Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: [WIP] ☼Warlock☼ Mod - PLEASE TEST!  (Read 19995 times)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] ☼Warlock☼ Mod - PLEASE TEST!
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2019, 06:57:04 pm »

EDIT: As a replacement for forgotten beasts and night creatures, could try adding two creatures with many different castes, with different demands for summoning different castes (and making them genderless so they can't breed and thus give freebies.)

If you do this, I really liked my one eyed giant spider with a poisonous bite until it killed half my warlocks lol

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2019, 06:59:55 pm »

Oh yeah. Forgotten beast/night creature pets will spontaneously kill your own people. That's a bug report.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2019, 11:44:25 pm »

I also seem to be having issues with crashes while saving - the game still saves, but it shits the bed in the process. Unsure if it's related to the animations since Meph mentioned something about some workshop redraw thing seeming to be at fault, which I think has to do with animations? Anyone else having that issue with the double souls thing from prisoners?

uristavatar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2019, 04:33:09 am »

(de-lurk)

Warlock v0.5 ed bug report (Thanks for re-igniting this Meph!):

"Design New World" - Starter World - failed to land on suitable world (assume lack of good/evil?).
Went with "diverse" (Garden of Gaia) map instead - added more start points (just in case!). Also using fastdwarf 1 and autolabour to get through testing

Game 1: "Prisoners" embark ++Beak dogs, mushie seeds, and some Acid Mephits also
- Beak Dogs appeared as Civ Members in Therapist?! not animals?
- crashed in first few days (about time I summoned first imp)
- subsequent embarks to same spot, similar group got constant crash on embark

Game 2: "Prisoners Embark" ++mushies, whips & set TWBT refresh to 0 based on meph's advice - worked longer (still crashed before Summer save)
- Prisoners generate animal and race souls (you got this)
- Ether Gate gives 10 of everything, not just blocks, confirmed in raws (you got this too)
- managed to summon 2 imps, dwarven ghoul this time ok but crash soon after
- stderror.log noted
Invoking: repeat -name warn-starving -time 10 -timeUnits days -command [ warn-starving ]
Invoking: warn-starving
(not sure where else to look for debugging this - logs are pretty poor, debugging tips welcome!)

Re: hard to get thread - I recall from the original MWDF Warlocks had this, I recall always needing to grow PigTails to fix... feature, not bug?

(lurk)

uristavatar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2019, 09:04:18 am »

Prisoners Den wasn't registering (maybe by design? there's no reagents so maybe for testing only)

Fixed by (one of the below, oh, and regen world.. )

building_warlock.txt : Prisoners den has same <shift t> hotkey as Alchemist Transmutation (changed to D)

entity_evil_warlock.txt : line 193: square braces missing

reaction_warlock.txt
   line 1062 - replaced left round brace with hyphen
   line 1076 - remove duplicate line BUILDING:TANNER

The "Factories" section under uild [f]urnace is empty, looks like it needs some buildings here (water, magma liquids?; slade & obsidian casters? weather controls?)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2019, 09:43:58 am »

Not had time to test or do my own code tweaks to have things how i like it since its time intensive but here's just some input i have based on the comments here.

Beak dogs in this version are not vanilla 44.12 beak dogs which have [PET] because people were complaining to toady a few versions back that they were raiding goblin sites (natural since they're a typical antagonist) and bringing back hostile unusable beak dogs. This needs to be reciprocated for unicorns as well, which were also another elf-target they'd assimilate.
  • Without a change to include [PET] or [PET_EXOTIC] animals brought along in fortress mode for other feats like wagon pulling or mount capability can't be used from the 'z' animal screen or particularly used

I personally opt to just remove beak dogs by making some alterations, we have snakes and giant insects instead to use, anything else i can get through raiding other races under conditions of stealing livestock using my disposable troops (after changing the overlord to not command the entire force). I might suggest some feral ghoul/skeletal creatures created with animal souls at the respective shrines instead.
  • perhaps the kind of animal could have a prefixed soul, savage souls from large predators for instance yielding large aggressive constructs. Warlocks could probably use a mundane non-ability using pet for vermin-hunting as my last fortress was flooded with critters

One last thing i will say is that the Overlord commanding all of the fortress troops with [MILITARY_STRATEGY] is actually a poor decision, because that responsibility allows them to leave the map on missions. If a player gets their overlord captured by enemy forces or gets stuck off map as shown in bug-reports (like this one) they'll be unable to assign future subordinates (super-solo mages) or change out the overlord.

In short there would be nobody out there to rescue them, and you'll be out of your entire fortress's military force, a regular format with squads of twenty set to [CREATURE_CLASS:WARLOCK_CIV] (or whatever you're using for distiguishing warlock leadership) i find personally fine, above average for squad size but not too overwhelming. Only five squads and five commanding warlocks to lead a 100 unit raid or counter-offensive.
  • You can't also train ranged squads or melee squads proportionally with a 100 squad blob, a seperate position with/without is a subordinate or singular on its own than has would be more appropriate

I've made a basic example position of a scaling 100 capacity raiding or massed response type, they all are commanding subordinates of the general but are assigned by the landowning nobles of that current entity. Warlocks cannot confirm a upgrade in landowner status because of the DFhack hermit mode preventing carvans taking news back to the captial to update status, if it was any way similar to mine.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2019, 01:32:55 pm »

Didn't feel appropriate to edit my last post for a new point, so ill start a fresh one.

Ok, so far I noticed:
 - Seems hard to get thread/cloth as Warlocks, without sheep or trade.

- Gargoyles aren't that aggressive, at least against wildlife/fleeing kobolds. I hope they work against invaders.

A idea for thread and cloth would be to have prisoners grow longer hair to be sheared. Though i do have a excellent troll slave ready if you would like it.
  • Humans, goblins and elves respectively have gathered head hair, while dwarves have their beard hair collected regularly
My enslaved troll, vanilla friendly and nerfed a bit (size, intelligence) for ease of use, being mindless pets you can pull them away from goblin sites and reconstitute them as wooly livestock, ivory and war animals, they also pull wagons in the place of beak dogs.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for gargoyles they seem to work ok as bait against creatures that like to invade from your caverns, deterring the smaller ones and putting up a valiant fight versus the larger ones not caught (or couldnt be caught) in the traps. Id definitely put a variety of gargoyles in a special killing room to slow down a FB or a siege.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2019, 01:59:54 pm »

Could use them the same way in trap hallways to lure Invaders away from your entrance corridor/trade depot. Invaders spot "accessible" gargoyle, path through trap hallways to get to them, die horribly.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mediterraneo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2019, 10:01:50 am »

I noticed this now: wow! I will try them!
I don't do much modding, but when I do you can use anything I did for Dwarf Fortress in any non-commercial project. Let me know if you did, you'll make me happy!

Rhenaya's Drow mod forum page

stroppycarpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2019, 11:18:52 am »

When I try to raise a skeleton it crashes the game

I was using an elf soul, totem, leather and bones from elf and 2 kobolds (since it requires 3 stacks of bones and the elf and kobolds each give 1)

I don't know how to give further details on the nature of the crash.

Wyrdean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2019, 05:01:24 pm »

I've been keeping an eye on this mod since its creation and finally decided to give it a try after my current fortress degraded into a pit of fire and depravity.

However, much to my dismay it crashes as soon as I embark, IE the ere the lions get hungry screen.

I've given it three attempts, none have gotten beyond that point.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2019, 11:25:02 pm »

It's the twbt redraw_all 1, aka the animations. Set it to 0 and it should be fine.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

stroppycarpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2019, 09:36:45 am »

I don't know if the redraw_all 1 comment was directed at me or Wyrdean. Just to test, I set redraw_all to 0 in dfhack.init in the Dwarf Fortress folder.
My crash still occurred upon raising skeleton.

I tried tinkering. Interestingly if I use all kobold parts (3x kobold bone stack, kobold totem, leather, soul) then it works without a crash and a kobold skeleton is created.
I tried another time kobold and elf bone mixture and it crashed again.

AshTheTiefling

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Artist, Adequate Modder, Necromancer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2019, 12:59:52 am »

Definitely using this, I've always wanted DF to have more fantasy elements :) just one quick question:

Does it still work with an ascii tileset?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 03:04:02 am by AshTheTiefling »
You know what was happening? The terrifying master, nearly maxed all combat skills, was hitting me with some copper earring. Over and over. It took it few days, but he managed to beat me with copper earring.
Welcome to... Megabeast Park! *Raaawr!*

cyberwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2019, 10:07:06 pm »

When I ran the raise an Imp reaction, it immediately crashed
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9