Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: The Liir Biocollective Empire Thread | Liir | GalactiRace  (Read 27027 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Liir Biocollective Empire Thread | Liir | GalactiRace
« Reply #390 on: June 22, 2019, 01:08:00 pm »

Quote from: Discord
EldneanToday at 7:44 PM
@The Liir Biocollective  I made a mistake last design phase, the Maelstrom Launcher was never added to your active projects.
Would this have effected your Design/Progress phase?
Also, you should bear in mind that one of your revisions is hinging on it, and it has not reached 50% completion, which means you don't have the entirety of the knowledge that will be gained from the project.
OrganicrockeaterToday at 7:48 PM
Well, that bad.
EldneanToday at 7:49 PM
Right, so the Maelstrom Eye project won't be as effective. It's still possible, but you're only about 28% of the way to figuring out how to make the Maelstrom system technically feasible.

Quote from: SquidVote
Maelstrom Eye: (2) Jerick, Lightforger
Mind Jammer Focusing Upgrade: (4) Rockeater, Jerick, Lightforger, Doomblade
Tenticaled Murder- Battleline cruiser Production Pattern: (4) Rockeater, Doomblade, Jerick, Lightforger
guide spine: (4) Rockeater, Doomblade, Jerick, Lightforger
Octo-Tentacles: (2) Doomblade, Rockeater
Spine Nutrient Improvements: (0)

Spend 4 Dice: (4) Doomblade, Rockeater, Jerick, Lightforger
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 22, 2019, 01:36:17 pm »

Can i suggest an alternative to the Octo-Tentacle revision that'll do the same thing but won't be dependant on the tentacles being on the Vala;
Quote from: Improved Appendage Regeneration
Boarding appendages possess regeneration capabilities already. This regeneration is however too slow, recent encounters with enemy suicide craft have brought its failures to light. We need severed boarding appendages to recover mid-battle. we do not have the luxury of waiting days before they are needed again so we need to speed up the Appendages existing regeneration to bring it to battle relevant speeds. This is done by allowing the appendage to draw more nutrients from the vessel when damaged and tweaking its cellular metabolism.
Maelstrom Eye: (1) Lightforger
Tenticaled Murder- Battleline cruiser Production Pattern: (4) Rockeater, Doomblade, Jerick, Lightforger
Octo-Tentacles: (2) Doomblade, Rockeater
Improved Appendage Regeneration: (1) Jerick

Also I blame the long time between turns for tricking my mind into thinking more turns had passed since we started the maelstrom

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 22, 2019, 01:38:33 pm »

Octo-Tentacles: (1) Rockeater
Improved Appendage Regeneration: (2) Jerick, Doomblade

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 22, 2019, 01:41:44 pm »

Octo-Tentacles: (0)
Improved Appendage Regeneration: (3) Jerick, Doomblade, Rockeater

Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 22, 2019, 02:40:02 pm »

Mind Jammer Focusing Upgrade
[Efficacy: 5]
Focusing the Mind-Jammer down to a narrow-band cone enables its energies to be greatly increased, and, when the emotions themselves are focused to a subset the power is increased further still. Some of the problems from the original persist, notably the fact that the psychic triggers for other races are still largely unknown, and so the Mind Jammer is largely incapable of producing specific or focused effects. However, the aforementioned focusing makes it much more likely that even these incompatible signals will be capable of causing deleterious effects.

As a resulting of the shield shaping, each Mind-Jammer will likely only be able to effect a single ship-scale target unless in very tight formation, but they'll likely be able to effect significant numbers of fightercraft. It remains effective out to the edge of engagement range.

Tentacled Murder Production Pattern
[Efficacy: 2]
Like the Undying before it, there's a number of minor inefficiencies that make the rapid growth of the 'Tentacled Murder' line just a bit more expensive than it should be.

Tentacled Murder - 5% Markup: 22820
1x Vala'cra'denka Hull
12x Evil eyes
10x psionic spine launchers
2x  double mounted Boarding Appendage
1x Telepathic organ
1x Vail piercer x 1
4x Thorium Glow reactor x4
17 x Sublight Drive Organ
6x Void eyes
16 x Carapace

Guide Spine
[Efficacy: 5]
While many bio-engineers are loath to give the Spines anything close to intelligence, combat experience has shown it to be a necessity. The Guide Spine sub-type has a significantly increased psionic potential relative to its peers, and a modest amount of animalistic intelligence. It lacks the rage of its peers, and thus their explosive capabilities, but it is capable of 'communicating' with other spines, giving them course correction information based on its own psionic senses. Those senses are well developed, optimized to scanning the cone of space ahead and with an instinctive knowledge of its desired target imprinted directly into its mind by the vessel that fired it. On final approach, the Guide spine will exhaust its psionic reserves to create numerous small psionic roils at the target's surface. Against bore based defenses this should delay and slow response times. When faced with conventional defenses, these roils can disrupt firing patterns and deflect ordinance unpredictably, limiting the efficacy of point defense systems.

The increased refinement of the Guide spine means that it's considerably slower to grow, and thus will rarely be fired as the sole component of a barrage. (This is possible, for the purposes of interdiction, but will dramatically reduce weapon fire rate) Guide spines will typically be fired as mix-ins, with Ship-board combat systems designating one or more launchers to add a guide spine as part of a salvo. In this manner, the benefits of the Guide spines can be granted to the whole a barrage without every weapon having to fire a guide spine every salvo.

Improved Appendage Regneration
[Efficacy: 2]
Improving the regeneration of the appendages isn't an issue, it's improving it enough. Drawing nutrient flows from the host vessel is a coup, but one that can endanger the host system if too much is done too quickly - particularly for small craft. More than that, the vascular tissue of the Boarding Appendages is complex, and while we have experience in hyper-rapid armor regeneration, these tentacles need to be able to flex and compress freely, as well as carry chemical payloads without issue.

In the end, Liiran bio-sculptors are able to make it so that the head of the tentacle is capable of rapid regeneration, and the body of the tentacle can steadily and more slowly grow back behind it. In this manner a tentacle shortened by an explosion can become combat effective again quickly, albeit with a greatly reduced length that will be regained over a course of hours or days.

Production and Deployment Phase of Year 5
Resources
Dice:1
T: 19809 + 3112
O: 24839+ 10565
M: 39976 + 9721
E: 31763 + 5379
S: 4577 + 675

Spoiler: Active Projects (click to show/hide)

Liiran Technology List
Liiran Empire Planner

Spoiler: Current Deployments (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 23, 2019, 12:50:49 pm »

Resource plan, cost us almost all the organic to convert the 2 ships at the capital to modern ships+ get us 2 pd ships

Spoiler: Updated defences (click to show/hide)

Fleet orders
Spoiler: HOLD THE LINE (click to show/hide)

Tactics
Spoiler: Devide and conquer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hold ground (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 12:36:39 pm by Rockeater »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 25, 2019, 04:05:54 pm »

Spoiler: An ordinary day (click to show/hide)
Just a bit of lore I knocked out because the other factions were complain about a lack of Liir lore on discord. Thoughts?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 25, 2019, 04:39:40 pm »

Looks pretty good, I'll suggest some edits later. And write the tactics.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 26, 2019, 11:13:25 am »

Thought: Undying, Tentacled Flyswatter head to Juliett or India to fight/reinforce. Keep two spine launchers each free for anti-epee usage.

Murder, flyswatter swing into Oscar/Hotel to attack hivers, Murder swings in for a fighter fakeout, then PD ship drops in by endpoint location to absorb fire.

Quote from: VOTING BOOTH
Production:
Rockeater's Plan: (1) Doomblade
Plan:
HOLD THE LINE: (1) Doomblade
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 02:49:01 pm by Doomblade187 »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 28, 2019, 03:38:46 pm »

Production:
Rockeater's Plan: (2) Doomblade, Rockeater
Plan:
HOLD THE LINE: (2) Doomblade, Rockeater

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 28, 2019, 03:57:54 pm »

Production:
Rockeater's Plan: (3) Doomblade, Rockeater, Jerick
Plan:
HOLD THE LINE: (3) Doomblade, Rockeater, Jerick

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 17, 2019, 01:58:21 pm »

Spoiler: A pirate's life (click to show/hide)
Some more lore for people's consideration. I think some aspects of this might be a little controversial but it is a pirates view of things. Also Doomblade you said you'd suggest some edits a while ago.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 17, 2019, 06:21:28 pm »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 28, 2019, 10:56:31 am »

Proposed Battleship

So, here's my idea for it:

Spacecrawler Battleship La'vara
The space battleship La'vaea is 3km long, with two major appendages adjacent to the front of it's long,flat body. The body itself is marked by small and medium mounts, and possesses a strong cartiledge and bone spinal columns. The body is capable of undulating, and is ringed in it's entirely by sunlight engine arrays, with two rows above and below the body. The appendages are coated in thick layers of chitin, and end in heavily armored cutting claws. The claws conceal large mounts. Two antennae at the front of the ship connect to a psionic pulse organ buried in the internals of the ship, which also connect to antennae on the top and bottom of the ship.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]