Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [SG] Breakfast Wars: Steel Treads  (Read 1208 times)

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
  • SOMEONE HELP ME WITH AVATARS ON THIS BLOODY SITE!
    • View Profile
[SG] Breakfast Wars: Steel Treads
« on: August 28, 2019, 05:17:35 pm »

When the Empire declared itself as the "chosen nation", the war that followed reached an apex when WMDs were deployed and the entire world almost brought itself to extinction. The international community (including a reluctant Empire) drafted the Multilateral Agreement. An international law that forbade the development and use of WMDs. The Agreement brought awareness of WMDs and their destructive capacity, and with that awareness came peace. However, this peace was not to last, as war would, once again, tip the peace the world enjoyed on its head and kick it aside.

Now, war is fought differently. Instead of building bombs and missiles, mobile armour has taken centre stage in winning wars. Tanks, tank destroyers, artillery -- all the new "WMDs" of this war. Of course, one consequence is that minor nations can easily enter the war theatre and threaten their much bigger counterparts. You are a member of one of these nations. Your crew and mobile armour are tasked with leading your nation to victory in the combined war effort. War may be different, but make no mistake -- it is not any easier!

> CHOOSE YOUR NATION!
Spoiler: The Empire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: URR (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Verdant Hegemony (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: What is this? (click to show/hide)
Isekai: A suggestion game. High Fantasy, Action, Adventure.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Breakfast Wars: Steel Treads
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 05:36:51 pm »

Sounds neat! Any further explanation of how to play or are we just going to wing it? Also, do I need to build a character sheet or anything?

I vote for the Union of Red Republics! Rise up, men and women of the Republics, for it is time to crew the machines of war!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 08:51:28 pm by coleslaw35 »

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 06:13:57 pm »

Sounds neat! Any further explanation of how to play or are we just going to wing it? Also, do I need to build a character sheet or anything?
Nothing too complicated. Don't worry. It's more narrative/tactical than "I need to know everything about a tank". No character sheet needed. The SG "host" provides one (which seems to be the local culture here). I am going to wing it slightly. If I think a certain aspect needs to be introduced I'll put it in, but I don't want to burden the readers by making this SG crunchy.

I might just go ahead and move on with your vote since it seems to be going slow at the moment. Glad to have you aboard.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 06:42:46 pm »

Glad to have you aboard.

I dig tanks, so this was only natural.

By the way, does everyone have to play the same nation or are the three listed nations acting in an alliance of sorts to combat the minor nations that have also presumably united to oppose the big boys?

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 07:02:46 pm »

Glad to have you aboard.

I dig tanks, so this was only natural.

By the way, does everyone have to play the same nation or are the three listed nations acting in an alliance of sorts to combat the minor nations that have also presumably united to oppose the big boys?
For a Suggestion Game, it operates like a 'quest' or 'CYOA' in that all the participants of this thread would have one character. I WAS thinking of making this a role-playing SG, but I wanted to test the waters first. As far as each nation--they aren't allied. They're in a free-for-all with each other. Minor nations may or may not be allied with each other.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 07:36:35 pm »

The Empire

Quality over quantity.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

UristMcRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 07:48:14 pm »

Hegemony

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2019, 08:53:26 pm »

For a Suggestion Game, it operates like a 'quest' or 'CYOA' in that all the participants of this thread would have one character. I WAS thinking of making this a role-playing SG, but I wanted to test the waters first. As far as each nation--they aren't allied. They're in a free-for-all with each other. Minor nations may or may not be allied with each other.

Aaah, alright. I misunderstood, since I don't really play games on this forum too often and when I do it's usually something entirely unrelated to a format like this, such as armaments design. Gotcha now though.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 11:20:31 pm by coleslaw35 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2019, 01:49:36 am »

I vote for the Union of Red Republics! Rise up, men and women of the Republics, for it is time to crew the machines of war!
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?