Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zombie Baby  (Read 880 times)

Railick Stonemane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonemane Library
Zombie Baby
« on: January 15, 2008, 04:30:00 pm »

My fort was starting to get old to me, there wasn't anything happening and it wasn't cool in any special sort of way. Thus I turned all the babys into super powerful zombies with Dwarf Companion and watched as they turned my fort of about 50 into a fort of corpses. (Funniest fin thing I've ever seen) What is really horrible is that all my war dogs converged on one of the babies and began to tear it limb from limb. The fing dogs were carrying around dwarven baby chunks in their mouths, it almost made me throw up. Still these babies weren't enough to kill everyone. One last person was alive (The mother of one of the babies. He thoughts screen was harrowing to say the least. She'd watched her husband, her pets, and her baby die) To git rid of this dwarf I had to release magma and water into the fort and let her drown (she deftly avoided the magma  :( )   While I waited like half an hour for the water to fill up to the top levels I did get to see something awsome. The water breached my forge area and started to flow into the top of a magma vent (Where it shows the magma below but just says open space, like the mouth of a volcano but totally under ground.) The water flowed over the edge down into the magma and sealed it all off. It made a giant awsome floor of obsidian which I wish now I could have engraved ect, sadly everyone was already dead. (Makes note for future, seal magma vent and turn it into a hall of history) Any hoooo, I've had like 40 Dr. Peppers today and I just needed to burn some energy off wih a rant! I guess I'll go back to writting Stonemane now.
"And call a dog a cow-that don't change the way the thing'll taste!" Bruenor Battlehammer

http://railickstonemane.wordpress.com/
http://stonemane.hostei.com/

nw0

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Baby
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 11:27:00 pm »

That is disturbing on many, many levels. Just... wow. Are you sure those were Dr. Peppers?

Though... it's actually kind of funny. You know, in a sick 'n twisted kind of way.

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 04:01:00 am »

Now I know what it feels to discover relativity only to find that people just want to build bombs.

Zombie babies ... eek!  (but very good idea!)

Chaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mist Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 05:52:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by bartavelle:
<STRONG>Now I know what it feels to discover relativity only to find that people just want to build bombs.</STRONG>

Best. Comment. Ever.

A lurker has sprung from ambush!

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 12:21:00 pm »

Zombie babies, huh?  Watch Dead Alive recently or something?

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 12:22:00 pm »

Yeah... that's just plain awesome...
ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

Railick Stonemane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonemane Library
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 12:25:00 pm »

Dwarf Companion does give you a lot of ways to cheat, but it also gives you a giant tool box of ways to destroy your fortress that weren't there before. Zombie babies, skeletal war dogs, insane caravan guards that kill everyone they can get their hands on. You could set everyone in the freaking fortress to zombie except for one axe man and have him set to max levels and see if he can survive a dawn of the dead situation where he is the last dwarf left alive.

DWARF OF THE DEAD!
Start an adventurer in a town with a high popluation and set them all to zombies and see how long you can survive with just a maul or some other blunt weapon! See if you can find a mead hall and defend it like they did the mall in the movie  :)

Dwarfy DOOM!
A 70 dwarf reclaim team is sent to see what happened to their precious adamantine mines. In the first few seconds of arrival all but seven of the dwarfs are turned into zombies by insidious violence that is two disgustin to describe.

So those seven dwarfs (named by the community) Must survive with what weapons they have, and try to drive the zombie hordes out of their reclaimed fortress once and for all while at the same time dealing with the demons down in the pits

[ January 16, 2008: Message edited by: Railick Stonemane ]

"And call a dog a cow-that don't change the way the thing'll taste!" Bruenor Battlehammer

http://railickstonemane.wordpress.com/
http://stonemane.hostei.com/

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 12:31:00 pm »

The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 05:06:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Keilden:
<STRONG> </STRONG>

This reminds me of some awful movie I saw on the SciFi channel. Different concept, same result: Evil baby.

Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ShunterAlhena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 05:41:00 pm »

They say power corrupts. And therefore DF is the finest personality test one can take. I locked twenty animals in a 5×5 hole for a year without any nourishment or attention, and I thought that indicated cruelty on my part, but now I see that slowly flooding that pit or throwing in burning !!Objects!! without any way to escape would be cruel; this is merely a little harsh.
fox has become enraged!

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 03:43:00 pm »

Did you get the idea from the last episode of 2 Sense?
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.