Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: STALKER standalones, mods and -likes: such is life in the zone  (Read 30547 times)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: STALKER standalones and mods: Get in here, STALKER!
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2019, 10:35:27 am »

I'm not sure if you mean Call of Chernobyl, it is the most famous of the stalker sandbox mods but by itself it didn't enhance the graphics that much (outside of making it compatible with directx 11 or something). It does have a number of addons (from "3rd" party modders) that do improve on it though.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2019, 10:54:16 am »

Most of the large mods tend to have some version of the atmosfear baked in. There are some higher resolution skins available for both weapons and NPC, but they are inconsistent in quality. Environmental texture upgrades are usually on a per-mod basis, and generally involve changes to bump maps rather than a redesign of the artwork.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2019, 12:04:43 pm »

For Call of Chernobyl, as a matter of preference i am not fan of the large view distance most of the atmosfear-powered weathers can have, it feels to me it is removing a bit of the mystery and oppressive atmosphere of the zone.

fortunately with modding (using AXRToolset to unpack the configs and edit the weather files in the ...\configs\environment\weathers\ folder thanks to multi-files batch replace from notepad++ ) it's possible to edit things to "imitate" the commercial games view distances when editing the many far_plane and fog_distance settings.

There are addons that do something like that, i don't remember the name but there was one on moddb.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2019, 12:42:05 pm »

For CoC, I used to be very fond of the winter graphics pack. Maybe it was me being fatigued from the "endless summer/autumn" in the vanilla zone, but the winter pack turned the zone into such a beautiful place in my opinion. Extra props to the author for adding a sound effect for stepping on the snow. Sadly, last I checked it was quite outdated (for 1.3.xx iirc) and it also messed up some of the stashes making them inaccessible to the player.

Little edit in case anyone is interested in using the Reshade addon for Anomaly, I'm not sure where the screw up happened but I had to stop using it. Playing without an HP bar or bullet counter is fine but at some point my character seemed to have gotten some status effect causing him to lose HP yet I had no indicator as to the nature of this effect and thus no way to deal with it outside of spamming consumables in hopes of using the correct one randomly.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 04:24:22 am by Ulfarr »

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2019, 07:53:39 am »

For people interested in Anomaly but that dislike the Misery-like stuff , there are some mods that help moving away from Misery :

https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-anomaly/addons/weapon-and-armor-condition-based-on-rank
https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-anomaly/addons/remove-artefact-radiation-30-v10
https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-anomaly/addons/anomaly-1-5-b3-qol

edit : didn't noticed this one :
https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-anomaly/addons/various-tweaks-for-anomaly-30
that seems to be the addon that get the most away from the Misery gameplay, perfect when you don't like that kind of thing.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 08:09:19 pm by Robsoie »

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2019, 04:14:17 pm »

the only mod for Anomaly that i use is bleed rework, version A: all this version does is make basic medkits stop bleed (which it should), make bandages more available and cheaper, and slows bleed by a 3rd. this translates to bleed being a better mechanic. instead of taking a single hit and bleeding out immediately, i now have to keep an eye on my health and bandage when the area is clear, instead of taking a glacing shot and bleeding out within a minute. yes this can happen in real life but in terms of gameplay it balances out the mechanic by making bandages more available and more incentive to use them due to having the time to use them during a lull in combat or after.

otherwise, i like the game shitting on me on every turn and me overcoming it and thriving. thanks to my alliances with my home faction, clear sky and the free stalker brotherhood, i have friends in many parts of the zone. ive been playing for almost a week now and i still haven't made it past the garbage, due to my conservative playstyle and my intention to unite all the good factions. in this case, clear sky, the loners and the ecologists. i plan on staying neutral between duty and freedom, past maybe some side jobs to be friendly with both. i don't know the background mechanics behind factions in a non-warfare mode, but the bandits are flooding throughout the cordon and garbage even as i slaughter entire groups, and according to STALKERnet, monolith is running wild in the north too.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2019, 12:58:23 pm »

Trying to loot that place across the garage depot in the Cordon, I got trapped by pseudodogs in the two story building. So there I was, with only a Makarov to defend myself, two pseudodogs that are out for my blood and the soldiers from the nearby bridge checkpoint alerted of my presence.

After countless failed attempts I managed to lure one of the soldiers, who promptly killed the mutants and then died by a sudden case of getting-shot-from-that-hole-in-the-ceiling which is in no way related to me hiding there. In other unrelated news I now have a scoped AK-103 and a bullat armor.

10/10 will visit the Zone again.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2019, 07:55:20 am »

my adventures have finally brought me north as im now working on the story. my cs-2 armor and sphere 08 helmet have been showing their age as i get deeper into the zone, so ive been debating what im going to make my final armor. probably an exo from either clear sky or our new allies, the ecologists. or i'll roll all the way north to zaton and get nimble to get me a cs1-b.
on the side i accidentally helped duty out just a little bit and freedom got uppity and declared war on clear sky. oops. ah well, might as well bring duty into the fold now.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2019, 06:46:22 pm »

Just watched a really good Stalker fan movie " F.O.T.O.G.R.A.F. " , apparently inspired by a SoC mod of the same name :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA4oowN4kII
lots of elements from the game, so obviously nsfw.

(subtitles available)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 07:03:23 pm by Robsoie »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2019, 11:53:03 pm »

I've been playing lost alpha recently and all this talk of Anomaly got me interested but it turns out I can't play it, so I looked up some other stand alone games, does anyone have an opinion of Old Good STALKER Evolution?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2019, 04:38:39 pm »

I never played OGSE but all i can say is that Call of Chernobyl is very good (and if you use the version 1.4.22 it has tons of addons and modifications to tailor it to your needs) and by default is 32 bits so it should work for you.

(by the way there is a 64bits engine for 1.4.22 made by the main dev of the Anomaly engine that works great, been playing with it for half a year)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 04:40:38 pm by Robsoie »

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2019, 02:08:42 am »

Anomaly's repair system is such a cluster fuck :( :(

I have basic and advance tools, I have all needed replacement parts, I have a rifle repair kit, paid 1k rubles for using the god damned vice for 5 minutes and I still can't do shit. Either I 'm missing some kind of tool (read something about a barrel replacement kit) or Xenotech's vice is bugged because I can access it.

Turns out I've been trying to use the wrong vice.... I didn't see there is a second one on the "next room"

On the good news, you can equip a pistol in the knife slot.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 02:22:17 am by Ulfarr »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2019, 07:50:10 am »

I was looking at Call of Chernobyl and it says there are cars in it, is it true what people say that they can only be spawned in using the Debug menu or can they be found legit?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2019, 07:53:23 am »

On the good news, you can equip a pistol in the knife slot.

So... you can literally bring a gun to a knife fight? :D Sorry.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2019, 08:58:18 am »

That's not a knife.. (pulls desert eagle) That's a knife!

I was looking at Call of Chernobyl and it says there are cars in it, is it true what people say that they can only be spawned in using the Debug menu or can they be found legit?

I'm not sure about the debug menu, but up to version 1.5-r6 there wasn't any car available through regular play.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8