Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44

Author Topic: Kaiju-com 2  (Read 55349 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, June Purchases
« Reply #405 on: April 02, 2020, 09:43:34 pm »

@Irony

I should have access to detailed information about naval transports, since they should qualify as basic military units.  I'll ask Dev about them.  I expect the answer is "they're much better than air transport, but would need upgrades to be able to deploy anywhere in the world rather than only in limited theaters."  If you can get that sub upgraded to go anywhere, it'd be a great way to estimate the cost of upgrading naval transports.

I'll start work on improved air transport this turn.  I'll... run the numbers soonish, see how much of a loan I can use.

As for K-bit costs, 50 per is the "I don't care what you're gonna do with this, set it on fire and smoke it for all I care" cost.  If you've got a project that makes sense, 30 per would be a very reasonable cost currently, and if you've got something that I really want to see, then "free" is totally a possibility.  Right now, anyway--I don't have much use for the things, but if I do end up fielding K-bit fighters or something, then this may change.

@Naturegirl

While I'm reluctant to house Mad Science projects myself without a substantial use, I would indeed be happy to look at your wasp.  If you send it to me this turn, I can ship it off to whoever buys it, before the deploy turn.  Functionally, they should get their unit at the same time as normal, the only difference would be that I could say how good the unit is.

I'd also like you to specify how many turns you've worked on the wasp, and ideally it'd be nice to know what your actions were during those turns.  If you spent three turns making the wasp tougher, for instance, it'd be very very useful to know how much toughness that added in a functional way.

The below spoiler is a response to Stirk, and is not meant to be hidden information.

You’ll give me a cut of the money from the sale, right?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 03, 2020, 02:27:38 pm »

@Stirk
Please put long, pointless arguments inside spoilers, especially if you're going to quote large blocks of text.  It's easier on everyone since there's less to scroll past.

@Naturegirl
Nevermind, don't send me the wasp.  I checked with Dev, and apparently I can't actually do the whole thing with testing the wasp this turn, and then sending it to Stirk later.  I mean... if you're actually okay with not getting your payment immediately, I could hold it for one turn to see its capabilities, then send it to Stirk next turn and send the payment back to you, but that'll delay it reaching Stirk, and I dunno if he's okay with paying next turn instead.

...Also, I wouldn't give you a cut.  I wouldn't take any of the money, it's all yours.

Oh!  Almost forgot.  Would you like a tank?  I have a couple kinda crappy tanks lying around, I'll totally send you one if you want to do some mad science on it.  Free tank!  Alternatively, I could send you a cut down GAU-8 (google it) instead.

@Irony
Turns out I can use 145 credits credits total, which is kinda actually perfect since you're sending me 150.  I have a pair of processed muscle bits, which I'll happily give you if you need them for something.

Also, I asked about naval transports.  They... do not sound very good.  100 to just buy a slow large ship with two medium spaces, 250 to buy a slow huge with two larges.  Same quality as a transport plane otherwise, which means they're made of paper and can't dodge either.  They... could just have a massive markup from the manufacturing cost, but this doesn't really sound encouraging since they'd still need to be modified to be fast.  I didn't ask about boats that are already fast, so maybe that's not a huge price addition either, but... yeah, naval transports don't sound great.  :(

ACTIONS!

Send H.A. Inc a skin, a muscle, and a guts.  Maybe send them a pair of processed muscle bits too, if they ask nicely.  Receive 150 credits in return.

Start researching an improved transport plane, building on the design I already have.  I want 50% more capacity, and I want it to be able to carry a large unit plus a medium unit, rather than three medium units.  Continue the ongoing research as well.

Construct two new jets, and repair the jet that was damaged. 

Construct a new large hangar to house one new jet, move one tank to the medium hangar, and jam the second tank into a medium workshop, which I just realized counts as a hangar when I'm not using it!  Yay.

Construct a large workshop.

Repair both tanks and the assault fish.

Spoiler: Bids I guess (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 03, 2020, 02:53:10 pm »

Naturegirl:

Do note that in order to take a tank you need a place to put it, which is currently occupied by your wasp.  So you'd need to deliver it somewhere before you can take a tank.

I think the proposal is that NG would send Waspra to syv, he'd examine it and get information through his military specialization testing grounds, and then pass it along to Stirk.  This would take enough time to prevent it from being used this month, but not next month.  There would be no such restrictions on timing for sending money.  For it to be used this month under Stirk's banner, it would have to go directly to Stirk.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 03:25:39 pm by Devastator »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 03, 2020, 03:18:56 pm »

@Irony
Turns out I can use 145 credits credits total, which is kinda actually perfect since you're sending me 150.  I have a pair of processed muscle bits, which I'll happily give you if you need them for something.
I need 6 muscle bits total to get pw to build me a hive of his wasps, which will sustain and automatically replace one unit of wasps. I'm told not to expect the upkeep to be a low number. I'm processing one muscle this turn, which should give me ~5, so +2 bits would be great. I will of course send you the wasps for analysis.

Also, I asked about naval transports.  They... do not sound very good.  100 to just buy a slow large ship with two medium spaces, 250 to buy a slow huge with two larges.  Same quality as a transport plane otherwise, which means they're made of paper and can't dodge either.  They... could just have a massive markup from the manufacturing cost, but this doesn't really sound encouraging since they'd still need to be modified to be fast.  I didn't ask about boats that are already fast, so maybe that's not a huge price addition either, but... yeah, naval transports don't sound great.  :(
I did ask about fast boats! They're not for sale!

I suspect (but obviously can't confirm) that boats scale better sizewise than planes, and since I'm already working on the infrastructure for Huge ones there's some obvious value to me there. But yes, they might just suck and we'll be better off deploying everything we can in planes.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 03, 2020, 03:30:07 pm »

Fast plain transports aren't for sale.  Some fast military boats are.  You can buy a (relatively) small missile boat that qualifies as a fast boat, for instance.  Others might be available.. let me know if you have a specific type of unit you'd like to buy.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 03, 2020, 03:36:21 pm »

@Stirk
Please put long, pointless arguments inside spoilers, especially if you're going to quote large blocks of text.  It's easier on everyone since there's less to scroll past.

Sorry your majesty, I had forgotten that the mad scientist of the lake granted you the holy sword allowing you to be king of all kaiju orgs. It does go a long way to explaining why you keep trying to order everyone else around.

Fast plain transports aren't for sale.  Some fast military boats are.  You can buy a (relatively) small missile boat that qualifies as a fast boat, for instance.  Others might be available.. let me know if you have a specific type of unit you'd like to buy.

How easy would it be to modify the missile boat into a transport boat?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 03, 2020, 03:53:09 pm »

How easy would it be to modify the missile boat into a transport boat?

Depends on how much space you want on it, and if you take the weapons off.  Overall, not that hard, but it'd be a very expensive fast transport boat.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 03, 2020, 04:39:11 pm »

How much are you willing to pay? She is about as armored as a tank and is about my size

I don't know how big you are :V

I can go 300. I can add in a kaiju heart or other parts for trade.
Sounds good. I have edited my action to send her to you, and you can give me the 300 and the Kaiju heart. Thank you

@syvarris The tank sounds good. Thank you
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 04:43:03 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 03, 2020, 04:55:14 pm »

How much are you willing to pay? She is about as armored as a tank and is about my size

I don't know how big you are :V

I can go 300. I can add in a kaiju heart or other parts for trade.
Sounds good. I have edited my action to send her to you, and you can give me the 300 and the Kaiju heart. Thank you

@syvarris The tank sounds good. Thank you

Then let it be so. Transfer 300 moneys and 1 Kaiju Heart to the mad science girl.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 04, 2020, 06:30:28 am »

@NG
You're welcome!  :)

Spoiler: @Stirk (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 04, 2020, 11:05:17 am »

Don't be a dick.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 07, 2020, 01:51:11 am »

Repair Tonk. Name tonk Tonk. 20
Med Lab research Nekobutchers. Use 7 Kaiju Muscle Samples and 4 Kaiju Gut Samples 20
Smoll Lab research Extraversal Research & Development Facility. 20
Process Kaiju Guts. 20
Build Large Hanger 50
Build base in Greenland. 50
Minimum bid on Infantry S2A Missiles. 1
Recall both listening post teams. +20
[secret, highlight to see only if you are canadian=Receive money from USCCI. +20]
[secret, highlight to see only if you are canadian=Infiltrate Red Sands, USCCI, and ADD. 60]
[secret, highlight to see only if you are canadian=Council team, look for new organizations.]
[secret, highlight to see only if you are canadian=Hand team, steal some Bucks.]
[secret, highlight to see only if you are canadian=HA team, borrow the design for that kaiju disassembly station. If caught, claim the "the atrocities wanted to be free".]
Send HA 3 Kaiju Skin + 1 Kaiju Fat. +80
Send USCCI 1 Advanced ERA armor. ~

Nekobutchers
Genetically enhanced human soldiers with catlike features, including warm fur, a tail for balance, sensitive ears and whiskers for greater awareness, and eyes with good night vision. Internally, their organs are modified for greater trauma resistance, including some redundancy, making them harder to kill outright. Their muscles are greatly enhanced, being both bulkier and more efficient. This lets them deal strong blows with melee weaponry and additionally makes them unreasonably fast and agile, able to move so fast and jump so far they may as well be flying. This is further augmented by a powered exoskeleton armor which helps carry its own weight and has launchable grappling hooks in the arms, legs, and tail allowing for course-correction in midair. For armament they are primarily armed with inhumanly large steel greatswords, and use anti-tank missiles as a sidearm.

Extraversal Research & Development Facility
A facility designed to manufacture "demonic" items and beings by drawing on otherworldly energies. Safety first! Though every precaution will be taken when dealing with potentially dangerous materials, the entire building is able to be securely locked down, and its contents safely dissolved and incinerated. This serves as both a manufacturing facility and a first line of defence from within.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 01:07:35 am by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kaiju-Com 2, June Actions
« Reply #417 on: April 11, 2020, 05:59:24 pm »

Spoiler: Stirk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadowclaw777 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

Rest of turn and MS turns to come tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 06:44:32 pm by Devastator »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, June Actions
« Reply #418 on: April 12, 2020, 03:51:58 pm »

Spoiler: Naturegirl1999 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NJW2000 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Happerry (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Piecewise (click to show/hide)

The target for the Kaiju attack this month looks to be the desert city of Chiclayo, Peru.  You are warned that this Kaiju is stronger than the last one, and "Seems to be well armed."

There isn't much specific information as to what support you can expect from the military, but the news broadcasts seem to indicate that there is going to be a lot of militia action.. possibly spurred by your recent succeses against Kaiju.  There are no special awards being granted.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 07:03:32 pm by Devastator »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, June Actions
« Reply #419 on: April 13, 2020, 03:20:57 pm »

Deploy Waspra-chan and the infantry unit. Time to see how melee units work out in practice.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44