Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reclaiming non-dwarven sites  (Read 2703 times)

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reclaiming non-dwarven sites
« on: September 10, 2019, 01:21:23 pm »

I vanilla game reclaiming work only for dwarf sites. With DFhack I can embark on territory of another sites or ruins. But when I choose position, I cannot choose directly place with buildings. I play in elf forest with their trees and trade place, but it is very rare. I never embark near mead hall. How do it?

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaiming non-dwarven sites
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 01:22:18 pm »

Why do you sound like a kobold?
pug

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 01:23:49 pm »

Why do you sound like a kobold?
Beause you hear like a kobold.

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 01:35:30 pm »

pug

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 11:39:14 pm »

i dont understand the question being asked.  Are you asking how to embark using dfhack?  or how to guarantee a mead hall is prebuilt on your map when you embark?  Or the best way to thrive with a mead hall prebuilt?

idgi

I did a public game wherein I embarked on a goblin tomb in a 1000 year old game with extinct dwarves.  Necromancers came to visit, and mummy curses were had.  Flooding of the hospital happened, and forgotten beast dust murdered half my fort.  And my framerate.  that died pretty hard too.  The goblins themselves also came by, at the end.  As did the humies.  Knights came to seek revenge on us when we murdered their vampire liaison.

For a game set in a version when randomly generated sieges didnt happen, I was pretty satisfied with the action.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 11:42:18 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 02:16:46 am »

i dont understand the question being asked.  Are you asking how to embark using dfhack?  or how to guarantee a mead hall is prebuilt on your map when you embark?  Or the best way to thrive with a mead hall prebuilt?

idgi

I did a public game wherein I embarked on a goblin tomb in a 1000 year old game with extinct dwarves.  Necromancers came to visit, and mummy curses were had.  Flooding of the hospital happened, and forgotten beast dust murdered half my fort.  And my framerate.  that died pretty hard too.  The goblins themselves also came by, at the end.  As did the humies.  Knights came to seek revenge on us when we murdered their vampire liaison.

For a game set in a version when randomly generated sieges didnt happen, I was pretty satisfied with the action.
I just want see buildings in sites when I embark on site.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 01:45:36 pm »

I believe he's using embark anywhere to embark on a previously built site, but when he gets there, the site has no buildings.

His question is what gives?

I don't use embark anywhere so I'm not sure :\

It could be a question for the modding/DFhack boards.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 04:06:00 am »

I vanilla game reclaiming work only for dwarf sites. With DFhack I can embark on territory of another sites or ruins. But when I choose position, I cannot choose directly place with buildings. I play in elf forest with their trees and trade place, but it is very rare. I never embark near mead hall. How do it?

All types beside [CAVE_DETAILED] settlement (cave detailed are only 3x3) stretch all the way across a world tile, so its there (somewhere) but it will just have to guess from trial and error because buildings are generated in no fixed position (no particular game rule, but the elevation may be flatter which can be a clue)

Currently you just can't see buildings to direct yourself towards, my advice would be to make a embark profile to load up and quickly hit into console 'die' to close the client before it can save (if saving upon embarking is turned off) and trying again with a fortress clearly 1/4 the size of the accessible map until you find it.

Questions to a extension of a dfhack embark anywhere to probe whether there are any buildings i think would have to be in the sub-forum.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2019, 08:46:50 am »

Some sites didn't properly exist last time I played.  Or were extremely minimized.  Is this still the case?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2019, 08:52:58 am »

Some sites didn't properly exist last time I played.  Or were extremely minimized.  Is this still the case?

Forest retreats and pits are still relatively boring, but all sites, including kobold caves, have some kind of support. I strangely haven't actually heard of anybody exploring a kobold cave or seen any screenshots of one though, but that might just be due to issues of them being hard to find/me browsing the wrong subforums.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2019, 09:59:31 am »

they used to be a couple of piles of bodies and low value loot.  As were things like necromancer camps
PKs DF Mod!

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2019, 02:03:16 pm »

Forest retreats and pits are still relatively boring, but all sites, including kobold caves, have some kind of support. I strangely haven't actually heard of anybody exploring a kobold cave or seen any screenshots of one though, but that might just be due to issues of them being hard to find/me browsing the wrong subforums.

You can just unset to reveal caves in advanced worldgen or the default world generation to locate inhabited ones quickly (and importantly raid them in fort mode), mostly its living accomodations, some traps, lots of GCS pets around and a big egg laying pit from a tour in adventure mode.

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2019, 02:50:48 pm »

You can just unset to reveal caves in advanced worldgen or the default world generation to locate inhabited ones quickly (and importantly raid them in fort mode), mostly its living accomodations, some traps, lots of GCS pets around and a big egg laying pit from a tour in adventure mode.
This is correct.

Source: Created race that uses kobold caves.
pug

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2019, 02:57:40 pm »

This is correct.

Source: Created race that uses kobold caves.
I want live in ruined mead hall or embark on underworld spire.