Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44

Author Topic: Kaiju-com 2  (Read 55364 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, May Actions
« Reply #315 on: January 25, 2020, 07:53:05 pm »

How it works is that each person who owns it has to roll to contain it.  This applies to mad scientists too.. they can have escapes.  If you're simply transferring it, it's an easier check than if you're going to keep it in your base.  Mad scientists autopass all transfer attempts.
Would that be a roll every turn, or could somebody get lucky and receive a "stable" mad scientist project?

Do reverse engineered and then mass produced models suffer from any of these issues?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 25, 2020, 07:59:50 pm »

It's not impossible for mad scientist projects to be stable, and some of them are more stable than others.

There also isn't that much randomness in it.  If you've contained a project successfully, you're likely able to contain it indefinately.

Reverse-engineered models will be somewhat less dangerous, but removing the danger will in some cases reduce the capabilities.  You may direct the research if you want them to concentrate on making it safer or concentrate on reproducing its capabilities.

Also, although you can make close facsimilies of mad science weapons, you may not be fully capable of a complete reproduction of one, just producing blueprints for something comparable.

Lastly, if you want more information or advantages about these things, additional buildings could be researched to give more accurate information.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 08:03:19 pm by Devastator »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 25, 2020, 08:13:55 pm »

That's mad science for you.  Awesome powers, but strong tendacies to utterly destroy all human life.

BTW, if you deploy it under your banner, it can only return to your base, unless you tell it not to come back as part of your deployment orders.  If you want to transfer it to someone else, it won't get deployed this turn.  If it survives with orders to come back, it'll very likely go on another rampage, which will either cause more damage, or cause more damage and it'll escape.

Plus you're not sure who can handle it, because someone has to contain it at the end of the month.

Thirdly.. transferring dangerous mad science is only safe in the presence of a mad scientist.  It's easier to just take it from place to place than to keep it locked up, but an escape is still possible, and the damages you've suffered make it more likely.

How it works is that each person who owns it has to roll to contain it.  This applies to mad scientists too.. they can have escapes.  If you're simply transferring it, it's an easier check than if you're going to keep it in your base.  Mad scientists autopass all transfer attempts.

In general, larger and more developed bases are more secure, but security buildings are the only sure ways to improve the security of your base.

Yes, you can research mobile units or equipment that add security as well as extra security buildings, if you so want.

Can I hire a mad scientist to build something to contain it in my base?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 25, 2020, 08:14:32 pm »

Lastly, if you want more information or advantages about these things, additional buildings could be researched to give more accurate information.
You heard the man, syv. Info-collecting buildings are go. :P
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 25, 2020, 08:29:31 pm »

Yes, that's a possibility.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 25, 2020, 08:32:32 pm »

Yes, that's a possibility.

You heard the man. 200 credits to whoever keeps this thing from wreaking havoc in my base and the world at large.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 25, 2020, 08:33:14 pm »

I'll be doing MS turns tomorrow.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 26, 2020, 04:43:26 am »

Incidentally, now that I'm done with my first project, anyone have a request for what I should do next? I think I was planning on some mad science artillery ammo next, if no one else has something in specific I could work on.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 26, 2020, 05:32:32 am »

Incidentally, now that I'm done with my first project, anyone have a request for what I should do next? I think I was planning on some mad science artillery ammo next, if no one else has something in specific I could work on.
If your facilities can handle Huge projects, pimping out my submarine.

If your facilities can't handle Huge projects but you still want to pimp out my submarine, either a propulsion system for it that isn't shit, or the giant fuckoff torpedo launcher I intend to install in its nose. I cannot supply any processed kaiju bits for that this turn, but I will have some at some point.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 26, 2020, 05:51:34 am »

Submarine is technically two sizes above Large, being Giant.  Huge is Large+1.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 26, 2020, 02:22:28 pm »

This month's Kaiju attack is to take place in..  New York City itself.  You don't know if this is inentional or by accident, but the Council is deeply worried about this threat, and is offering an immediate reward of 250 moneybucks to any individual or organization that fields a unit that damages the Kaiju in this battle.  They also issue a statement that some unwelcome incidents in the past might be overlooked should the individual contribute to the combat.

New York City is also a very large and important city to the United States.  Expect some military action to be taken.  This might help, or it might complicate matters.

Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Piecewise (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Naturegirl1999 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Happerry (click to show/hide)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 26, 2020, 02:27:00 pm »

The "Lock Up My Ride" offer is still on the table, as with anyone interested in doing it, preferably now.

Also:

https://youtu.be/yvIRh-qt9EQ?t=21
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 02:28:51 pm by Stirk »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 26, 2020, 05:22:29 pm »

Deploy the modern tank and both artillery pieces. Artillery should split up if possible to reduce their vulnerability to being taken out at the same time.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 26, 2020, 05:34:26 pm »

Design a drink to help her grow, hopefully growing the armor to fit her new size

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #329 on: January 26, 2020, 08:44:06 pm »

USE THE FLESH TO MAKE THESE DAMN BUGS LESS SHIT.  I WANT GODDAMN GAU AVENGERS NOT NERF GUNS.

Also I think I said to make them smart enough to follow orders, not to just ragdoll around the room on their own recoil.  FIX IT. FIXITFIXITFIXIT.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44