned beforehand - For Honor factions and Feral Goblins and a Rock Eater megabeast.

Former has the four factions from FH, the Knights, Warborn (or Vikings), Chosen (or Samurai) and Wu Lin - they're all hostile invaders with multiple castes for each of the hero classes in that game (and also "basic" versions for regular ability-less workers and soldiers) - though I did include optional friendly versions in a folder you can find with the download. Too much to mention for this post, so I recommend looking through their help files - some of the new weapons and clothing/armor pieces in the weapons/armor help file will be used by them, i.e Warborn have kilts and Chosen have the Japanese armor/clothing bits like the Kabuto or Oni Masks.

Hitokiri adventurer going Frank West-style on a man-fly with a mini chainsaw from my horror pack.

The latter adds invaders in the form of Feral Goblins, basically Goblin Slayer's version of goblins, only they have females (who are still less common than males, mind) - the current variants go from the regular versions that are smaller than even dwarves, to massive Champions and intelligent Lords and Shamans. There's also a Rock Eater megabeast that can pop up - mostly a big, tough melee fighter. I'll most likely update the addon more later. The goblins themselves live in hillocks and fortresses (presumably the forts would be abandoned ruins story-wise) - they should probably be using the dark pits/fortress sites, but given how terrible and laggy those are to navigate, I'm using the second closest most fitting thing.

That should be it for now - for the time being I gotta update my main pack's help files, which'll probably take a while since I have a pretty big update done. I'll still be taking requests but it might take me longer to do them due to this.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 08:31:46 am by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Small fix to the Sin Factions - their entities shouldn't be calling for Aventails anymore.
Should have another update out in the coming days, both an addon plus some stuff added to the main part of this pack.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Released another addon - Majesty creatures this time. As usual, requires the latest version of the pack - make sure to redownload it, I've changed some stuff for consistency with other mods (i.e aventails replaced with chain-masked helms instead).
I know there already was a Majesty mod, but as this was a commision I figured I might as well upload it.
This has creatures from the first Majesty game as well as Heroes of Ardania. There's 11 civs in total - two friendly ones, Ardanian Gnomes and Ardanian Dwarves - 8 hostiles (Flesh Hunters, Vampires, Warlocks, Dark Goblins, Blackhoof Minotaurs, Man-vargs, Ratmen and Ardanian Elves - some had to be renamed to prevent confusion with other creatures) and a single playable one - Ardanians. There are also two megabeasts - Twisted Abominations and Towering Golems.

Ardanians have various castes representing the different heroes from Majesty, each with their own skill gain rates - Warriors, Priestesses, Wizards, Warriors of Discord, etc. They also have two workshops unique to them - the Magic Bazaar, where, for the ingredients (as well as a fee of gold coins that varies on the potion) you can either brew several different potion types which give different boons when ingested, or enchanting iron and steel into stronger metals - the potion ingredients are different aboveground plants - should they not be accessible at all you can procure ingredients for a hefty fee (the reaction gives enough for all potion types to be brewed thrice).
The other workshop is the Bounty Hunter's Stall, where in exchange for varying amounts of monster trophies gained from butchering different Majesty creatures you can gain additional gold coins and occasionally other rewards. The only creatures that drop trophies are most of the wild creatures and both megabeasts - sentients and semi-sentients cannot be butchered anyway so they leave no trophies, and creatures that dont leave bodies behind (i.e Desert/Fire Reavers, Desert Golems or most of the undead) also do not have trophies.

That should be it for now - I should be doing Darksiders 1+2 and Crawl creatures as the next addons for this at some point, and Shadowlands stuff for the Warcraft mod. Hope you guys enjoy this.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 01:12:06 pm by ZM5 »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Considering this and the other mod have wildly different implementations and the other mod hasn't been updated in months, I'd say this is fair to post far as mods go.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7