Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44

Author Topic: Kaiju-com 2  (Read 56067 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, April Purchases.
« Reply #225 on: November 25, 2019, 06:23:11 am »

@Ironyowl
USSCCI assets are jet fighter schematics, and the ability to produce them starting next turn.  Additionally, precise data on the effectiveness of any unit I'm allowed to possess for a turn.  If you want to know exactly how good a unit is compared to other units, sell one to me and I can tell you.

Longterm goal would be developing a better troop transport aircraft, and ramping up large workshop count to produce such planes for other players.  Short-term goal is reverse-engineering the basic troop transport so that it can be improved, and built more cheaply.  Additionally, "studying the kaiju, and the performance of various units, to determine the optimal strategies", but I'm never going to drop that in all likelihood.

Currently we want an additional scientist, and have little to offer beyond "favor", though I'm definitely willing to offer deals if there's something I can make, or if some assistance is needed; I may be producing processed muscle for Egan this turn, as part of a trade.  For mad scientists, an improved troop transport, or improved explosives, are absolutely things I'm interested in.

On the topic of the black market, there's a few items that interest me.  Tanks, the two types of special ammunition, and a scientist, of course.  I figure other people are also interested in these, so I'd like to discuss who is interested in what, and possibly come to an agreement on who should get what.

In particular, if I can get a scientist, that will directly contribute to me being able to research and manufacture a transport plane sooner, and probably make it better, too.  Everyone needs transports, and ideally I'd like to sell them at-cost or close to it, but dropping a ton of cash on a scientist will make that harder to reasonably do.  I'm not going to stop producing combat units just to get transports out sooner, or allow selling them at a loss.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, Battle of Kota Bharu.
« Reply #226 on: November 25, 2019, 12:38:16 pm »

I absolutely want that submarine, but I'd have to:

1. Research Huge Hangars or Huge Workshops to store it
2. Research Huge Science Labs to improve it
3. Actually build these things and then pay upkeep on them.

I'm thinking about it.

@Stirk: You're working on Jaegers, does any of that include Huge or larger facilities?

@Ironyowl
USSCCI assets are jet fighter schematics, and the ability to produce them starting next turn.  Additionally, precise data on the effectiveness of any unit I'm allowed to possess for a turn.  If you want to know exactly how good a unit is compared to other units, sell one to me and I can tell you.

Longterm goal would be developing a better troop transport aircraft, and ramping up large workshop count to produce such planes for other players.  Short-term goal is reverse-engineering the basic troop transport so that it can be improved, and built more cheaply.  Additionally, "studying the kaiju, and the performance of various units, to determine the optimal strategies", but I'm never going to drop that in all likelihood.

Currently we want an additional scientist, and have little to offer beyond "favor", though I'm definitely willing to offer deals if there's something I can make, or if some assistance is needed; I may be producing processed muscle for Egan this turn, as part of a trade.  For mad scientists, an improved troop transport, or improved explosives, are absolutely things I'm interested in.
Thanks! Updated.

Spoiler: New Version (click to show/hide)

On the topic of the black market, there's a few items that interest me.  Tanks, the two types of special ammunition, and a scientist, of course.  I figure other people are also interested in these, so I'd like to discuss who is interested in what, and possibly come to an agreement on who should get what.

In particular, if I can get a scientist, that will directly contribute to me being able to research and manufacture a transport plane sooner, and probably make it better, too.  Everyone needs transports, and ideally I'd like to sell them at-cost or close to it, but dropping a ton of cash on a scientist will make that harder to reasonably do.  I'm not going to stop producing combat units just to get transports out sooner, or allow selling them at a loss.
This feels like cheating, but I'm interested in phosphorous tank rounds and very interested in a scientist, since that will allow me to both efficiently process kaiju parts and research things at the same time. I do plan to prioritize dissection if I can only accomplish one thing, though. In fact, I'm seriously considering building a second kaiju lab so I can process two parts at once, instead of processing one thing and researching one thing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
  • I'd rather be a rising ape than a falling angel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 25, 2019, 12:45:09 pm »

Might join this depending on the next sitrep.
Noble Nafuni Engineer

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 25, 2019, 08:57:15 pm »

Heads up, my uh, "sources" say that the upcoming kaiju is, quote, "stonk". Sadly more detailed information is unavailable. I'd recommending not holding anything back.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 25, 2019, 09:08:57 pm »

Heads up, my uh, "sources" say that the upcoming kaiju is, quote, "stonk". Sadly more detailed information is unavailable. I'd recommending not holding anything back.

Do we ever hold back?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 25, 2019, 09:21:02 pm »

I assume not everyone brings their best to every engagement. Lotsa bills to pay, after all.

Speaking of which, do you have any research done on Huge or larger labs/workshops/hangars? I'm totally getting that awesome submarine which will require additional infrastructure. Buying it off you would be easier, if it exists.

@syv: Did you ever get samples of those nerve gas grenades or body armor?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 25, 2019, 09:31:33 pm »

I assume not everyone brings their best to every engagement. Lotsa bills to pay, after all.

Speaking of which, do you have any research done on Huge or larger labs/workshops/hangars? I'm totally getting that awesome submarine which will require additional infrastructure. Buying it off you would be easier, if it exists.

I totally forgot you asked that question. Jeagers are planned to be large size, so I haven't bothered making bigger infrastructure as of yet. Their transport will hopefully also be large size.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 25, 2019, 09:58:46 pm »

Ah, well thanks anyway. Looks like I'll have to pioneer gigantic infrastructure myself!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 25, 2019, 10:06:22 pm »

Ah, well thanks anyway. Looks like I'll have to pioneer gigantic infrastructure myself!

I'll steal it later for when I finally get around to making even bigger tanks.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 25, 2019, 10:44:31 pm »

Assuming Shadowclaw doesn't want it, how much you want for it? Or were you looking forward to adding the forcefield addition first?
Given how we've seen some stuff get destroyed before it can be used, getting the forcefield first might be wise. Cost wise, I'm kinda counting the 'bought me an extra coolness lab' as the main price, so I'm willing to send it out for shipping and handling fees. This is also why Shadowclaw gets dibs, either this turn or the next. (IE, my upkeep. It costs me 110 moneybucks to actually leave my base, so I'll need that much to afford to ship a mad science superweapon to anyone.)

Though given that the incoming giant monster is supposed to be stronk, it might be worth sending it out as is?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 26, 2019, 01:21:12 am »

Probably best to let an org reverse engineer it before using it, if possible. If it gets destroyed in battle, the whole thing might be lost. If we get a schematic of it beforehand, much better. Shadowclaw's got the right idea there.

So it might be worthwhile to deploy this turn, but doing so might cost us in the long run. I'm personally a fan of waiting.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 26, 2019, 08:37:16 pm »

Nope.  Wish I had, oh well.

Probably best to let an org reverse engineer it before using it, if possible. If it gets destroyed in battle, the whole thing might be lost. If we get a schematic of it beforehand, much better. Shadowclaw's got the right idea there.

So it might be worthwhile to deploy this turn, but doing so might cost us in the long run. I'm personally a fan of waiting.

Yeah, I'm a second vote in favor of reverse engineering mad science projects before deploying them, especially that death ray.  A weapon that can be mounted on harasser units, which makes the target more vulnerable to other attacks?  That's awesome!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 26, 2019, 09:19:10 pm »

Nope.  Wish I had, oh well.
I still have some and can loan you a copy of each.

@Shadowclaw: Could you grab that submarine for me? I'll pay its upkeep and get to work on designing a place to store it.

Build Troll Far- I mean, PR Centre. (-200)
Build Kaiju Lab (-100)
Hire Infantry Platoon (-50)
Pay USSCCI 50 for the infrantry platoon (-50)
Process Kaiju Muscle (-20)

Send x1 gas grenades, x1 body armor to USSCCI
Pay upkeep for the Russian sub if Coke Knights get it for me
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 12:30:08 pm by IronyOwl »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 28, 2019, 03:41:15 am »

I still have some and can loan you a copy of each.

I am very interested in this!  I'll probably have to apply them as upgrades to see how they work, but really seeing the results is more important to me than using the units; I'm fine with it if your terms for the loan are using the upgraded units, and getting the information (though I'd prefer to not have to pay the unit cost if I'll be giving them away immediately).

Placeholder action:

Send modern tank and infantry platoon to Happytime.  I won't be able to deploy the infantry, so might as well save them the dosh.  Edit: Receive 50 credits as payment for the infantry, shiny!

Begin reverse-engineering transport plane.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 28, 2019, 12:31:56 pm »

Sounds good, I'll pay you for the platoon.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44