Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: [WIP] ☼Warlock☼ Mod - PLEASE TEST!  (Read 19841 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WIP] ☼Warlock☼ Mod - PLEASE TEST!
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2019, 02:33:01 am »

Yep.

Summoning creatures can crash the game, it's fairly random, and sadly out of my control. It's the reason I haven't released the mod... Without creating civ members, it's kinda pointless. :/
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

cyberwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2019, 09:33:03 pm »

Yep.

Summoning creatures can crash the game, it's fairly random, and sadly out of my control. It's the reason I haven't released the mod... Without creating civ members, it's kinda pointless. :/

Okay, so it is just bad luck?

I have a suggestion; instead of summoning perhaps conversion? I recall there are scripts that can change a unit to belong to your fort. Then polymorph the unit into some kind of monster. You could frame it as a live sacrifice. Im not quite sure how to impliment that, but you are the expert on these things.

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2019, 11:23:33 pm »

Summoning creatures can crash the game

(I didn't test the mod yet)
If employing create-unit causes crashes, you could instead resurrect a corpse/bodypart and then transform it into the desired creature. The game actually allows you to request bodyparts and/or corpses as reagents, so using reaction-product-trigger (to target the input items) alongside some sort of simple script to resurrect and transform the creature should (in theory) avoid crashes.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2019, 05:40:05 am »

I'd rather wait for a fix to create-unit or the villains release to allow summoning.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #125 on: January 07, 2020, 06:55:23 am »

I added a few more things and made a proper release here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175304.0

Let me know what you think. :)

Since people report crashes upon creature-creation, I added a quicksave option to every workshop that summons a creature. Best I can do for now, till dfhack updates the create-unit script.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 07:36:01 am by Meph »

wormpattern

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2020, 07:22:56 am »

Its great mod, I play it all the time. Do you plan to upgrade it with DF 47?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2020, 10:06:38 am »

Sure, but I have to wait for dfhack ;)

AshTheTiefling

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Artist, Adequate Modder, Necromancer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2020, 05:45:39 am »

Hey, can it work with and ASCII Tileset!?
I commonly use one and would really like someone to tell me if it does. (Doesn't have to be Meph.)
You know what was happening? The terrifying master, nearly maxed all combat skills, was hitting me with some copper earring. Over and over. It took it few days, but he managed to beat me with copper earring.
Welcome to... Megabeast Park! *Raaawr!*
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]