Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC  (Read 22346 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC
« Reply #375 on: March 30, 2020, 10:47:25 am »

"I am also interested in acquainting myself more with the current situation."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 01, 2020, 05:40:13 pm »

"Honestly, any attack works as long as you hit the brain, especially if you open up whatever you're fighting. Though just cleaving them in half is good too, especially if you go from their shoulder to-"

"Moving on. I don't know how much Fersand has told you, but since you're with us now, there's no reason to keep things secret. From you three, at least. As of now, my Sister and I are heading to  Pernreth in order to find any sort of lead to the Cult. Or, rather, we'll be hiding out in Pernreth and acting on whatever information we collect, while the rest actually find these potential leads." Gunvald began, taking a seat at the table and keeping his voice relatively quiet, mostly for the sake of keeping the Inn Keeper uninvolved.

"Pretty much the gist of it. As far as what I've found out, there are Cult members in the area. Rumors are fully true on that part, though they didn't mention that the sightings have been mostly around the bridge crossing the River Vein, a church outside the city walls, local dungeon, and marketplace. All pretty bad indicators, if you start thinking about what they generally do. Except the church. Haven't found any of them there yet, but they're probably trying to figure out how to defile that place of worship" Fersand comments, placing the empty bottle of wine on the table, finally focusing on the conversation now that he had his drink.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 02, 2020, 02:55:54 am »

"Guess the plan is to strike fast, clean up one spot, maybe squeeze out some infos too and then move to the next spot before the local cultists notice something's wrong? If yes, then we only need to plan the order in which we kick the crud out of them."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 02, 2020, 06:36:17 am »

"Striking at exposed members of the cult is likely to drive them underground. Surely we would be better off finding out where their base of operations is and strike that instead."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 02, 2020, 06:48:44 am »

"I must agree with Burhardt. It is better to cut off the head of the snake than the tail."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 02, 2020, 10:34:34 am »

"Well, you're the smart people here, I'll give you that. Give me a holler if you know how to find said base without squeezing out intel from exposed members."

Tanec shifts his attention back to his meal.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 02, 2020, 05:16:42 pm »

Burhardt spoke slowly, sounding unsure of himself. Or at least his idea. "Hm... Well, would it be possible for us to follow them? Watch where they go, what they do? See who they interact with, perhaps find out where they acquire supplies, and where those supplies go? That could lead us to them, maybe?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 02, 2020, 06:24:25 pm »

"Would require the smallest group possible to spy on them. Sure, we could split up and gather intel from multiple places at once, but not everyone here is good at stealth and observation. I'd even dare to say that the vast majority here is likely to stumble at such a critical point. After all, we have been hired for our qualities as bodyguards, a job where both muscles and willpower are preferred over being silent and sneaky."
"Don't get me wrong, Burhardt. It is a good idea, lack of backup plan in case something goes wrong aside. It just wouldn't be good in execution with our merry selves."

Tanec takes a slice of his bread, rips a piece of it apart and dips it into the meat's juice and fat before eating it. For unknown reasons, he made sure that Burhardt was seeing how he had eaten said piece of bread right now.

"Ah, this is good. This is life. Maybe it's not the most elegant way of eating a meal, but it gets the job done. And the rest of the slice will be done with in no time, too! Dowahahahaha!"

He rips a larger piece off, leaving only a small part of the slice behind, and gives it the same dipping treatment before eating it.

"Simple dishes are the best. You know what you get, you can sometimes eat it on the go and people don't pay much attention to it."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 02, 2020, 06:31:31 pm »

Subtlety was not one of Burhardt's strong suits. "No... That's an excellent point, there are very few of us who would be suited to that kind of activity I think. Myself least of all." There was a pause in which Burhardt didn't look at anyone. "Well, maybe not least, but certainly not doing well." The scholar gripped his chin, thumb idly stroking his cheek.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 03, 2020, 04:37:38 pm »

"I don't think Cocytus will take it personally if you say he's the worst at sneaking around. After all, he knows his speciality and his specialty is human carpentry, a man with a hammer in a world of nails, dowahahahaha!"

Tanec raises the small remains of his slice of bread before his eyes as he continues talking.

"I agree with you, Emma. The best way to deal with a snake is cutting off the head. However..."

He twirls the remaining piece of bread around in his hand.

"... who says you need to go directly for the head to separate the body from the head? If you're quick enough, you can deliver a lethal strike at the body from the tail upward and still leave the head behind to rot."

He dips the piece in the juice and fat and eats it.

Tanec's analogy, and him explaining how he would approach the situation with the cult, is thus complete.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 03, 2020, 05:02:17 pm »

"If."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 03, 2020, 05:26:44 pm »

"Er, Tanec... Not to say that your confidence is necessarily misplaced, but... Well, what I mean to say is, does your proposed swift strike have a back up plan? If things were to go awry?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 03, 2020, 06:53:58 pm »

"Ey, if we are just gonna fling plans around I got somethin' for ya too. Hunt down some of 'em, gather 'em up and beat the shit out of them until they start speaking."
"Ya know, so their buddies can see what's comin' for them if they don't speak up. They might be from some shitty-ass cult, but pretty sure not all of 'em will be super into the idea of 'keeping this secret until I die', ya know?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 03, 2020, 07:00:31 pm »

"I feel like there's a very real chance that the organizers might abandon their lackeys and go to ground. That leaves us waiting for them to pop up somewhere else." Burhardt didn't point out that this approach involved torture, since he suspected Cocytus wouldn't have any reason to take issue with it.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 03, 2020, 07:36:44 pm »

"Abandoning 'em won't mean much if they spill the beans and tell us where they are hidin' their sorry asses. Ya got a better idea?"
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30