Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: [47.05] ZM5's Assorted Creatures Pack (also fort/adv posts and requests)  (Read 54034 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.04] ZM5's Assorted Creatures Pack (also fort/adv posts and requests)
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2020, 01:18:23 pm »

Relatively minor update time.

As a universal change, I moved over the Torturer's Poker weapon from the Kingdoms of Humanity addon for my main pack, as well as the Energy Staff and Greatclub weapons from the Sin Factions addon to the main weapon set - so now more races will be using those weapons. The addons to this pack have been updated for this accordingly, though the Warcraft pack and other mods in the main pack will have to wait until I get the help files updated.
Some new flavor clothing types have been added, as well as a few additional weapons - the Talwar, the Greatsword, the Greatbow and the Hand-cannon.

For the general assorted pack, I've only added a single additional race - the Scions of the Saw, a result of an in-joke between me and some friends. They are deranged humans with an obsession for rotary blades and murder - as such, all of their weapons have edged capabilities and can easily sever unprotected limbs - aside from having several unique weapons of their own, they also utilize the saw weapons that were normally exclusive to the Gnomish subraces from the Warcraft pack. They themselves use relatively little protective gear, however.

For the Lufia addon, I've added the Sinistrals as a Dark Pits ruler type. They have four different castes - Sinistral of Destruction, Sinistral of Chaos, Sinistral of Death and Sinistral of Terror (Death is female, the rest are male) - they share most general features, but have some differing skills (i.e Destruction has grandmaster sword, armor and shield skills, whereas Death has grandmaster spear, shield and sword skills) and different abilities. They all count as the same creature type, so unlike most other demon rulers they could possibly breed, even if its unlikely.

For the For Honor addon, I've added the Warmonger as a caste to the Knights - has a sword bias similarly to the Warden, and uses the Corruption ability to rot enemies. Also highly ambitious and with higher skill gains for intrigue and many social skills, so they might end up as villains or leaders more often. Knights also have more taunts, taken from these unused lines.

For the Feral Goblin addon, I've added the Feral Goblin Paladin caste - intelligent variant with innate sword skill, and the ability to induce a frenzy in the other Feral Goblins. I've slightly altered their entity file as well, so they might be able to survive worldgen better.

The other addons have very minor fixes and changes, the most being the additional weapon additions.

I have two addons already more-or-less done, they just need the help files written, and one of them also needs a few creatures I've yet to add. Will release whenever the help files are done.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 01:27:13 pm by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2020, 02:11:51 pm »

Small update to the Assorted Pack - added a few interactions that'll be used in some of the addons and creatures in the main body of this pack - also a head item that'll be used in one of the addons (and also by a civ I have planned for this pack)

I've also released the Kingdoms of Amalur addon, first of the two addons I have ready (second one still needs help files written but is done otherwise) - has 3 friendly civs (Kollossae, Winter Fae and Summer Fae), and 6 hostile ones (Murghans, Bolgan, Jottun, Savage Ettins, Cave Kobolds and a faction of Winter Fae) - there's also multiple wild creatures, mostly for savage biomes.
The Niskaru Balor also appears as a Dark Pits ruler, and Cave Murghans appear as underground tribals, albeit a tad tougher due to them having metal weapons.

That's it for now, I'll release the other addon as soon as I get the help files done. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2020, 04:59:07 pm »

Greetings. I've read that there's the concept of Hamon from JJBA in this mod, and I've decided to come up with a suggestion: why not add Vampires from JoJo as a playable race and give them the unique abilities they have in JoJo?
For more info, visit this: https://jojo.fandom.com/wiki/Vampire
'Cause if there's the Ripple, then there should be insanely-pressurized fluid jets fired from a vampire's eyes and the kick-ass vaporising freeze.
Also flesh buds...
Well, see for yourself :D

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2020, 12:49:01 pm »

Greetings. I've read that there's the concept of Hamon from JJBA in this mod, and I've decided to come up with a suggestion: why not add Vampires from JoJo as a playable race and give them the unique abilities they have in JoJo?
For more info, visit this: https://jojo.fandom.com/wiki/Vampire
'Cause if there's the Ripple, then there should be insanely-pressurized fluid jets fired from a vampire's eyes and the kick-ass vaporising freeze.
Also flesh buds...
Well, see for yourself :D
Main question is doability, some would be easily doable I'd think, others like the flesh buds not so much. I'll look into it.

I released another addon for this pack - Final Fantasy creatures - select creatures mostly from various entries, rather than the bestiaries of specific games in the series. There's a couple of megabeasts as well - Deathgaze from FF6, Catastroph from FF5, Iron Titan (Iron Giant enemy, using the FF2 Dawn of Souls sprite), Flowsand Lord from Tactics A2, Warmech from FF1 and Omega Weapon from FF5. Warmech and Omega Weapon require more population to show up, considering they're a bit higher-up in the boss hierarchy and possess powerful projectile attacks. In terms of the more archetypical/iconic enemies from FF, I think most are already done - there's Bombs, Malboros, several varieties of Flans, Antlions, Ahrimans, Tonberries, etc. I'll add Cactuar for the next update of this pack.

I've also added the races from Tactics Advance/Tactics A2 as civs - so Humes, Moogles, Viera, Nu Mou, Bangaa, Gria and Seeq. They have most of the classes as alternate castes (including "unique" classes like Hurdy's Bard class from A2, here called the "Minstrel" to differentiate from profession bards, or Babus' Runeseeker class) - only classes I included were ones I could replicate in some manner - the ones I couldn't - Hume/Viera Archers, Moogle Flintlocks, Viera Snipers and Bangaa Cannoneers, were omitted - ones that heavily used melee weapons for their attacks, like the Spellblade or Parivir, use untargetable "summoned sword" limbs with different effects induced depending on the type - these still use their respective weapon skill, they just count as unarmed attacks for all intents and purposes.

The default civs are friendly and are the usual portrayals of friendly members of said races. I have included an optional file with hostile versions of them with different ethics, some additional weapons, different naming (so you can tell them apart to some extent - generally the hostile versions have more violent/dark names compared to the friendly ones) and innate pets - their castes are the same, however. All of them are thieves and snatchers:
-Hostile Humes - bandit-y at best, evil empire at worst - unlike the other hostile versions, they do not have innate pets (for now).

-Hostile Bangaa/Gria/Seeq - much more barbarous than their friendly equivalents - the Bangaa and Seeq factions in particular will eat dead enemies after wars. Hostile Bangaa use Antlions, Toughskins and Dual Heads as pets, the Gria use Ahrimans, Headless and Toughskins, and Seeq use all types of Flans, Malboros and Deadly Nightshades.

-Hostile Nu Mou - death cult Nu Mou faction - they use the various undead from this pack as innate pets - Corrosive Droolers, Acid Worms, Swollen Bulbs, Skeletal Conglomerates, Crullers, Psycho Heads, Deathscythes, Floating Skulls and Deadheads.

-Hostile Moogle - dictatorial Moogle cartels who punish even the slightest infractions with death sentences. They use gas masks, unlike normal Moogles, and have Chocobos and Little Chariots as innate pets (though they share Chocobos with normal Moogles) - they will eventually have more innate pets.

-Hostile Viera - ruthless nature protectors, mixed with some occult practices - they use evil wood, plants and animals, unlike normal Viera who use good biome wood, plants and animals. They use Ahrimans, Coeurls and Lamashtus as pets.

That's it for now - I am planning for a second pass of this at some point later, mostly with some of the weirder FF6 creatures like the Brainpan, as well as some of the mechanical creatures from the same game (including the different Magitek Armor types - those will be added to the hostile Hume and hostile Moogle factions - perhaps to non-hostile Moogles as well).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 01:07:07 pm by ZM5 »

CrashyMcGee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2021, 08:52:49 pm »

What are the summoned swords made up of?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2021, 03:21:18 pm »

Custom energy material - sharp enough to do proper damage.

-Blank-

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2021, 12:15:25 am »

Hello, I made some sprites for Vieras and moogles that,while mostly for personal use, might be of interest to someone.
https://imgur.com/a/QyZZSAE

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2021, 05:04:37 pm »

Holy shit, awesome work. Gonna have to learn how to add tile support for these (provided, of course, its fine with you).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 05:28:31 pm by ZM5 »

-Blank-

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2021, 12:49:42 am »

I completely forgot to upload the txt files for them, my bad.

Too many Viera sprites
https://pastebin.com/WMivV2n5

Gemset Moogle
https://pastebin.com/iwezLH2W

Gemset Viera
https://pastebin.com/SPCmQesr

and feel free to use them in whatever capacity. Enjoy!

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
  • Vampiric Guest, [PREFSTRING:steamrollers]
    • View Profile

Dang, FF actually works really well in DF. Whenever you do plan on continuing with the pack would you be able to do the Burmecians and Cleyran?
My Mods:
Team Dwarftress 2: Creature Packs: [WIP]

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam

I'll see about it, I'm not particularly familiar with IX's setting admittedly - next update for the pack will be a minor one, though I do already have a bigger one planned.

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
  • Vampiric Guest, [PREFSTRING:steamrollers]
    • View Profile

I'll see about it, I'm not particularly familiar with IX's setting admittedly - next update for the pack will be a minor one, though I do already have a bigger one planned.

Thank for you considering them, and I'll keep my eye out for the upcoming updates!  :D
My Mods:
Team Dwarftress 2: Creature Packs: [WIP]

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.05] ZM5's Assorted Creatures Pack (also fort/adv posts and requests)
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2021, 12:56:10 pm »

Some small updates - made the weapon set compatible with my main pack, and added some new creatures to the main body of the pack - notably a new civ, the Rotscales - rotting, undead yet intelligent fishmen. Also some potential experiment types, though I admittedly have yet to see them show up in towers yet (still not quite sure how you're supposed to get that to work) - they may nonetheless appear in the wild in evil biomes, though.

For the For Honor pack, I've added the Gryphon to the Knights and the Kyoshin to the Chosen - Gryphon being a pike user, similarly to the Lawbringer, though more agile and possessing a healing ability, and the Kyoshin being an evasive sword user with the ability to impale an enemy on magical spikes, inducing heavy pain and heavily reducing speed and agility for a short period.

For the Final Fantasy pack, I added the three types of Magitek armors from FF6 - the standard Magitek Armor, the Proto Armor, a range-focused version, and the Sky Armor, an aerial version. They're only available to hostile Humes, as well as both factions of Moogles.
In the Additional Stuff folder, I've also included the Moogle and Viera sprites, as well as instructions on how to install them - credit to -Blank- for providing them. Hopefully the instructions work - I'm not quite sure if anything else is required aside from the sprites and the graphics text file - let me know if it works.

I've got two new addons packed up more or less, just need to write down the help files for them, so expect those in the coming week or so.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2021, 09:42:51 am »

Ok, it took longer than I expected, but I released two additional addons - a Crawl pack and a Darksiders pack.

The Crawl pack adds creatures from, well, Crawl - the regular monsters - some are wild creatures (mostly found in the caverns, but many are also in savage and evil biomes), others are part of a large invader faction, called the Shadowkin for lack of a better name. There are also three megabeasts, based on the three bosses, and many potential rulers of dark pits civilizations, based on the deities in the game (the looks of most of them are guesswork, as only a few have whole-body artwork).

The Darksiders pack has creatures from Darksiders 1 and 2 (I do not have the third game, nor does it appear the DS wiki has much in terms of the names of the creatures and the like) - again, a lot of them are wild, mostly appearing in savage or evil biomes, however there are also several megabeasts and one dark pits ruler. There are also 7 races in total - Makers, Light Angels, Tainted Angels, Abyssal Remnants, Crypt Walkers, Undead Hosts and Dark Demons - there are 8 civs in total, however, as the Undead Hosts have are split into one faction thats friendly and one thats hostile.

I have ideas for some more miscellaneous stuff next, whenever that comes up, and some other cross-over stuff from other sources. Might be a while before I  get to that, though.

EvilMurlock

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2022, 08:33:57 am »

Greetings, I am not sure on a few things so I would appreciate some help.

1) I am only trying to install the Hamon mod, how do I do it? Do I simply copy the files into the DF files with the same names? Is that all that is required?

2) Do dwarfs learn Hamon the same way they become necromancers -> by reading books and slabs? What causes Hamon slabs to appear (what needs to happen in world gen)?

This is the first mod I am installing, so I am unsure of how things work, thank you for any answers
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7