Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC  (Read 22419 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2019, 03:37:16 pm »

Tanec immediately grabbed his bow as he heard the thump on the wagon. He only relaxed after he saw Emilia hanging around upside-down.

"Gee, Emilia, don't give poor old me a heart attack. Thought we have been ambushed because of that thump sound, girl."

He has yet to determine if that carefree girl is the most harmless or the most dangerous amongst them all. He only knows that her being inbetween these two extremes is unlikely.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2019, 03:40:56 pm »

Fionn gave a smirk and simply sat back against the wall in response to both Tanec and Eydis.

"The second you worry about a game when no one else has worry, you've already lost, Lady Eydis."

Besides, Fionn had way more than just a silly game of dice with no stakes involved to worry about.

"A tavern visit sounds intriguing, though I haven't drank in a while. If anything makes you vulnerable, it's drinking. I, myself, am one to always stay on top of my personality."

Fionn knew all too well what happened when he drank; he would always be the flirty drunk type... and the second anyone got him where he was even remotely vulnerable, or god forbid, took him up on his offer, he'd fall to pieces into a sobbing mess, recounting the tales of woe that plagued him deep down...

...Needless to say, he didn't drink. Though he knew he'd have to certainly at least try if they ended up in a tavern somehow... though he'd make sure to consume as little as possible. As he said... drunkenness makes you vulnerable, vulnerability makes you look weak, and then nobody takes you seriously. No matter how tight-knit he worked with anyone... he couldn't trust any one of them with his feelings. They'd use it to mock him. Toy with him. The second he opened his mouth, it would...

...Emilia was a very well appreciated distraction, because as she popped in and grabbed everyone's attention, he checked for everyone looking away. Once he had made sure, he quickly grabbed the back of his hair, yanked it and put a hand to his head. Shut up, shut up, shut up, they'll see your eyes, they'll see it... he kept thinking to himself. After a bit of self-inflicted pain and self-pity, he quickly went back to observing the scenery and waiting for the dice to be cast, hoping nobody would see his eyes. He knew all too well that the eyes were a gateway to the soul... and god knows if anyone was going to see weakness in Fionn, it was going to be his eyes.

...Suddenly, he didn't really want to play anymore. Maybe he should have gone all in.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2019, 03:51:13 pm »

"Mmpmh. It better happen soon, ye, sitting and staring at trees for hours ain't much of my thing."

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2019, 04:11:51 pm »

"Oh, hey Emilia. We should be getting to Pernrith tomorrow" Eydis responded without skipping a beat, barely even moving from her spot as she tilted her head towards the other girl, "I'm... Going to guess you just landed on top of the wagon? Because if so, I don't think it was built to support that kinda weight for long."

"Thanks, Eydis! And oh, we can't have that. Not at all." Emilia chirped in response. "Catch me, Bell!", she called out moments before she sent herself tumbling right off the wagon. There was a whoosh as the black pegasus safely caught his rider before settling into a trot. Emilia atop Bellerophon, singing proudly as though nothing had happened at all.

"Over the river and through the wood! ♪ oh, How the wind does blow! ♪ It stings the toes and bites the nose ♪ as over the ground we go. ♪"

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2019, 08:46:37 pm »

"I wish this job isn't so serious, I'd love to go to the next tavern with all of you and try not to wreck it after a keg's worth of beer or two in my stomach, DOWAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"A pub-crawl eh? Sounds like fun. Who knows, maybe-"

instantly, the huntress was on high alert, forgetting whatever she was about to say. She reached out a hand, index and middle fingers held firm, a few of the gentle shafts of sunlight seeming to coalesce at their tips. The she-wolf's eyes fixed themselves on the wagon's opening, waiting. Mere moments after, there came a thump, and....
"HIIII! Everyone's upside down. That's new. New is good. There hasn't been anything new out there in a long, long, long, long, looooong time! By the way, how long until Penrith anyway?"

"..." Odette took a long, deep breath as she let the light dissipate. And once it finally did, she let out an exasperated sigh. By then, the girl had gotten her answer and was gone again.
"Damn it. Here I was hoping that Fersand had missed a few afterall... girl's lucky I decided to wait a few seconds just to be sure."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2019, 08:56:02 pm »

Morgan's gaze looked towards the upside down girl for a moment, then evidently decided that she was either not worth a response. . . or that Morgan simply did not know how to do so.

"No, they'll do it. They don't act like. . . other people." Morgan looked back at Flavius for a moment, before returning to their original subject of the wagon's side.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2019, 07:02:28 pm »

With Emilia’s sudden entrance out of the way, a bit of silence fell back into the wagon as they retainers and siblings continued to pass the time. The dice rolls were very much not in Eydis’ favor, which led her to grumble and plot on how to turn the tables on Fionn and Odette, while Gunvald simply took out a blank covered book and began reading. Fersand being gone had been a detriment so far, seeing as they were practically blind as they went along the path ahead, but without any threats they could at least relax until something inevitably went wrong.

However, due to the fact that Emilia was riding alongside the caravan, and with the fact that there was a rather clear view of the surrounding aside from a few trees, having Fersand not around wasn’t as much of a problem anymore, thanks to the fact that Emilia had enough of a view to see anything important nearby.. Such as the group of four figures taking position on the road ahead of them. Ordinarily, it wouldn’t be much trouble, as they had come across other travelers while going down to Pernrith. But these figures were not only armed, but they were merely waiting for the caravan to approach.

While having been silent for most of the ride, the driver of the main wagon had taken notice of the figures, keeping a steady pace as he leaned back, “Sir Gunvald, it seems we’re reaching a toll” he called out before straightening back out, turning to Emilia, “I think it would be best for you to get behind the wagon for a bit Miss. No need to make yourself a target.”

“Dammit…” Gunvald muttered as he folded a page of his book, placing it down and taking a peak out of the wagon’s interior, “He’s right. Four figures, one of them on horseback, standing right at the crossroads. Not much of a way to get around them either, even if we tried. Hard to tell what they're doing, but barring the path for a toll is a good possibility..." Gunvald informed the rest of the wagon occupants, even if the group of figures were still a good few minutes away from them.

“They’re probably just some bandits hoping to make a quick buck out of some traveling merchants. Might've been hiding if Fersand came around. Whatever, some of us need the exercise-” Eydis commented, having quickly dropped the dice game once the news had been announced, giving a rather big stretch as she prepared to stand up from her spot before pausing, “... But, I guess we’re supposed to be ‘keeping a low profile’, right?” she asked, causing Gunvald to pull himself back into the wagon with a nod,

“It’s risky to expose ourselves right now, even if they are just bandits” he agreed, taking a quick glance over of the group, “Emma, Burhardt, see if you can’t settle any hostilities, if there are any, once we get there. Here-” Gunvald ordered, pulling out a rather average purse, “That should cover any expenses if they want us to pay.”

“The rest of you, get ready for a fight if they’re keen to stop us.” Eydis added shortly after, causing Gunvald to let out an exasperated sigh before nodding in agreement. It was a sudden situation they were having to deal with, but it was still best to try and handle it without violence, as far as Gunvald was concerned.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2019, 07:09:31 pm »

"Thieves, bandits...They are all the same, they only kinda of 'payment' they deserve is a head trauma, darn rats."
"I bet that even if ya give 'em some gold, they will expect more. So just give us the signal whenever things go south, lass."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2019, 07:13:34 pm »

Burhardt took hold of the purse and stowed it within the folds of his cloak. "I've no doubt that it's a simple toll. We'll handle this quickly and continue on our way. Come along, Emma." Burhardt maneuvered his way to the front of the wagon, and took a seat next to the driver.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2019, 08:20:28 pm »

A wicked grin spread across the huntress' face at Eydis' command. A few motes of light began to gather in the palm of her hand, circling round and round like a pack of starving wolves. "I pray they're that stupid. I really do..."

"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2019, 08:32:59 pm »

Flavius frowned at the group's general fightiness. He knew how dangerous bandits could be, especially in their home element. And in some ways they were more dangerous than a regular soldier, after all they'd just end up hanging if they got caught anyway.
"I'd advise caution, all of you. We don't know for sure how many there are and a knife is still a knife no matter who wields it."

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2019, 12:12:40 am »

Emilia fell silent upon noticing the upcoming trouble, her usual traveling songs nowhere to be heard. She might fantasize about it a lot but when it came to the actual thing, well, she wasn't Eydis. She didn't particularly enjoy fighting. Oh, she'll do it if she had to but honestly, she'd prefer the path that meant no one got hurt.

A sudden snort from Bellerophon jarred her from her thoughts in time to hear the driver's warning.

"Oh, uh, right, yeah. Thanks, Mr. Volker!", Emilia stammered out nervously, addressing the driver by name. She did like to be polite. She slowed down her mount enough that the main wagon overtook her. No need to make herself a bigger target than she needs to. Arrows hurt. She quickly slowed down enough to keep up with the conversation going on at the back.

"Hey, Eydis, Gunvald, everyone. We've got company. And not very nice company at that. We've got armed thugs blocking the road dead ahead. Good news is that there only seems to be four of them so, uh, maybe we can uh, show them how them how not very easy we are and they should leave us alone? Maybe?" Emilia reported, sounding more and more uncertain, by the end.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 10:57:21 pm by ctsun »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2019, 04:50:03 am »

"They'll ask for a relatively low sum, then make a bullcrap excuse to raise the sum requested to put you into a trap. Refuse to pay the new price and you'll get shouted at for being a cheapskate and pressured into paying up because if you can already pay the old price, why shouldn't you pay the new one? Obviously you can affort a sketchy toll! And if you still refuse..."
"... then the rest of the bandit group will come out of their hiding spots."

Tanec grabs his bow and quiver.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:52:35 am by SirAston »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2019, 04:56:45 am »

"I'll do my best to help."
Emma shuffles along with Burhardt to the front. She was looking forward to not having to fight; if nothing else, fighting always caused such a huge mess.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2019, 08:32:25 am »

Fionn waited patiently. Hopefully they didn't have to fight, he really wasn't in the mood to fight. If they did... Fionn pulled out his knife and started playing with the tip of it, just to prepare himself for any trouble that might surface.

"What a bother..." He mumbled to himself.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30