Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modded interaction crashes pre-worldgen  (Read 1834 times)

DaStormDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modded interaction crashes pre-worldgen
« on: September 10, 2019, 02:54:22 pm »

I added a bunch of interactions for a new-civ mod I'm making, but something in the file makes the game crash before I get to the worldgen menu. Any ideas on the cause? (the new civ's name is eldur, btw)

interaction_eldur file:
https://pastebin.com/PkmKmVQG

EDIT: No errorlog - game crashes without outputting anything
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 02:29:59 am by DaStormDragon »

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modded interaction crashes pre-worldgen
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 04:35:59 pm »

Errorlog?

DaStormDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 02:29:20 am »

None - the game crashes without outputting anything

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 03:05:50 pm »

Just from a quick glance; your fire man transformation needs a caste token: [CE:CREATURE:FIRE_MAN:DEFAULT].

Your launch gunpowder interaction: I think trailing item flows require an item type or something? I never use it because it doesnt actually do anything but leave puddles of infinite items on the ground.

Your eldur resurrection and healing transformations also need caste tokens

Your "Summon giant cave spider" interaction has weird strings for [CDI:VERB:] and [CDI:TARGET_VERB:] if you actually use it in game it will print to the announcements/combat log "You/the eldur swordsman Eldur McEldurson ELDUR_SPIDER_ATK!" and "the scrawny coyote ELDUR_SPIDER_DEF!" I dont think anything will come of it, but it will look really weird from the combat logs. The soulpyre Devour Soul has similar strings in it.

The only way to figure out which interactions are causing the crashing is to move the file out of the raws folder, confirm that the crashing has stopped, and add the interactions (groups of, in the case of the ones dependent on additional interactions like resurrections and stuff) back in one at a time and generate worlds, until the problem reappears. Whichever one was added last probably is one of those that is causing it. You can add the interactions you know are safe to an in-game file, confirm everythings working okay, put the bad ones in another file and look over it; see if you can find any typos or mistakes that could cause it, or upload it again and let us look at it again.

I'm at work right now so I cant actually test anything myself.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 03:10:20 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DaStormDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 03:25:58 pm »

The ELDUR_X_DEF and ELDUR_X_ATK are dfhack links.
Thanks for pointing out the caste tokens.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 11:13:30 am by DaStormDragon »