Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44

Author Topic: Kaiju-com 2  (Read 55901 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, May Actions
« Reply #330 on: January 27, 2020, 06:14:00 am »

Upon hearing that Happytime Atrocities, Inc is in the look out for an engine upgrade for their Submarine, Lord Silver begins working on a Super-Cavitation Engine upgrade package for the submarine, allowing it to traumatize innocent sealife with the mere force of its passage.

Lord Silver would also remind those having issues with the fruits of his genius that base security facilities do already exist. For the ease of lesser minds he'll even copy-paste a list of them here.

Base Security:
Internal Checkpoints, 100, 1 turn
Storage Vaults, 100, 1 turn
Hardened Perimiter, 150, 2 turns

Lord Silver suggests that, if one is having issues storing things, perhaps they should build some Storage Vaults?

Lord Silver will also spend money to repair damaged buildings within his base.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 27, 2020, 08:30:50 am »

"Oh damn giant monsters gonna be attacking New York, oh well sucks to be them good thing I live in Detroit."
Now the Red is looking good on the speed and endurance fronts but in order for them to fight giant monsters they need to be stronger, like The Hulk or Hercules, I need them to be able to punch a giant monster in the dick so hard it flies off.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 27, 2020, 11:02:59 am »

Upon hearing that Happytime Atrocities, Inc is in the look out for an engine upgrade for their Submarine, Lord Silver begins working on a Super-Cavitation Engine upgrade package for the submarine, allowing it to traumatize innocent sealife with the mere force of its passage.

Lord Silver would also remind those having issues with the fruits of his genius that base security facilities do already exist. For the ease of lesser minds he'll even copy-paste a list of them here.

Base Security:
Internal Checkpoints, 100, 1 turn
Storage Vaults, 100, 1 turn
Hardened Perimiter, 150, 2 turns

Lord Silver suggests that, if one is having issues storing things, perhaps they should build some Storage Vaults?

Lord Silver will also spend money to repair damaged buildings within his base.

It will wreak havoc on its return, and escape next month possibly before I am given the opportunity to contain it.

Had I been warned it apparently did the same thing to your lab I may have been capable of properly securing it :v
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 27, 2020, 01:15:12 pm »

Yes, an organization may only build buildings during the purchase phase.  It mostly represents that each phase is half of a month, instead of a full unit of time.  I'm using turns for build times, but that's mostly to provide smaller increments for changes in how long various buildings take to build.

If you have a mad science project stored in your base, it normally only checks once a month, during the purchase phase.  It only does a check for this phase if one of two things happen.

If a mad scientist changed or upgraded it this turn, or if you take possession of it, mostly so there's no way to avoid ever risking a device escaping by shuffling it around.

And yes, a mad scientist can build something at your base this phase which can help secure it in time for the truck's return.  However, it in itself will also be a mad science device, albeit one (much) less dangerous than that death ray hovertruck.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 01:17:40 pm by Devastator »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 27, 2020, 02:33:10 pm »

Fine, I don't need them! Ares can stand on its own!

Clearly this is a management problem. We must establish dominance. It must respect our strength before it respects us. We'll send in our best Drill Sargent/Manager to carefully explain to this wild vehicle that money = power, and therefore as a rich organization we are therefore much more powerful then a murder hobo truck. Flex on the poor boy with golden watches and the like. Once it understands that we are truly the dominant party here it will surely calm down and allow us to punish it for its many crimes.

Deploy everything! The Infantry, the Artillery, and the Deathray truck. We'll deal with the problem child more if it somehow makes it back.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 27, 2020, 03:32:16 pm »

Send a T-55 Tank with a Force Field (-50) and an Infantry Platoon, maybe try and a jam an Artillery Piece there as well.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 27, 2020, 05:54:04 pm »

Had I been warned it apparently did the same thing to your lab I may have been capable of properly securing it :v
This is the message I got about it when it damaged my lab.

"You succeed!  Well, except for the excess of power occasionally causing some severe accidents, it's mostly reliable.  It did damage one of your labs when it somehow started up without the keys in it, but that's nothing to worry about, right?"

I took that as a 'mad science happened' result, not a 'the car wants to kill people' result.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 27, 2020, 07:58:16 pm »

This is the message I got about it when it damaged my lab.

"You succeed!  Well, except for the excess of power occasionally causing some severe accidents, it's mostly reliable.  It did damage one of your labs when it somehow started up without the keys in it, but that's nothing to worry about, right?"

I took that as a 'mad science happened' result, not a 'the car wants to kill people' result.

Fair enough.

I will be victorious here. Or alternatively unleash its horror on New York. One of the two.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 27, 2020, 08:25:21 pm »

You can technically give orders for your guys not to bring it back home should it survive.

Also.. some more stuff.  As this is the first time you guys are fighting in a huge city, there are some additional tactical issues to deal with.  This city is large enough for the buildings to provide some cover for kaiju, and not all your troops will have clear shots on the kaiju every turn.  Sometimes they'll have shots that might hit the kaiju but might hit other buildings, and sometimes they'll just be blocked by buildings completely.

This will apply to the kaiju as well.  It might not have clear shots on your forces.  On the other hand, the Kaiju will be entirely happy to ignore the risks of hitting cities, and will always try for the shot.

So, let me know if you want any troops you deploy to act similarly and risk hitting parts of the city.  Incidental fire won't be as damaging as a deliberate kaiju attack on elements of the city, but it might still attract some bad press.

Default will be to NOT RISK hitting buildings.

Lastly, there's some extra intel stuff this turn.

Spoiler: Stirk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadowclaw777 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 08:39:46 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 28, 2020, 03:44:14 pm »

Hmm.  In the interest of helping each other out, since this is a cooperative game, I'll share my intel.

The US has a carrier assigned to the defense of New York, unsurprisingly.  Though I'm not certain of the details, this means they will be sending a decent number of jets to attack the Kaiju.  Presumably, they will be modern jets--better than USSCCI's own last generation jet--and will be able to do quite a bit of damage.  Whether or not they will be capable of killing the kaiju, I don't know.  They'll certainly be able to do quite a lot of damage to it, and if it doesn't die, it'll be much easier for our forces to kill it after the US jets start their runs.

The runs will begin four or five turns after landfall, and will likely be sustained for a few turns after.  Functionally, since there's a monetary award for damaging the Kaiju, this means that there may be a kind of damage race; hurt the kaiju before the US fighters kill it.  On the other hand, hurting it will be easier after the US fighters start dealing damage, so if your units can't be guaranteed to survive five rounds, and you aren't sure they'll be able to chip it, having some stay back until the kaiju is weakened might help ensure that you collect the bounty.  I'm genuinely unsure.

As for not-hitting-buildings tactics, I simply don't know what's best there.

If anyone is willing to share their secret information, it would be much appreciated.

I'm deploying the assault fish, artillery piece, infantry platoon, and combat jet.  Equip the combat jet with dual warhead missiles.

The artillery piece and infantry will be under orders to engage with the kaiju immediately.  They are to not risk hitting civilian buildings, until the first US fighter wave hits, after which point they should take every shot available. EDIT: The artillery piece and infantry will take every shot available to them, regardless of risk of hitting civilian targets.  The assault fish is under orders to hold fire until it's basically within close range, and then to fire everything and not let up.  Finally, the jet is not to even enter range until the Kaiju has been engaged by other units.  Only once it has been engaged will the jet enter the battle.  The jet, once entering the battle, should stay at max range until it has a clear shot, or if it cannot get a clear shot, until turn 4.  After it has begun to fire, it will take every shot available to it until it has either been damaged or expended all its ammunition, at which point it will attempt to retreat.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 28, 2020, 03:48:27 pm »

Some of your business contacts are headquartered in the city.  Some of them are also interested in hiring private security, and/or doing some experimentation with kaiju bits themselves.  If you choose to do so, you may sell kaiju bits to them for triple normal price next month.  (30 for skin, eg.)  Also, a US military contractor is interested in your business, and if you pay 25 money to them, they'll buy a copy of a single blueprint you either develop yourself or acquire.  Price will vary depending on the gear, but it will be good.

Mostly ways to make some cash, if anyone wants to make a deal for one of their blueprints.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 28, 2020, 03:54:36 pm »

Do note that the offer for Stirk was intended to be restricted to that company alone, although I'll allow him to transfer it to any other single organization.. they only want to shell out for one blueprint.

Also, there's no time limit on that, so you don't need a blueprint now.

The kaiju bits offer is just for the ADD, though.  It's basically some head-office types getting momentarily distracted by Kaiju, and willing to throw money at it.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 28, 2020, 03:59:28 pm »

Do note that the offer for Stirk was intended to be restricted to that company alone, although I'll allow him to transfer it to any other single organization.. they only want to shell out for one blueprint.

Also, there's no time limit on that, so you don't need a blueprint now.

The kaiju bits offer is just for the ADD, though.  It's basically some head-office types getting momentarily distracted by Kaiju, and willing to throw money at it.

I can offer to act as a middleman. I'd mostly take the blueprint they offer me and shell out part of the money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 28, 2020, 04:35:32 pm »

As a political org, my intel is that collateral damage probably won't be too bad. There's going to be a LOT of stuff going on, after all, and there's only so much airtime to dramatically slow-mo your units shelling an orphanage.

With that in mind, orders are to go full force. You can't possibly cause more damage than the Kaiju* so let 'er rip.

*God DAMN it Johnson that was not a challenge!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 28, 2020, 04:42:31 pm »

They're probably just saying that so that we go full bulldozer and HA looks good by comparison.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44