Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 44

Author Topic: Kaiju-com 2  (Read 56093 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, March Purchases
« Reply #165 on: October 27, 2019, 12:02:12 am »

With the Death Ray upgraded from Basic to Standard, Lord Silver will now, instead of attempting to increase it's firepower, attempt to cause the Death Ray's beam to act as a carrier for corrosive and debilitating energy pulses that will, besides and beyond outright damaging the target, also cause it to become weaker and take more damage from other attacks, either from allies or any follow up strikes by the Death Ray after the original hit.
Give Lord Silver (Happery) 134

We at the Coke Knights commission have access to Neural Agent 40mm Grenades and Superior Body Armor for Infantry and Technicals for sale, message us if you desire any of these resources. We are also looking for ways to improve our MRLS, so armor or weapon based on those we can make a trade for. There I’m done, money transfers are instantaneous as well, have fun with a Mad Science Machine.
Yay Money!

If possible, I'd like to do my originally written research project for this turn while building a second Laboratory of Evil Physics. If I can only do one of those, I build the Laboratory of Evil Physics.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2019, 12:38:08 am »

Construction's during action phases only for mad scientists.  You can do that when the kaiju battles are going on next turn.  But yes, you can do your research project.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 27, 2019, 03:52:17 am »

Hey, drugs guy. I have a science question.

Is it possible that psychedelics could improve the combat efficacy of catgirls?

Right now my endgame strategy seems to be aquatic giant robots crewed by catgirls on shrooms.
(I think your talking to me.)

Maybe I haven't really experimented with combat drugs, but I can look into it.

Also you probably don't want what I've been working on as it killed everyone that took it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 27, 2019, 07:59:11 am »

Gaaaah.  I keep meaning to post a summary of a bunch of questions I asked Dev, and resulting suggestions (for instance, I can basically offer everyone discounts on standard military materiel, with no known drawback), but that has resulted in me procrastinating forever.  Joy.

@Ironyowl

I get a discount of 25% on any units from the basic armory.  This means modern tanks cost only 188 for me.  I have to also buy a medium hangar for it, which costs 25, for a total cost of 213.  If you pay me 200 ((really 137, because I owe you 63 and am paying it back this turn regardless)), I'll buy your tank and then send it over to you before the action phase.  Dev has said this is workable, and will allow you to use your tank just the same, but paying 50 credits less.  And yeah, this leaves me 13 credits down, but I'll just consider it interest on that loan.

Also, I want to get a hold of those prion launchers for one turn, so that I can see its stats with my proving grounds building.  If Piecewise sends them to me during the purchase phase, I can get their stats then send them to you during the action phase, allowing you to still engage the Kaiju with them.  I think.  If I can't, then nevermind.

@Piecewise

I want to pay you 20 credits (See below) to come to my base and modify my transport carrier to be better.  Possibly through adding flesh to it.  Since Irony's already paying for your upkeep, this is pure profit, and also lets you work on a full-size plane because I have a large lab.  Is that acceptable?

Edit: Seems like I can't actually afford that, after all reasonable and promised expenses are totaled.  I can afford to pay you 17.  Sorry.  :\

@Shadowclaw

I'd like to buy all that off of you, but I don't know my funding situation right now.  Also, 70 credits is a bit steep, especially when those items probably aren't even all that useful against Kaiju, though the armor at least is worth it to temporarily armor ER and Irony's mad-science boosted units.  How would you feel about a temporary trade?  I pay, say, 40 to get all of that this round, and you get them back next turn if they survive.

@Stirk

I'd highly recommend against developing a large-size tank, because currently nobody is able to build a plane that can transport a large-size anything.  Your tank would be stuck on your base, doing nothing.  I am intending to develop better transports, but I probably won't have anything built by the time you need them.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 27, 2019, 04:43:23 pm »

Those are offers from the Black Market, I don’t have them currently in my collection and I think I would have to trade them in the Kaiju Phase and they couldn’t be utilized for this month’s attack unless I actually used them, they might not actually be worth It. I need to save 540 for the next turn for a High-Physics Lab and Double Research. Basically I don’t see the economical values in buying those things, and I doubt I’m going t buy anything from the black market sale for next turn >.>

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 27, 2019, 04:54:16 pm »

I'd highly recommend against developing a large-size tank, because currently nobody is able to build a plane that can transport a large-size anything.  Your tank would be stuck on your base, doing nothing.  I am intending to develop better transports, but I probably won't have anything built by the time you need them.

I plan on making one later, and would still need a sufficiently sized worskhop to create them anyway.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 27, 2019, 05:14:15 pm »

Consumables like the body armour can be used the same turn they're traded.  They arrive instantly.

Deployables, like that tank, take a turn to arrive.  If you want to buy something with your discount, syv, it has to arrive at your base.  Then you'd send it to Happytime Atrocities next turn.

So..

March Purchases: Buy it.
March Actions: Arrives, send it along

April Purchases: Arrives at HA.

Basically, if you want to use your discount to act as a middleman you have to have an extra hanger to stow it, and the recipient has to be ok with the one-turn delay.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 05:22:31 pm by Devastator »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 27, 2019, 06:44:27 pm »

Dev, do the prion launchers count as consumables or deliverables? Can pw deliver them to syv for the first part of the turn, let syv see their stats, and then shunt them to me in time to be used for the second part of this turn?

Okay, change of plans.

I get a discount of 25% on any units from the basic armory.  This means modern tanks cost only 188 for me.  I have to also buy a medium hangar for it, which costs 25, for a total cost of 213.  If you pay me 200 ((really 137, because I owe you 63 and am paying it back this turn regardless)), I'll buy your tank and then send it over to you before the action phase.  Dev has said this is workable, and will allow you to use your tank just the same, but paying 50 credits less.  And yeah, this leaves me 13 credits down, but I'll just consider it interest on that loan.

Also, I want to get a hold of those prion launchers for one turn, so that I can see its stats with my proving grounds building.  If Piecewise sends them to me during the purchase phase, I can get their stats then send them to you during the action phase, allowing you to still engage the Kaiju with them.  I think.  If I can't, then nevermind.
I'll take it, delay and all. This turn I'll be fielding two advanced infantry units as a test. I'm down for prion hot potato shenanigans if Dev is.

Quote from: Offers from the Coke Kings
An unspecific quantity of nerve gas, which has been packaged into 40mm grenades, either for a grenade-armed technical or some infantry.  -20

Some very new experimental multi-layered body suits of body armour.  This should improve the survivability of any infantry unit or unarmored vehicle, such as all technicals, an artillery piece, or just plain infantry.  There is enough to equip three units, and these will be persistant until the unit dies.  -50.

That’s my offers, anyways I see now that mad scientists get twice the effectiveness out of lead scientists compared to Organizations, maybe we should help fund them to get Igors and Mad Science Machines?, it’s just a shower thought.
Is the armor 50 for 3 uses or 50 apiece maximum 3 purchased?

Either way, I'll take both the gas grenades and body armor.

EDIT: My take on orgs vs mad science is that orgs should probably do their own research for boring, simple, practical things like medkits or transport jeeps, and contract out mad scientists for important and powerful things like jaegers and death rays.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 27, 2019, 06:55:28 pm »

uWu I believe their is only 1 Body Armor on the Black Market, I have to buy in bulk of 3x uses. Since their both consumables I believe they can be transferred instantly and have transferred them to you IronyOwl through an edit of my main action, hopefully with some sort of financial imbursement ;). As well I believe since PW has to leave his base to deliver the prions, he has to pay upkeep as well. I need to save enough money for a High Physic lab after all.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 27, 2019, 07:07:46 pm »

Thanks. Action edited.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 27, 2019, 07:22:36 pm »

Hey Irony, could you let me know how many units of grenades you end up getting? If you have extra, I'd trade some DU rounds or advanced ERA armor ("really good stuff", equippable to tanks, MRLS, fighter jet, or any armored vehicle) for it next turn.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 27, 2019, 08:27:15 pm »

Dev, do the prion launchers count as consumables or deliverables? Can pw deliver them to syv for the first part of the turn, let syv see their stats, and then shunt them to me in time to be used for the second part of this turn?
The Prion launchers are consumables, although you'll only get one of them.  They'll be useable by a single infantry platoon.  It won't be transported immediately, because mad science isn't safe.

Items produced by mad scientists are dangerous and hazardous.  They're safe when being delivered by a mad scientist, but if you're going to be moving them around from place to place, well, there will be more opportunity for things to go wrong.

Preventing stuff like that is what the security buildings are for, btw.

If you do get it to your base safely, there is no risk in deploying it in combat.  I would also expect that something that you've held safely for a while to never cause problems unless conditions change.  There is some uncertainty, but if you aren't capable of containing something, it will cause problems almost immediately.

Also, mad scientists don't need transportation to deploy stuff into combat.  It just somehow gets there.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 08:40:37 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 28, 2019, 04:22:08 am »

Expenses:

-51 (plus 137 from Irony): Purchase modern tank.
-25: Construct medium hangar for said tank
-150: Construct Large workshop
-75: Purchase 2x artillery

-20 Begin reverse engineering my jet plane.
-2 Bid on the scientist
-20 (If Piecewise hasn't agreed to do research, and I win scientist bidding): Research higher-yield explosives for use with artillery/aircraft/tanks/anything we can jam it into.  EDIT: I want these explosives to be relatively mass-producable consumables, multiple units (two or preferably three) being made at a time.  I'd expect this to double/triple the price, and possibly reduce the effectiveness somewhat.  If large sacrifices would have to be made to mass produce the explosives, however, single high-quality units are acceptable.

((That's meant for other people to read, BTW.  It's not a secrecy spoiler.))

Additionally, I talked about the cheesy discounts-for-everyone strat, and Dev dislikes all the bookkeeping (I do too, actually).  We agreed to change it next month; I'll stop getting discounts, and will get better chance to recover destroyed units instead.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kaiju-Com 2, March Actions.
« Reply #178 on: November 07, 2019, 01:02:38 am »

For sanity's sake the black market stuff has been delivered ahead of time.  It's all the same either way this turn, after all.

Intel stuff and the kaiju things to follow tomorrow, hopefully.  Feel free to make orders.  There will be two Kaiju, one in Australia, and one in the southern part of the South China Sea.

Thanks for sticking with me!

Spoiler: Stirk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Irony Owl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadowclaw777 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Naturgirl1999 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Happerry (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Piecewise (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 01:13:38 am by Devastator »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, March Actions.
« Reply #179 on: November 07, 2019, 01:18:32 am »

As promised, Ares deploys all units to engage the threat in Australia using standard Kaiju procedure. It is likely that we will need assistance, as we are still using conventional equipment and playing the long game for development.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 44