Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for full-length Co-Op experience  (Read 1784 times)

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Looking for full-length Co-Op experience
« on: March 29, 2019, 09:14:20 pm »

Hey guys!

Kinda been in a gaming void lately and nothing has been really quite capturing our interest or keeping us interested. We were hoping you guys had any suggestions regarding a full-length campaign cooperative experience something like Divinity Origin Sin 1&2. We've been playing quite a bit of Outward but it seems like we're close to completing it already!

We're very much into games with campaigns with integrated co-op rather than it being something tacked on.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for full-length Co-Op experience
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 01:22:30 am »

Shadow Warrior 2 is built off of being designed for co-op.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 02:10:42 am »

Borderlands 2.
The Division 1 and 2.
Dark Souls 3 (although it's a bit awkward.)
Monster Hunter World (although coop is very wonkily designed)
Magicka (casual)
Satellite Reign
Death Road to Canada (Casual)
Warhammer 40k Dawn of War 2 (and Chaos Rising and Retribution)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 03:30:41 am »

Co-op I would play: Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Ibb and Obb, Don't Starve, Factorio, Minecraft, Terraria, Heroes of Hammerwatch, and any hotseat strategy game or online RTS. And obviously there's duo-queue in various MOBAs and fighting games...
What was that Steam game with the radio and the puzzles in each room like draining water within 5 minutes by matching some symbols..?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 03:04:27 pm by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 06:26:14 am »

"A Way Out" is an interesting Co-Op game. It is designed from the ground up to be a story driven co-operative experience and it plays a bit like a cheesy american action movie (in a good way). It is not perfect, but it felt pretty unique. Another bonus is only 1 person needs a copy.

HellTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 04:12:44 pm »

unreal 1
doom (brutal doom)
quake1
there are some coop mods for farcry1 and doom3

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 04:25:40 pm »

Definitely not in the scope of the games you mentioned, but the games I've spent most co-op time on (not counting sandbox games like Minecraft, Terraria, Starbound, etc) were
NomNom Galaxy
Stikbold!
Overcooked
Streets of Rogue
Secrets of Grindea
Rocket League (doesn't really fit the 'campaign' requirement, though)

I've also had a blast playing Rimworld with the multiplayer mod. Kinda literally, since a lightning strike caused a fire and killed our characters with fire and infection of the wounds.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 04:33:19 pm »

Remnant: From The Ashes.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2019, 06:37:13 am »

Neverwinter Nights and Neverwinter Nights 2. I mostly played 2 in co-op, and it kinda feels like the second player is tacked on (which leads to some unintentionally funny situations), but the writing is the good kind of bad, so it just adds to the entertainment value. NWN1's main campaign is kind of dull, but there's many player-made campaigns for it.

Armed Assault 2 has a full campaign and all, but it was amazingly buggy, and lead to different entertaining bugs all 3 times my friends and I tried to play through it (only to end up at a game breaking cutscene bug). Expect scripted NPC pilots to randomly crash your osprey into a mountain, or to dump you out too high off the ground and kill you.

I'll second Brutal Doom. It's explosive gory fun as either solo or co-op. Alternatively, there's a bunch of mods for doom that also play rather well and can be co-oped, including some with RPG elements, tho they're all gonna be pretty fast-paced regardless. There's also other games of the era, like Heretic, Hexen 1 and 2, Duke Nukem 3d, Blood, Shadow Warrior, that allow you to play through the campaigns with other people.

Also seconding Magicka. The co-op's kind of a mutual hindrance thing where more players mostly mean greater chances of doing something wrong, but it's fun if you don't mind entertainment by way of your friends accidentally exploding you or sending you flying off a cliff. Was prone to major connection issues last I tried it, tho.

Trine 2 has a co-op campaign for up to 3 players. Tho whoever gets the wizard could basically solo the game.

Stardew Valley's a more "relaxing" sort of thing where you mostly just work to get upgrades and marry waifus/husbandos. There is a world with pre-written events that happen with time and all, so it's sort of a campaign, I guess?