- 0 (0%)
oops
- 0 (0%)
whoopsy-daisy
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 08, 2019, 12:48:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: Wiki Wars: The Omega Games  (Read 31684 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Wars: The Omega Games
« Reply #195 on: December 12, 2020, 04:34:37 pm »

One thing I believe is important to mention about this, both the Team Objective and Grail War gamemodes will have some level of secrecy. Team Objective will separate the post into two spoilered segments(one for each team), while Grail War will have every players segment spoilered individually and it is heavily advised players spoiler their actions as well.

After all, the big thing about a Grail War is figuring out who the enemy Servants are and what they can do/how to defeat them, it would take away most of the fun if it was just blurted out to everyone at the beginning.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 12, 2020, 05:00:17 pm »

Fine by me.

Do the players get articles or is it just a Servant?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 12, 2020, 06:40:43 pm »

You still get your articles, though the Servant will take up one slot, and the rest of your sheet will be revealed, but the only thing that will be revealed to anyone but you about your Servant without that person learning it first is their class, and a description of their appearance to people who see them.

I add that last part because the players won't all be starting grouped up together either, considering what Servants can do, it would be way too easy for the match to be over in just a couple turns. But of course, without the constant monster swarm(and with a Servants extreme speed), you'll be able to cover far more ground in one turn than this last match.

Also, I feel like saying: if the Grail War gets picked and anyone chooses a pre-rolled sheet this turn, I've already decided which sheet I'm giving the first one because it came together too amazingly not to use.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 07:41:44 pm by Failbird105 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2020, 08:07:50 pm »

I'll probably just roll with whatever gets picked now that my dreams of becoming the Master Pokemon are no more. Somebody lemme know when it starts.

Edit: And I guess I'll pre-emptively agree to use a pre-rolled sheet if Grail War happens since you hyped it up so much.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 08:38:35 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 12, 2020, 10:03:30 pm »

If we don't have 4 votes by tomorrow, or if we wind up having a tie, I'll ping everyone who hasn't posted yet.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 12, 2020, 10:22:31 pm »

Grail war sounds pretty aight, my own complete unfamiliarity with the Fate series aside. +1 to that.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 13, 2020, 10:41:24 am »

I'll take a pre-rolled sheet if we're talking about those right now.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 13, 2020, 03:00:41 pm »

Grail war sounds pretty aight, my own complete unfamiliarity with the Fate series aside. +1 to that.
Well, the basic gist is that every player gets one Servant among their normal articles.

A Servant is effectively the spirit of a legendary historical, mythological, or on rare occasions fictional individual, manifested into a physical form(which has been limited from its original power by blocking out everything that doesn't fit with the Servant Class the spirit has been assigned) using the magical energy of their Master to maintain their body.

While Servants are generally encouraged towards obedience of their master because they get a wish if they win the Grail War(by killing the other participating Servants), they don't necessarily have to be obedient if they disagree with the Master.
Thus, the Master gets three Command Spells which allow them to force the Servant to perform one action(the longer lasting or more vague the command the less potent the effect) each, even some things the Servant wouldn't normally be able to do. In fact, spending a Command Spell will actually empower the Servant in performing that action in addition to just forcing them to do it, provided you don't give a stupid command like 'win' or 'obey me'.

Servants have a set of skills(abilities which they can use to potentially best a Servant who is more capable than them otherwise), and one or more Noble Phantasms, which act as trump cards that can singlehandedly win a battle even against a notably stronger Servant if they don't have a good enough counter to it.
But a Noble Phantasm usually takes a lot of magical energy, and almost automatically gives away the Servants identity, which allows others to know that Servants strengths and weaknesses pretty much right away.

Edit: Also, on the topic of the prerolled sheets, there's only one that I would be particularly ruffled by getting rid of, so now that we've already had two people agree to get pre-rolled sheets, nobody should feel obligated to take them.
The only real difference between prerolled sheets and newly rolled ones is that there are wikis you could get in new ones that you can't in the prerolls since they weren't on the list then.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 03:03:40 pm by Failbird105 »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 13, 2020, 05:10:26 pm »

Give me a new one. Wanna see if I get lucky again.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 13, 2020, 10:35:49 pm »

Alright well, some time tomorrow I'll close the poll and get to work rolling things up. After pinging the previous players(the ones who haven't posted here yet at least) that is.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 10:38:43 pm by Failbird105 »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 14, 2020, 06:45:41 pm »

Well, the poll is ended, 5 to 1 in favor of Grail War. I'll start pinging anyone who hasn't said anything here but seems to still be around.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 06:48:52 pm by Failbird105 »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 14, 2020, 07:23:59 pm »

Alright, so, some things have happened, and as such, I've come up with an idea.

In secret keeping matches like this, every player will be allowed to hide one article on their character sheet that isn't their Avatar. You Servants Article will be hidden automatically, but this is to add a little bit more spice to the game, and to make a new mechanic I've decided on a bit less suspicious.

As a note however, the wiki of the hidden article will still be visible. I will contact each of you about this individually as I get the sheets ready.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 16, 2020, 02:38:03 am »

Sorry! Haven't logged on in a few days, didn't even notice. I responded to the DM, but just to be clear, I'm down for some Grail War shenanigans.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2020, 04:23:46 pm »

Alright, that's a full set of 8. Time to get on with rolling up the other sheets.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 19, 2020, 05:15:04 pm »

Okay, all Sheets have been assigned, and while they are in various states of completion, all but one at least has all the articles selected. I will now begin the process of messaging the players their finished sheets(with Servant information included) as I complete them, and asking what article they would like to have hidden.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19