Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caravan not packing  (Read 2937 times)

The_Almighty_Demoham

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Caravan not packing
« on: August 30, 2019, 07:34:25 am »

Got a dwarven caravan to accept 200K+ worth of shell and rock crafts without selling them the bins. Now they've been stuck for over 2 seasons in the depot.

I thought maybe they were going very slowly about it, but i checked the trade goods left in the depot and it remained the same (unless the order they are shown in isn't the same that they are loaded in?)

I've also made sure they were never scared off.

Any ideas on what to do (besides murder, because i really need this export)?

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caravan not packing
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 09:14:53 am »

It may be a pathing problem.  Press "D" to see available pathing.  Green area is clear for the caravan to move through, red indicates a block in the path.  It is quite possible a tree sprouted while the caravan was staying.  Chop down trees or mine any boulders that are blocking the way out.

They will eventually go insane if they can't/don't leave.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 09:24:27 am by Killgoth »

The_Almighty_Demoham

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 11:55:14 am »

It's not the pathing; the road is clear for them to move through (i made sure), the problem is they're not packing any of the items i've traded with them. 3 seasons and they still haven't put any more away than at the start. i really don't just want to kill them.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 08:42:20 pm »

What about deconstructing the depot? They may leave unhappy, but they should leave. Then you can give them the export the next time they arrive.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Urist9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 03:00:06 am »

DFHACK command caravan list gives info about caravans, possibly indicating the problem.

You could also try "caravan leave" to set them on their way.

Packing can take quite a while. As long as they leave before getting insane, no problem.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 11:36:56 am »

What have the other civ caravans been doing?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 03:34:08 am »

Noted that a lot of caravans take a long time to leave, and occationally parts of it will wander into my fort when trying to leave. Building a road for them seems to help them find their way. As soon as a little of it is ready, they seem to figure out where to go.

The_Almighty_Demoham

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2019, 12:27:53 pm »

Sorry for not responding; i ended up killing the merchants anyway and sold all my crafts with the next caravan.

What have the other civ caravans been doing?
Elves came over whilst the dwarves were still stuck and seemingly had no trouble using the depot
The dwarven caravan that came after were sold the exact same, if not more, amount of goods and packed up and left within a season.

DFHACK command caravan list gives info about caravans, possibly indicating the problem.

You could also try "caravan leave" to set them on their way.

Packing can take quite a while. As long as they leave before getting insane, no problem.
Thanks, i'll keep this in mind in case i ever get the same problem.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 04:19:24 am »

I've heard of a wagon collision bug. If two wagoms run into each other, one or both can get stuck. Perhaps this happened in your depot? Took them ages to load, collided, then got stuck and didn't move or load any more.