Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Soulforged: MMO where you can have an impact  (Read 15333 times)

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
Re: Soulforged: MMO where you can have an impact
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2019, 02:25:46 pm »

How are hatchets and knives not hunting tools?

Have you ever managed to just run up to a wild rabbit or deer? Think of it more as you chucking that spear at the things you're hunting. Knives and hatchets typically aren't aerodynamic unless built specifically for that.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2019, 02:36:43 pm »

Thanks for the tip. I will work on making a spear

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2019, 02:48:11 pm »

Just trying this out. Finished the tutorial. Not sure what I want to actually do, though. Just messing around collecting a few resources and researching some random recipes so far.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2019, 03:26:21 pm »

Me too. Trying to make a spear. My guess is it involves twigs and a sharp rock, but u sure what else, or tools for spear making. I am mining clay with a pick I found on the ground

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2019, 04:05:52 pm »

Me too. Trying to make a spear. My guess is it involves twigs and a sharp rock, but u sure what else, or tools for spear making. I am mining clay with a pick I found on the ground

Twig, rope, knife. No tool needed. Works for both stone and bone. Are you still in the tutorial? I will note that the main game is rather open; operating on your own is decidedly less than ideal. Shame there's a lack of in-game chat, though the Discord is fairly active.

Note that floor-stuff is largely fair game. Just don't hoard.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2019, 04:54:04 am »

Wow, it takes an incredibly long time to die in this game. I
caught a disease from other players then went roaming and walked into an orc encampment. Fought three of them for like 10 minutes. And by fought I mean the three of them wailed on me for 10 minutes straight before I died. I had like 400 bruises and 250 cuts and 80 pierces before I died.

I was basically helpless after the first 30 seconds as I went down to despair as soon as I took a couple hits and my action speed dropped to 5%. Seems like the other 9.5 minutes was just rubbing my nose in it lol.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 04:57:01 am by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2019, 05:03:36 am »

Yeah, diseases are pretty rough, especially for a new player whose stats haven't had time to improve!
We're hoping this outbreak will end soon enough. We are still yet to find a cure, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2019, 06:01:27 am »

Wow, it takes an incredibly long time to die in this game. I
caught a disease from other players then went roaming and walked into an orc encampment. Fought three of them for like 10 minutes. And by fought I mean the three of them wailed on me for 10 minutes straight before I died. I had like 400 bruises and 250 cuts and 80 pierces before I died.

I was basically helpless after the first 30 seconds as I went down to despair as soon as I took a couple hits and my action speed dropped to 5%. Seems like the other 9.5 minutes was just rubbing my nose in it lol.

I think it's designed to give you time for someone to rescue you or escape. Bruises are mostly non lethal but disabling. But over 200 cuts and you're probably dead without a medic.

Walking into orc encampments is remarkably rare though, lol. But increasingly common with the new tracking system. I've played the game for months and probably got killed on the same spot.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

TeaAndRum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2019, 10:20:39 pm »

I think the concept of limited resources in a MMO is pretty interesting. I also like the slow pace, no need to rush or anything (and that makes me not to stare at the screen all the time!). Figuring how to craft stuff to survive is kinda confusing, but their Discord is active. Also, in-game chat would be nice, and also more options to customize a character. Overall, I really like this game, and I'm excited to see how it's evolving!

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2020, 10:52:26 am »

Small update on this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

spoiler tag because they are spoilers, but if you were on discord, you'd know all this anyway
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2020, 09:16:00 pm »

Also we had a nice after war party, with lots of beer and bruises. The orc god showed up, broke some bones with the weakest weapon in the game. Then he used an actual weapon, sliced someone to 500 cuts in two hits (in context, 25 cuts will bleed you to death without treatment), and then used his last miracle to patch him up again. What a good sport.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2020, 07:43:40 am »

Nice that we all have experience in dealing with epidemics thanks to this game! ;)   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MasterCyria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2020, 05:52:06 pm »

Almost done with the tutorial on this one. Had a chance to stop into the Discord, and the main dev seems super helpful and nice! Can't wait to see what it's like after tutorial. Unfortunately I was trying to kill rabbits with a rock and not a spear, which is 4 hours compared to 27 minutes. Whoops.

Chobeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2020, 03:21:33 am »

Hello,

I would like to pick up this game but I don't know if it's worth investing time in the long run. I've played the tutorial up to some point and I like the vibe, but I don't know if it's mature enough to invest time into. I don't have excessive amounts of time and attention, and a past of MMO addiction, so I need to approach these games carefully and it would be a bummer to discover that after 20-30 hours there's no content. What's your take on this?

Rumble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2020, 11:02:13 am »

six months in and I've still got a long list of things I'd like to accomplish.

there are areas of the world not yet explored, resources not yet discovered, and frankly, we're a bit stalled on the overarching quest to discover items of power..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7