Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: new faction  (Read 1634 times)

Sr.Hikari

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
new faction
« on: September 10, 2019, 03:16:42 pm »

I start a huge new world and settled in a continent without factions or towns.
Any know if i can make a new faction with my fortress, with a mod? For all i know, found a new faction after stablished a fortress is imposible.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: new faction
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 04:17:13 am »

I start a huge new world and settled in a continent without factions or towns.
Any know if i can make a new faction with my fortress, with a mod? For all i know, found a new faction after stablished a fortress is imposible.

Unfortunately not, but you can antagonise your own civilization into attacking you by repeatedly doing terrible things to the caravan (sieze, fight the guards) and have someone escape to bear witness if you don't mind them not coming anymore (and sending a small army to attack you periodically) but you can't attack your own sites or really fix your diplomatic situation.

Elsewise you can fight other civilisations of your kind of entity, its kind of over-stating the ability of [RAW] modding (which is naturally limited), when in actuality you might need to use DFhack to get the desired result.

Sr.Hikari

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 04:16:07 pm »

damn :( I really like to make a new faction, but if it can't be done, i don't have no choise.

Atack my own faction is a good idea, but no for this world. Thanks for the advise!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 07:07:22 pm »

The closest would probably be to start a game with a dead dwarven civilization. Then you're "starting your own".