Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: [WIP] ☼Warlock☼ Mod - PLEASE TEST!  (Read 20053 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WIP] ☼Warlock☼ Necromancer Evil Magic Villain mod - Work in progress
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2019, 06:33:54 pm »

Will tree planting come to the other masterwork races like just by a generic means to gather fruit, wood & (olive) oil?
Tree planting has been in Masterwork DF since I introduced the very first new playable race, kobolds, in 34.11.  8)

I know it didn't make the cut for the newer version, but I've had the idea soooo many years ago. Kobolds made a lot of their wood that way.

If Roses does write a script, that would be super amazing too! But I'd use it more for making fences and random tree planting; no really using the trees as firewood. XD
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2019, 08:30:07 pm »

Mh, I can't seem to just play a test fort and leave the poor mod alone...

- Added the ability to make bone bars, to construct floor bars and vertical bars (fences) from bones.
 - Added 7 magic altars.

- Air Altar controls the weather.
 - Earth Altar animated clay, boulders, rock or metals to Mud men, Gabbro men, Amethyst men or Iron men.
 - Fire Altar summons Fire Men, unlocks Magma workshops, and spawns magma.
 - Water Altar spawns water.
 - Blood Altar summons Blood Men; or turns a Warlock into a Vampire!
 - Life (Nature?) Altar regrows all grass; insta-grows all saplings, or insta-grows all planted crops.
 - Death Altar triggers fey and fell moods (bowyer, weaponsmith or armorsmith) and allows you to put all undeads to rest (aka kills them)

All of this works, tested ingame, I just need to come up with good prices for the reactions. I think I'll go back and add SOULS! to all creatures. Like generic animal souls. That way you can murder your way around the wildlife, then use their souls for magic interactions or maybe that upgrade-material you guys have been asking about. :) (EDIT: Done. Bloodsteel + soul = twice as good metal as steel called "soulforged")
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 08:38:12 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2019, 09:55:28 pm »

Soulforge Steel. I like it.

Those are also some pretty sweet looking mini-shrines.

Could have the water alter also produce amphibious abominations to put in moats and supplement drowning traps and the like.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2019, 04:37:05 am »

Soulforge Steel. I like it.

Those are also some pretty sweet looking mini-shrines.

Could have the water alter also produce amphibious abominations to put in moats and supplement drowning traps and the like.

water man? sponge man? ocean-man?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2019, 03:42:46 pm »

I tried sticking to the vanilla DF creatures for the summons. There are no water-related element-men in the game... I can add a grimeling to the life/nature altar though.

Slowly approaching magic now: Vampire, Werewolf, Necromancer, Pyromancer and Geomancer are in the game. All have positive sides and negative sides.

Vampire:
 - Insanely strong, never dies, good fighter.
 - Might kill your own units when he gets thirsty.

Werewolf:
 - Strong, transformes once every full moon or when fleeing combat, very hard to kill when transformed.
 - Crazed, attacks everything in sight.

Necromancer:
 - No need for food, drink or sleep; curses enemies and raises the dead.
 - Animate dead might attack your lifestock or visitors; you also won't be able to use the corpses in reactions/butchering anymore.

Pyromancer:
 - Throws fireballs, breathes fire, immune to exertion and fevers.
 - Burns everything down, including allies, items, the surface, and potentially himself.

Geomancer:
 - Breathes dust clouds and throws boulders. 50% damage reduction against everything.
 - Might push allied units around with the dust clouds, moves at only 50% speed.

All of these are mutually exclusive, a Warlock can only ever be one of these.

Edit: Splint, you got your wish. Wishes. The necromantic buildings require less boulders; and you get a cheaper base worker unit for hauling/mining.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 08:04:50 pm by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2019, 09:51:44 pm »

Ok. Done for now.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14532

Please have a go at it; everything that's included should be fine. This is the version I'd release, unless you let me know about horrible oversights I missed. ;)

A quickstart quide (best open in new window)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will next play a little fort at the community section, giving everyone time to test this version. With over 20+ workshops, 150+reactions, 40 new creatures, 5 new materials and 10 new plants... lots to test. Still haven't put in any new items I just noticed. :D

« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 09:55:34 pm by Meph »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] ☼Warlock☼ Mod - PLEASE TEST!
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2019, 10:15:45 pm »

Awww yeah. Guess I can slag the dungeon I got going and start up anew with this, although I'm going to continue to advise against the militia commander having such a pointlessly massive squad (among other objections regarding the noble/admin roles,) but that's something I'm just going to have to deal with in an after market capacity.

Also can't say the werewolf and vampire options are very... Useful sounding. Like... On paper they sound cool, but the opportunity cost seems like it's skewing very strongly to "not worth it" in terms of the risk they pose to your warlocks (not the chaff units, nobody cares about them, but the actual spellcasters. And we all know vampires love to eat the useful people.)

Also no mention of thematically appropriate web, corpse/remains, or blood decorations, 0/10 this whole mod (I'm kidding of course :P)

EDIT: Was the download supposed to come with the launcher or no?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2019, 04:10:18 am »

I kicked the launcher out, in case people complain about not being able to toggle anything warlocky with it.

Decorations of webs and blood? Make some yourself, in-game, from enemies :P

I did test the werewolf in combat... If you funnel Invaders into it's lair, it will have a lot of fun with them. "Werewolf scratched X in the head, and the severed parts fly away in an arc." It's a bit more powerful than a regular werebeast.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2019, 06:13:03 am »

Testfort up and running: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174665.msg8026398#msg8026398

So far I'm 1 season in. Good well so far. ^^

Edit: mh. I'm very unhappy. Crash1 when building Alchemist (worked fine the next time); Crash2 when spawning Imp#3 (also worked fine the next time), Crash3 just randomly. Can't dfhack/twbt play nice for once? -_- Maybe I should try without the twbt redraw_all 1.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 06:51:49 am by Meph »

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2019, 10:17:07 am »

I found a bug. Whenever a citizen is put into a squad and then given the attack order the forgotten beasts will attack them.

Tested it a couple of times and the FB instant killed three of the starting warlocks a few minutes into the game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2019, 10:21:49 am »

Cool.

I'll remove the FBs. They are the original FBs generated by the game, so I can't touch their raws to fix that bug.

I did play till winter now, no more crashes when using twbt redraw_all 0. So... goodbye to animations, yeah to a stable game.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2019, 12:21:25 pm »

Decorations of webs and blood? Make some yourself, in-game, from enemies :P

I meant the kind your workers or the elements can't possibly mess up by cleaning, washing over, or walking through them, but fine, whatever.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2019, 04:34:47 pm »

Ok, so far I noticed:
 - Aether Gate has old descriptions (it spawns 10 items of the kind, not 1)
 - beak dogs can't be butchered.
 - mortar/pestle sprites are inversed.
 - Seems hard to get thread/cloth as Warlocks, without sheep or trade.
 - Mandates might be a bit much.
 - Gargoyles aren't that aggressive, at least against wildlife/fleeing kobolds. I hope they work against invaders.
 - Anvils are hard to get by, without trade.

I might add a way to add the ability to trigger a migrant wave or caravan; Just have to decide what it should cost.

I did play 1 year so far. 7 warlocks, 8 imps, 8 ghouls running around. :)

shazin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2019, 05:39:16 pm »

Played for four years, here's what I have to report: I was not able to summon more than one corrupted creature leaving me with only one corrupted elf (male) despite the numerous souls wasted. I made that elf a crypt lord, but noticed that his preference screen was filled with the "he was the former crypt lord of..." message over and over; furthermore, the elf re-assigns himself as the same crypt lord if removed, and retains the title even after being replaced with a ghoul. The ghoul then exhibits the same behavior. I assume that all summoned civ-members act this way.

I would also like to know what qualifies as FRESH_BLOOD_MAT, because bloodsteel production frequently bottlenecks at blood despite having raw meat available. Finally, no sieges or ambushes, so far, and I'm hesitant to send raids to provoke a response due to the many bugs associated with the system (one of which, if I remember correctly, will kill your fort due to inventory corruption).

Notes: population is initial warlocks, 24 skeletons + 1 deceased, 2 ghouls, and 1 now dead corrupted elf. Playing on linux without wine, just in case you can't reproduce anything and are wondering why.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2019, 05:58:00 pm »

Might be worth it to make beak dogs trainable as war animals as well, so they can be assigned as meat shields to specific warlocks or to accompany minions into battle (when they aren't running around overcome by terror that is.) Alternative may be to give warlocks some cheap-to-deploy spell costing some death caps, sulfur tufts, and a soul or two to buff attack animals with higher movement and fearlessness, so they'll actually do the one task you need them for.

EDIT: As a replacement for forgotten beasts and night creatures, could try adding two creatures with many different castes, with different demands for summoning different castes (and making them genderless so they can't breed and thus give freebies.)

EDIT II: Wood and bone fence posts, and plant blocks all share the same keybind (lowercase f.) Minor thing, but figured I'd give a heads up.

EDIT III: Anyone else getting animal souls from prisoners along with thier proper one? I dunno if that's intentional or not but I'm erring on the side of it being a bug.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9