Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [44.12] ☼Meph's Cultural Exchange☼ - V1.2 - Goblin, Kobold, Human, Elf, migrants  (Read 4629 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

<<< Download - Meph's Friendly Cultural Exchange  >>>
- Win/Mac/Linux - V.1.2 - For DF.44.12 -

This mod is allows your fort to get caravans, migrants and pets from the other races: Humans, Elves, Goblins and Kobolds.

It adds five workshops, the Liaison's offices, that accept stacks of gold coins in exchange for their services. You can spawn a caravan, if the civ has access to your site; you can hire a single male or female migrant of a race; or you can buy a single male or female pet: Grizzly bears; Unicorns; Beak dogs; Giant Cave Spiders.

The fifth workshop is the Animal-men Liaison, who gives access to almost 200(!) races of animal people that can populate your fort.

PS: Requires a new worldgen; requries Dfhack; requires TWBT for the graphics. I can make an ASCII version on request.

Changelog:
 - V.1.0 - Initial release.
 - V.1.1 - Made kobolds more intelligent, so that they are civ members instead of "friendly" units, and allowed beak dogs to carry trade goods for goblin caravans.
 - V.1.2 - Added animal-men office and changed the workshop sprites slightly.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 08:07:29 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

This is going to be extremely handy for my project - now people who want a character can have any dumb thing they want as far as races go.  :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I also have a version with animal men ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Hm, how does this work internally? I could try adding compatibility with my mods, provided the DFhack code for it is simple enough to just copy and replace stuff where needed.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It's really simple. It uses reaction-trigger to run modtools/create-unit with -SetUnitToFort to make it a civ member. Works on any intellligent being, I made an update now with all animal men too, all 200-ish of them. It shouldn't affect any mods at all; it's all stand-alone files. The only thing that could break are kobolds, because you have to replace their UTTERANCES with INTELLIGENT, otherwise they show up as "friendly" units instead.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Ah, well I'll try fiddling with it sometime soon, perhaps late this week - considering how useful this seems I could try to add in custom workshops and code in to allow hiring/summoning of the modded races across my packs. Will admittedly probably take a long time given how many I've accumulated by now, but eh.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Ah, well I'll try fiddling with it sometime soon, perhaps late this week - considering how useful this seems I could try to add in custom workshops and code in to allow hiring/summoning of the modded races across my packs. Will admittedly probably take a long time given how many I've accumulated by now, but eh.

Hell man, I've already got the lines needed for that for spawning Hallowed Warriors. I could probably whip a thing up for you and save you the hassle, would just need a list of the creature names in the raws.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bit of a oversight maybe, but could we have a dwarf cultural workshop artset? Because I jump a lot between my own sets of modifications handling different races and this would be really great to slip into that. Hiring *as non-dwarf races for those essential moods & craftmanship to banish them to their underground living spaces before they fall into their inevitable mood spiral.

Im not sure what would be appropriate 'iconic' creature but some additional employment for Gremlins or Gorlaks might be useful.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 07:50:44 am by FantasticDorf »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Made an update that adds 200(!) animal men races and changes the workshop sprites slightly.

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some animal people glitch. Dwarves don't bury plump helmet people or slug people and the game crashes when you try spawning sponge people or blood people.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ