Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Favourite features of the mod  (Read 1514 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite features of the mod
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2019, 09:06:44 pm »

I'd totally be willing to make a new version of Kobold Mode, at least if making an independent module that can be dragged and dropped onto Masterwork isn't too much of a compatibility pain. And if you're ok with me basing it at least partially off the 34.11 version of kobolds for the basic stuff like bone/leather workshops and the kobold race/civilization. And of course if you don't have your own preexisting plans for Kobold Mode.
Mh? The 44.12 version has a fully fledged kobold mode...

Wow I guess I'm really behind on masterwork development then. I guess there goes the next five hours.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2019, 09:11:04 pm »

Villains? Summoning? No idea...

Completely unrelated to that, do you know which I miss most? ... WARLOCKS!

Small groups of necromancers, with their zombies and skeleton armies.

I mean, look at them? Who could say no to these faces?

The crypt lord even brought a full regiment.

And the ghoul master tries to keep his zombies in line.

Muha... Mu HAHA MUAHAHAHAHA!!! (In case you have no idea what I'm talking about: MasterworkDF 34.11 had a massive (30 days of full time work) mod full of necromancers. To this day the most complex mod for DF I think. Guess what I'm working on right now? :P )
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2019, 09:21:21 pm »

Villains? Summoning? No idea...

Completely unrelated to that, do you know which I miss most? ... WARLOCKS!

Small groups of necromancers, with their zombies and skeleton armies.

I mean, look at them? Who could say no to these faces?

The crypt lord even brought a full regiment.

And the ghoul master tries to keep his zombies in line.

Muha... Mu HAHA MUAHAHAHAHA!!! (In case you have no idea what I'm talking about: MasterworkDF 34.11 had a massive (30 days of full time work) mod full of necromancers. To this day the most complex mod for DF I think. Guess what I'm working on right now? :P )

I wanted desperately to make a fort that resembled some old-ass barrows or something. And just keep groups of elite skeletal killing machines ready to unleash on my enemies. never got around to it. Loved the little fuckers, but the longest running dungeon I had I lost with Riverrun.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2019, 05:56:02 pm »

New Masterwork? And you want us to pick what we thought was good? Hmm...

The Gnome Add-on! I never quite got to play it when it was a major thing, but i would love to play it in a modern Masterwork! Especially without DFHack, and perhaps we'll get to see some of your own takes on Gnomes.

Also, please have 32-bit support. Not all of us have those fancy 64-bit computers.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2019, 06:37:25 am »

I know it wasn't your work, but since they're generally my favorite Masterwork race, I'd love to see a new, streamlined version of the Orcs.  The ones that exist are really fun, but they're bloated with a bunch of different features that kind of run in different directions.  I'd want to see a version that dials in on the, to me, most interesting bits of their gameplay - the tribal/primitive gear that lets you put together a functioning fort and militia out of hunting/ranching, the mass production that makes up their midgame (letting them continue to make cheap, plentiful gear when they start accessing metal), and then the raiding of other civs to get access to their stuff.  In general, as much as I love Masterwork, it can tend to be a bit 'more is more', so really dialing in on a few things for any given playable civ to do will make them more interesting to me - humans kind of have that in that their whole industry revolves around gathering coins.

Oh, and if there's gonna be those sorts of trade mechanics in a new Masterwork, I'd honestly prefer 'trade goods' over needing to manage stacks of coins - let me trade gems, totems, or 'sacks of cash'
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2019, 04:25:31 pm »

I really like the variety of decorations.  I spend a good deal of time on an established fort building carpeted hallways, banners in the main throne room, fountain areas near the trading posts, tiles around the kitchens, et al., to make it all Look Good.  Maybe more carpet variety.

I miss all the sieges.  I know, I know, vanilla changes ...

I liked it when the Jotunar (sp?) dropped metal bars.  I also like all the high-end metals that're not only rare but really hard to mass-produce - it's usually just not possible to outfit the whole army in Volcanic, makes it that much more special.

I liked where mints and coins were headed before ... need a screenshot of Urist running from a Forgotten Beast through his coin-drenched throne room ...

I loved the magic castes :)  I like the guildhalls, they seem better than the libraries - maybe it's me, I usually find putting them in castes is way faster and more useful than micromanaging library usage.  Or maybe it's just easier ;)

The only thing I can think of at the moment that I actively dislike is that I find it really, really challenging to distinguish which race is being picked during the world gen maps.  Maybe it's just me.  I usually pick which race I want to play and use my scripts to mod the raws so only the one is available before I start the game.
Pages: 1 [2]