Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC  (Read 22363 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2019, 09:53:58 am »

Emma gives Gunvald a small frown. She'd hoped he'd stand up to his sister a little more. Still, it wasn't as if she hadn't seen this coming.

Seeking to take her mind off of things, she ambles over to the other side of the wagon, happening to sit by Burhardt, looking over the players' shoulders.
"If it weren't for what we were really here for, this would remind me of my time outside of Lastroedal. Of course, the crew was a lot....rowdier, than this, and there was more drinking, but this is better."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2019, 10:29:39 am »

"You should tell me more about your time abroad sometime, Emma. I've never gone beyond the borders myself, except within the bindings of a book." Burhardt's mild interest in the dice game was pretty much overwritten by the prospect of a different conversation. "..Though given how rowdy a few of our number are, it's a little hard to believe there could be a band much rowdier." Burhardt's somewhat sheltered nature was plain to see in discussions like these.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2019, 10:49:24 am »

"My, my. The student, educating the teacher? How the tables turn."
"I'd be happy to regale you with tales of my voyages, Burhardt, of course. The promise of an adoring audience is always a welcome incentive."
"And if you believe our current company are rowdy, you have not lived upon a ship full of hardened sailors. My, the bawdy songs and stories I'd overhear before anyone had broken out the old wine, it really puts into perspective all those things people say about sailors."
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 10:51:01 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2019, 11:16:20 am »

Burhardt smiled at Emma's comment about students and teachers. "If there's one thing that I can say to have learned to be of greatest importance, it is that an opportunity to learn may come from anywhere, and should be taken without hesitance or shame."

Burhardt considered what she said about her time at sea, and stroked his chin. "...Now that you mention it, I've seldom heard a good word about sailors in general. Though I've never met one myself, and the specifics of the maritime trade aren't really within the purview of my own study..."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2019, 11:45:27 am »

"I think the same way. It's why I left. After all, surely there are lessons to be learned from others in the world, no?"
"Sailors can be rough around the edges, admittedly, but such conduct is to be expected. The seas can be plenty treacherous and.....well, when they aren't, it just gets dreadfully boring on the open seas, despite what books might tell you."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2019, 01:18:23 pm »

"Well, I suppose while sailing from place to place there wouldn't be terribly much to do. A few books would likely stave off boredom though."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2019, 01:23:15 pm »

"Not much room for books aboard a ship, I'm afraid. They tend to get very quickly ruined, unless you're very careful."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2019, 01:59:46 pm »

"You find other ways to cope with the boredom. I learned at least twenty different ways to play games with a deck of cards during my first voyage."
"Although, something you said brings something to mind. Have you never been outside of Manoran? I had always assumed a man of your intellect to be well-traveled."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2019, 02:31:44 pm »

"Oh, no, not remotely. My life has consisted of precious little travel. My well of knowledge is based on research and scholarly pursuits, rather than first-hand experience. I've precious few tales to tell because of that, but I have little in the way of regrets now."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2019, 02:57:49 pm »

"Hm. My mistake then for assuming. When I was younger, I had always had it in my mind that you had been so well travelled. I may or may not have thought of you as some dashing adventurer-scholar, right out of some book."
"Well, I had always been told that a full knowledge of the world involves as much travel as it does reading. Of course, my family has always been concerned with travel, being merchants, so naturally they'd instil that lesson in me. Still, there's quite a lot of knowledge Manoran seems to miss out, outside."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2019, 03:21:00 pm »

A light blush appeared on Burhardt's cheeks. "Ah, Emma, you embarrass me!"

"But of course, yes, ideally it would be possible to travel and study at once. But sadly it is usually not so practical to do. It's one of the reasons that scholars are so reliant on merchants. Their travel, connections, and wealth are instrumental in securing writings from beyond our own borders, as well as disseminating copies of our work."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2019, 06:09:01 pm »

"My, my, I shall have to take note of that for my later convenience. Even the great Burhardt Tiedemann can fall for the sweet words of a maiden, it would seem."
Emma giggles teasingly. This was standard operating procedure for her.
"But yes, I see what you mean. It pays to follow the money, and even scholars need to eat. I personally took home some copies of some fairly interesting texts I had encountered during my travels, as well as some treatises on the use of magic outside of Manoran I had intended to study to further my own knowledge. They're currently in our family library back in Bernine. Perhaps, when this affair is dealt with, I could lend you some of them."
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 04:38:47 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2019, 06:23:45 pm »

"So we doin' this in the lame way. Ech, this blows, was hopin' to smash some heads today."
Cocytus reached for his hammer and impatiently drummed his fingers along the handle as if he was hoping for an ambush to happen right there.
"It has been far too long since I had a good brawl, but I guess waitin' it is. Do you think those nail heads got any sort of information on us? Like a spy?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2019, 07:08:25 pm »

"That would be a lovely gesture Emma. I'd certainly appreciate it."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30