Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Underworld: $hadow Economics - a squad-based gangster simulation  (Read 9286 times)

wolf.b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Underworld: $hadow Economics - a squad-based gangster simulation
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2019, 09:55:32 am »

Thank you for the kind words. Absolutely, it was already my intention to provide a link when we move over.

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
  • I bring hell (aka eternal PUNishment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2019, 11:03:07 am »

:D
everything is fine
 everything is on fire
I see no difference between these two phrases.
only at modded hell does this make sense

wolf.b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Underworld: $hadow Economics - Development Blog
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2019, 05:51:16 am »

I'm excited to announce we will be releasing v0.00.01 next week. We've completed customer base mechanics, with addictions and client lists and we've wrapped up AI development and made it a competitive entity. We're going to spend the next few days cleaning up the code and bug-fixing followed by a few days of beta-testing.

On the design side of life, v0.00.02's design has been locked down and is ready for development. Meanwhile v0.00.03 is in full design swing. We're going to see the introduction of a new leadership position 'Treasurer' as well as 'Accountants' and 'Smurfs' as regular roles. We'll be introducing money laundering as a test feature with a small banking system (ahead of introducing front businesses later on) and we'll be developing basic stash-house mechanics. We'll be incorporating our ASCII borough and neighbourhood maps on a test level with an expanded number of neighbourhoods to play in. On top of this we'll be introducing a robbery system with basic planning mechanics and independent drug dealers that will act as a double-edged sword, allowing you to expand your retail presence rapidly in your territories yet run the risk of losing clients when you finally muscle into the retail business yourself. All in all, a very exciting build.

Before we begin development of v0.00.02 we'll be taking a week or two to work on setting up releases for Mac and Linux platforms and explore mouse support possibilities.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 05:55:04 am by wolf.b »

wolf.b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2019, 08:26:12 am »

A belated and brief Sunday update: things are going well, we've just implemented the income screen and now we're working on ledger entries concerning corners being occupied, then we'll add some of the other neighborhoods which will go quickly. After this we'll do another design review and if everything is in place we'll be doing beta-testing.

wolf.b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2019, 05:18:28 am »

Another brief update this week, v0.00.01 is feature complete however we're dealing with a half dozen game breaking bugs before we release. In other news we're bringing on a 2nd programmer this week to help spread the workload. I've talked a lot already about both this version and plans for v0.00.02, so I won't reiterate those or talk about future versions, just so I've got more to talk about later. Thank you for your patience and we ask for just a little more so that we can make v0.00.01 as fun as possible :)

wolf.b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2019, 12:35:16 pm »

Thought I would upload a short preview video of v0.00.01. It's about 3 minutes long, and the music is just something I was playing at the time of recording. The game will have no sfx or music at this stage.

Download Link:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/619507670344531989/637003144815050753/bandicam-2019-10-24-19-28-36-190-qo5nqvxdmp4_tGG7.mp4

And yes, a few bugs are indeed visible in the preview, to answer those keen eyes among you.

wolf.b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2019, 03:55:18 pm »

As of the end of this week we've completed over half the bug-fix list. We expect to have all of the remaining bugs complete by the end of next week. After which we'll be implementing save game functionality. As we're making the game from scratch, figuring out the code for this final feature is an unknown timeline for us. If it ends up being something we will need a long time to implement, we may opt to release v0.00.01 without the feature. Until the week after next, we won't be able to say for certain.

wolf.b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2019, 01:14:43 pm »

v0.00.01 has been released and this thread is now closed. You can follow all future updates via our new thread in 'Other Games':

Thread Link
Pages: 1 [2]