Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: [WIP] ☼Warlock☼ Mod - PLEASE TEST!  (Read 19836 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WIP] ☼Warlock☼ Necromancer Evil Magic Villain mod - Work in progress
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2019, 12:36:59 pm »

Since I can add any civ creature into any other civ, I made this little drag & drop mod that can add humans, elves, goblins and kobolds into your dwarven fort. Welcome to the friendly neighbourhood fortress: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174601.0 ;)

No idea why that mod didn't exist before. ^^

Now back to evil wizards. :D
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2019, 09:06:05 pm »

Ain't gonna lie man, weirdly excited for the warlocks' return (and I am going to continue to call them that because necromancers will be discount knock-offs compared to these guys.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2019, 06:46:59 pm »

Gargoyle ideas:

All immobile, can be pastured where you want them. Your static base defense:

Gargoyle: spits rock dust, blinding units
Hydra: Spits 3 rock boulders
Snake: poison spit
Ghost: Ice breath (freezes water)
Insect: Webs
Dragon: Dragonfire
Drake: Firebreath
Wyvern: Fireball
Lich: Animated corpses
Knight: Fights in Melee with sword bodyparts.

Constructed from tons of rock; a couple of fitting ingredients (like silk for the web-spitter; magma for the fire-breathing ones);

I kinda want to make an evil chess-set of gargoyles now, but no idea what they would do. :D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 08:52:48 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2019, 08:10:37 pm »

lol, while gargoyle testing, I think I found a new type of weapon.

Fireproof, eternally burning webs; which trap and set the target on fire. :D

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2019, 08:15:46 pm »

lol, while gargoyle testing, I think I found a new type of weapon.

Fireproof, eternally burning webs; which trap and set the target on fire. :D

Very cool. How did you code this?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 08:40:26 pm by brolol.404 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2019, 08:22:19 pm »

By chance. Webs are local_creature_mat, which is OBSIDIAN.

Then I set them on fire when I was testing the dragon gargoyle, with dragonfirebreath.

Somehow the webs don't want to burn away. ^^

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2019, 05:26:48 am »

Interesting.  I wonder if youh could use that local creature mat code to a new creature, but change the name and add a contact syndrome.  Could make some cool "poisonous goo" type uses.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2019, 05:53:18 am »

Mh.

Guess I have to remake about 500 sprites, because I used vordaks skeleton, zombie and civ-units as basis.

Edit: Scrap that, he showed mercy (and had pretty solid points). I'll redo the ghosts; increase the quality on the armors; and put a big fat spoiler on it, once I release the mod.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 08:17:28 am by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2019, 08:52:30 am »

The altered Vordak sprites would look like this. Vordak was understandably unhappy that I made a bit of a mess of his work. The civ sprites do use his work as a basis; any extra sprites I'll use in this mod won't be his.

The sprites used are the 5 civ variants for prisoners, skeletons, zombies and evil version; That's it. Dwarf example below; the rest looks just like it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2019, 09:34:25 am »

Interesting.  I wonder if youh could use that local creature mat code to a new creature, but change the name and add a contact syndrome.  Could make some cool "poisonous goo" type uses.
I know liquids work with contact syndromes, not sure about webs.

But you can certainly give them sprites:

It reads ingame as "caltrop thread"... and dwarves collect it to make caltrop cloth... so not really a good solution, but in theory it's possible.

You can avoid the web-collecting by making the web melt, but then the dwarves would go to clean it up. :/

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2019, 11:52:17 am »

Damn... I forgot that civs don't butcher sentient creatures anymore, even if their ethics allow for that.

That puts a damper on the idea of killing invaders to create new units; because the corpses of invaders are not used in reactions... nor can they be butchered. Which is kinda the point of the entire race; multiply by killing.

I can still use the prisoner pets for that, butcher those and resurrect as skeleton/ghouls, but that's not quite the same. No combat involved and it all depends on how many you embarked with, not how well you fight enemy sieges.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2019, 12:04:07 pm »

No reason they can't still be raised, just not as new controllable units. Still, that does put a slight damper on things.

There's is the fix-sentient-butcher script, but it's been pretty hit or miss as to if it'll decide to work or not.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2019, 01:46:51 pm »

No reason they can't still be raised, just not as new controllable units. Still, that does put a slight damper on things.

There's is the fix-sentient-butcher script, but it's been pretty hit or miss as to if it'll decide to work or not.

The refined 'fix-sentient-butcher' script will negate current civilisation creatures (necromancers in mephs case) but does work on a game-session basis, if at all the player forgets its running (it can't resolve creatures that have died before the script ran on the map) and activates it again it risks turning it off without a visible indicator.

To make it fully useful you could:
  • Link its activation using the same reaction trigger script for unit summoning and fortress-conversion to the butcher's workshop or equivilent workshop, meaning you could package this as a modification like the recent cultural exchange mod over the shops.
  • Using a if-entity script, just provide a update to DFhack panel of whether its on and a 'check' of status through reactions on the butcher's shop
  • Mass undesignate the dead_dwarf=true bodies or give a numerical indicator of how many egible ones of them there are on the map.

Its a great script, here's a quick link to it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2019, 08:15:21 pm »

A bit of progress:

Warlocks can milk venomous creatures and use the venom to cover weapons, traps and ammo.

They can also build an Alchemist and transmute any metal into any metal (2 bars + flux = 1 bar of new metal). Due to the permuttations, that's 109 reactions. ^^ Only base metals, no alloys. Means no easy steel, also no adamantine.

And the butcher script still works! (thanks guys! I remembered that something like this existed, but it would have taken quite a while to find it) Which means I can continue with raising intelligent corpses. ;)

Any requests? Suggestions? Anyone wants a playable test version?

Edit: It's funny... I wanted to mod to take a break from spriting... end up spending most of the time for this making sprites. :D Oh, new weapons? Armors? Workshops? Pets? Civs? Everything needs sprites ^^

Alchemist:

« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 08:31:37 pm by Meph »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2019, 12:18:13 am »

A playable alpha/beta wouldn't go amiss I think. I've been wanting to play'em but don't wanna go back to 34.11 just for that.

The refined 'fix-sentient-butcher' script will negate current civilisation creatures (necromancers in mephs case) but does work on a game-session basis, if at all the player forgets its running (it can't resolve creatures that have died before the script ran on the map) and activates it again it risks turning it off without a visible indicator.
Oh shit, that's per session? Alright, that explains a lot. I'll need to make a note of that for the utility mod, since I included a furnace specifically for disposing of corpses and body parts with that script in mind.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9