Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ancient Domains of Dwarf Fortress [47.04]  (Read 3016 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Ancient Domains of Dwarf Fortress [47.04]
« on: March 19, 2020, 02:45:02 pm »

So this is my first baby step on a major mod I'm working on. I'm planning on adding a bunch of stuff from ADOM into Dwarf Fortress. I've added all the playable races (plus ogres cause I wanted to test out the caste system). I just have a few questions. My first one is "Is there still an age limit on marriages?" I remember in previous versions there was an age limit of 10 years maximum between the ages of two partners before they can get married. Is that still true? And also there are Ogre Magi in ADOM, they can cast spells. How can I add magic into this mod? I've figured out a way to turn them invisible but I don't know how to make them able to conjure cones of cold for example. And how do I add other spells that aren't restricted to a certain caste? Also how do I give the Hurthlings hairy feet. I'm not sure if the way I'm doing it makes sense.

EDIT: I've added all that stuff! Thanks to all the people who've given me help! I've made a major update! I decided that the Mist elves and Gnomes didn't offer a major change in play style, so I added a new race! I based this race off of the NPCs in the village of Terinyo in ADOM, if they're too OP please let me know in the comments!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6iwk153ncstd78/Ancient%20Domains%20of%20Dwarf%20Fortress.rar?dl=0

The races that are in the mod currently (I'm planning to add more. I believe I've added all the playable races. And all the major Humanoid races in ADOM. Im just planning to add npcs like the Cat Lord in as Megabeasts/Semi-Megabeasts. After that I'll add an entity for the forces of chaos and that will probably be it!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 07:37:51 pm by UselessMcMiner »
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Re: Ancient Domains of Dwarf Fortress [47.04]
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 08:25:37 pm »

Can someone check if the Gnomes work alright in Fortress mode? The Mist Elves seem to work as intended in Fort mode.
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 11:54:20 am »

Is there a way to trigger a siege so I can test them with my new races?

Obsidian 1053

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 02:39:54 pm »

Alright I've got a new version up and running. If theres any bugs or issues please let me know! Also if anyone else has played ADOM please give me some ideas of what races to add next. I'm thinking of adding some of the undead species. Next on the bucket list will be megabeasts. Then I'll add an entity for the forces of cHaOs.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 02:53:55 pm by UselessMcMiner »

Obsidian 1053

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 04:26:54 pm »

Hey I'm coming back to add some more stuff from this mod, Im gonna start by adding some miscellaneous NPCs to the game that I'm planning to add as Outsiders to play in adventure mode (Such as the Oracle, or the Ice queen). After that I'll probably get into the meat and potatos of the various other monsters in the wilderness

Obsidian 1053

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 08:18:45 pm »

Made a new update! I made a major balance patch to the game and I nerfed the Terinyoans, and decided to scrap the outsiders idea (I might come back to it later on though) If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment!

The only major kinks I'm gonna try to work out are the fact some syndrome bearing attacks (such as the Drakelings acid spit) dont work, I will probably fix it by next weekend.

Obsidian 1053

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 09:04:04 am »

yeah, good work! i am  fan of ADOM and this mod what i've imagined!

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2020, 07:38:31 pm »

Just realized I havent updated this mod in a while, and the link was broken. So I added a new race. Please tell me if you find any bugs!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 07:40:55 pm by UselessMcMiner »

Obsidian 1053