Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC  (Read 22416 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2019, 03:56:52 pm »

"If they are bandits, bring 'em on. What better way to teach them what is right than breaking their bones? "
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 03:58:44 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2019, 09:45:45 pm »

"Is this normal. . . ?" Morgan peered curiously at the men ahead.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2019, 10:06:42 pm »

Flavius rolls his eyes are the copper knight's blood thirstiness. He mumbles something about being no better than the bandits before turning to answer Morgan's question.
"Depends on what you mean. Are bandits demanding a toll a normal situation? Yes. Are bandits showing up in general normal? Only away from more urban areas."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2019, 01:29:15 pm »

"Oh." Morgan was quiet for a moment. "Do I incinerate them now?" The mage's tone didn't change from the vaguely curious one of the previous question.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2019, 04:34:25 am »

"Not yet. Wait for Eyd-", Emilia paused for a moment as she mused that Eydis was likely to have charged in already if it weren't for the Plan. "Wait for Gunvald. Besides, they might not be bandits. They could be traders! Very, very aggressive traders. Without any trade goods in sight. Unless they're selling swords...I've got it! They're sword salesmen."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2019, 07:22:08 am »

Burhardt looked back into the wagon. "Or. It is possible. That these people built this road and feel they have the right to enforce a simple toll to pay both for it and it's upkeep. Calm yourselves."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2019, 08:17:56 am »

Tanec checks his bow and arrows again. You cannot be prepared too much while waiting for anything to happen.

"I agree with Burhardt. Even with highwaymen, you don't strike first unless your goal is to take lives."
"Those amongst us who are eager to attack right now, are you even willing to end a man's life, to erase someone's history, just so your own can continue a bit longer?"
"Have pride as a mercenary and bodyguard. Otherwise, you're just scum."

He then looks towards Emilia, dumbfounded.

"... That or you're something... special... with a.. unique outlook on life and the situations it offers."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2019, 11:03:10 am »

Renee makes sure her sword is where it's supposed to be - it rarely left her side, but that didn't mean she shouldn't be careful.

"No, Morgan, you don't incinerate them yet. We wait until they try and attack us first. We draw without cause, we're the bad guys here. If they're what they seem to be we'll know soon enough, and then we fight."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2019, 01:22:24 pm »

Flavius shakes his head at Burnhardt's suggestion.
"That's doubtful, if they were official they'd probably have a building to sit in, or a way to stop people just walking through other than themselves."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2019, 01:25:29 pm »

"Okay." Morgan shifted in their seat slightly, seemingly trying to get more comfortable. "Do you think they're sword salesmen?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2019, 02:46:26 pm »

“Thank you Emillia. Just stay back and wait. You’ll know how things go and what you need to be doing soon enough” Eydis replied bluntly, folding her arms as she did so, opening her mouth to respond to Tanec before closing it shortly after. She really didn't need to explain herself and her willingness to fight, but to her, a fight either killed her, or killed her opponent. Either way, someone's history would end, and it might as well be her that continued going.

Meanwhile, as the two diplomats moved their way to the front, Volker shuffled to the side in order to make room while keeping the caravan moving. The group of figures, for the most part, merely stood on the road as they approached until the horseback figure broke away and headed towards them. As they did so, the physical details from the figure became more and more clearer… Specifically showing him to be a rather young, black haired boy in armor generally worn by Lastreodal soldiers, bearing a friendly smile as he trotted up to the three drivers

“Hold there travellers. We are representatives of the Pernrith community, tasked to both protect the city and to collect payment from anyone crossing into its territory by the late King Ingvar himself. I understand how much trouble it is, but if you would, please step away from the caravan and submit yourselves to inspection” he ordered, never dropping his smile for a second.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 02:50:54 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2019, 03:20:01 pm »

Immediately, something twigged in Emma's head about their orders. Too many guards for a "routine" inspection; they'd only really need two, unless it was somewhere heavily guarded. It could be explained by regional instability and Cult activity, but why here, instead of somewhere more important?

He was smiling too much, too. Trying too hard to be friendly. Emma wasn't fooled. A professional was neither too friendly nor too cordial; it was, after all, professionalism, not coldness.

Alright, if he wanted to play the part of the town guard, she'd play the part of the flustered maiden. She'd scope them out, see what was going on, and maybe there might be a sign for her other allies to get in on this.

She giggles airily, smiling sweetly at the young guard.
"Oh, my, my. I didn't know they had guards quite so dashing nowadays. I'm quite used to being stopped by those dour old men in the north."
"If you could be so kind, may I ask why there's so many of you here? Surely you're not here for our little old selves."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2019, 03:22:44 pm »

Burhardt's easy smile slid off his face like an overripe tomato slides down the face of a jester. "Oh. I don't suppose you have any manner of written notice of this royal decree? Or were you perhaps informed of this duty by a superior officer?" Burhardt's tone was even and measured, but internally he was more than a little worried that the man before him was about to die.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2019, 03:29:25 pm »

The clanking coming from one of the wagons made it all too clear that Cocytus was preparing to give this man a piece of his mind very soon-Or splatter the stranger's mind all over the place, especially when this figure talking about an "inspection" was making it all too obvious he was lying based on his behavior and lack of evidences. 

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2019, 04:29:56 pm »

"Be glad you weren't stopped by my captain little lady. Probably the oldest man for miles here. Only reason there's more than two of us here is because of the entire Cult thing going on. Captain wanted us to be safe in case any... Actively suspicious characters came across this road, and I can assure you lady, you are not one of them." the boy replied, right before turning his head to Burhardt,

"I suppose it's fair that you'd ask for evidence, not the first to demand such things. Here-" he began as he reached into a satchel on his horse's side. It only took a few seconds, but after those seconds the boy pulled out a neatly folded parchment, unfolding it and showing the written side off to the royal tutor. While it would be difficult to read the finer print of the contents from the distance, there was one detail that easily stood out due to its bright red color. A sigil of Lastreodal, used by the royal family for official letters. It was only after the boy began lowering the parchment, once he had given the drivers enough time to read it, that he heard the distinct clanking coming from the wagon, his continued smile almost dropping as he looked past them,

"... Loose cargo in there?"
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30