Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Techno-Nomic World (A Pure Nomic subsidiary)  (Read 17330 times)

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Techno-Nomic World (A Pure Nomic subsidiary)
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2019, 10:52:11 am »

A breeze appears that blows some small rocks around and they form creatures of stone. They mindlessly wander around. The Overclockmaker's face is expressionless but somehow one can tell that it is pleased with this development. "Congratulations, skeletal one," seemingly unaware that two lichs are present "you have helped develop life for my world. However, our work is not finished yet."
Discord: Liberonscien#0930

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2019, 10:54:40 pm »

Fact: There are three moons
There are three moons in orbit around the planet, each one further away.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2019, 11:12:45 pm »

That would have a severe impact on any tides if they were the right size and the right distance.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2019, 11:18:11 pm »

That would have a severe impact on any tides if they were the right size and the right distance.
What if they were all smaller and about as far away as Earth's moon?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2019, 11:32:03 pm »

That could work.
I didn't say that to argue against it, by the way. I was just letting you know of a possibility.

Actually, now that I think about it, I wouldn't be opposed to having more exotic moon arrangements like binary moons (moons that orbit each other along with their planet) for example would be fine.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2019, 04:15:15 am »

That could work.
I didn't say that to argue against it, by the way. I was just letting you know of a possibility.

Actually, now that I think about it, I wouldn't be opposed to having more exotic moon arrangements like binary moons (moons that orbit each other along with their planet) for example would be fine.
+1 maybe three moons, each bigger than the other, the biggest moon would benorbited by the medium moon which would be orbited by the small moon, of course far enough away so they don’t crash into each other

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2019, 10:38:11 am »

That could work.

+1 maybe three moons, each bigger than the other, the biggest moon would benorbited by the medium moon which would be orbited by the small moon, of course far enough away so they don’t crash into each other
That sounds unlikely to occur naturally. It makes me think of divine machinery perhaps. In any case I get the suspicion that we are headed towards earth/stone magic.

I'll accept this once it has been drafted properly.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2019, 10:38:48 am »

"People" is just a catch all for any sentient life(biological, mechanical, or otherwise). Buildings are just structures for the people. What ever shape they take.
Sentient or sapient? Animals and a few plants are sentient. Self-aware things, like humans, are sapient.
Eh, that feels like pop science or buzz words more than a real thing. Lots of stuff can pass the mirror-spot-test I wouldn't count a sapient.

Eh, sapient, like humans, dolphins, whales, bigfoot, extra terrestrials, ect. A natural desire to pursue general interests beyond the basic needs of survival. Such a species in cooperation makes up a Civilization which may be comprised of individual communities, as do other sentients not of their species in the cooperation, such as the whale that was adopted by a dolphin is part of that local dolphin community, and the greater dolphin civilization.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 10:58:41 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2019, 10:43:48 am »

"People" is just a catch all for any sentient life(biological, mechanical, or otherwise). Buildings are just structures for the people. What ever shape they take.
Sentient or sapient? Animals and a few plants are sentient. Self-aware things, like humans, are sapient.
Eh, that feels like pop science or buzz words more than a real thing.

Eh, sapient, like humans, dolphins, chimpanzees, ect.
Alright.

I'd rather set up the planet in more detail before we get into the sapient life. I'm not saying we have to determine the exact composition of the planet and the resource distribution but I'd like to know what the sapient organisms would live on, eat, use, and see when they looked up at the sky.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2019, 10:46:16 am »

Eh, that feels like pop science or buzz words more than a real thing.

Eh, sapient, like humans, dolphins, chimpanzees, corvids ect.
I looked up the definition and it means wise. There was a time where I wondered what culture was defined as and a lot of the definitions specify humans, effectively meaning other animals don't have culture by definition, which I feel like should be changed. I found a paper one that described a possible definition that may include other animals. I can link it here

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2019, 10:59:19 am »

bump for edits to my original post.
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2019, 11:15:56 am »

If I may, Clockwork I feel your attention to detail in this case has become counter-intuitive to your goals.

You wish to design a machine civilization. I think you saw my marble transport as a good logical fit at first, but then later you over thought it. Now we are creating rock mosters and gases, ect. ect. ect.

It is a simple premise, it should probably have machine people as their natural inhabitants, who live in metal buildings.
Awesome With Autism

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2019, 12:08:20 pm »

I think you have a point.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2019, 02:10:47 pm »

I have decided to advance the creation of the world and have it incorporate my favorite "science punks" in the form of global districts, so to speak.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2019, 02:56:51 pm »

Fact: Sedentary Predators
There are sedentary radially symmetrical tentacled creatures that feed on the moving rocks by waiting for them to hit the tentacles. When one is caught, they drag them towards the mouth.
(think sea anemones made of rock)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14