Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44

Author Topic: Kaiju-com 2  (Read 56029 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, October Actions
« Reply #570 on: October 31, 2020, 09:00:07 pm »

Receive 25 money from NJW, and send him the T-55.

Apply the spare Valencite to the third battered jet.  Deploy all three battered jets along with the infantry platoon.  Infantry is under orders to hang back and not die, as always.  Jets are under orders to shoot until they run out of ammo.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, October Actions
« Reply #571 on: October 31, 2020, 09:42:19 pm »

I actually have to do things other than just setting my troops to kill mode now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now to set them to kill mode! Deploy shiny new Jeagar, Shiny kinda new healingfactor tank, and Infantry Platoon! Show them what we've been working on all this time!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, June Purchases
« Reply #572 on: November 02, 2020, 03:29:30 am »

Sell off Kaiju Heart and Skin to Happytime Atrocities
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 10:11:05 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kaiju-Com 2, Battle of Surabaya
« Reply #573 on: November 14, 2020, 05:12:14 pm »

Battle of Surabaya, Java, Indonesia.

For the first time in a few months, deployment goes okay, with everyone getting off the planes and on the ground.  The combat jets have time to land and refuel locally before the battle begins, which doesn't change much but is still a good omen.

There are extra transports this month, with several organizations bringing more units than can fit in one transport.. indeed, in addition to numbers, there are many wholly new units to see.

Happytime Atrocities seems to have gotten a small drone helicopter to carry those slow, easily distracted, vulnerable bugs to the point of contact, but aren't deploying many special units other than those.  Just them, a couple of artillery, and some infantry.

The USSCCI is deploying a wing of three jets.  And they still look old and battered.  They have the new explosives, and they've been effective enough in the past, so maybe the looks aren't important.

The ADD has a new giant transport arriving this month, carrying a huge tank.  It's got a massive long-barreled cannon on it, and is almost twice as wide as a normal tank, barely fitting through the streets of the dense city.  And sometimes not quite fitting, but the heavy armour, great size, and lots of power see it through or over obstacles without much issue.  They are also deploying another tank, a much older looking T-55 that is completely coated in silver paint.  It does have what looks like some kind of muzzle brake attached to it, but no other obvious modifications except for the standard ERA kit.  And some infantry as well.

Last is the Coke Knights, who seem to have built on the previous battle and are deploying five artillery pieces and an infantry platoon.  And a strange ice-cream-truck sized mad-max style open tubular frame vehicle.  It has a huge engine on it, and the rear half is basically just a giant box.. which pumps out massive clouds of rainbow-coloured smoke, shrouding several vehicles nearby it and frightening small children.

The only agents of madness to be seen are the ape-like creatures known to belong to Claudia.

It is good that deployment went well, as the airport is very far away from the heart of the city.. the massive port and shipping terminal on the sheltered harbour, to the north.

The kaiju emerges while some units are ready, and others are still struggling with the city's endless congestion, both vehicular, architectural, or airborne.  Only a few units are in position to first-strike the target.

It's a.. giant horse, except blue.  Visible situations are the external glass-like projections, similar to the snake, which are both protective and extremely annoying, as it guarantees endless shattering sounds each time the creature is hit, or moves.  Visible weapons are another one of those goddamn missile launchers, this one mounted on the creatures back, and some changes to the face and mouth.. presumably another breath weapon like the sonic armadillo.

Anyway, missiles are launched and shells fly, as several artillery pieces, one of the jets, and the mighty Jaeger tank take shots.  The only one to stick from the initial volley is from the Jaeger tank, but that simply manages to shatter the protective layer of glass.

The kaiju then shoots back.  The missile flies out, strikes the offending USSCCI jet, and destroys it at a blow.  It then rears up on its back feet, and lets loose with a truly massive torrent of flame, that arcs through the sky, before coming back down in a pulverizing explosion of flame.  It seems this is a proper fire-breathing kaiju.

Most of the units are at least somewhat spread out during their travels through the city, in the process of closing the range, and reminding themselves of the area-effect weapons in previous battles, so only a few units are hit by the massive torrent of flames.

Among the ones hit are one of Stirk's artillery pieces and one of happytime atrocity's artillery pieces.  Another jet is targetted by the stream of flame, but the pilot is capable of evading the fast-moving stream of mid-air fire, which although dangerous even to flying units, is much easier to dodge than the disturbingly fast and agile homing missiles.  Another artillery piece came close to the burning explosion, but the confusion caused by the fog meant the burst was off target.

Both artillery pieces are destroyed.  The one with the force-field put up a good fight, but there was little chance to survive the full power burst of flame on the still relatively unarmoured vehicle.  Maybe after it's been weakened a bit the flame will no longer be so hot, as pre-battle intel showed a weapon that will weaken as the kaiju is wounded.

By now, however, everyone who is going to fight has entered range, so the return fire begins.

Several artillery shells hit for some damage, and the kaiju's glass shield is shattered by one of them.  The units best suited to take advantage of that seem to be the USSCCI jets, who manage several hits on the unprotected skin.. and draw mostly more of that blue ooze, but this time accompanied by the rippling effect that was seen on the regenerating kaiju several months ago.  Several more hits are made, most notable by the Happytime gunbug swarm, but the kaiju has yet to be seriously wounded.

Still, after analysis would show that the significant amount of ooze dropped was comparable to the limit of the system when it was encountered previously.. any more damage should be through the protective systems and into the serious damage.

It's yet to be seen how many units will survive to deal that damage, as the dragonhorse strikes back.  First up is the missile launcher, which heads for one of the arty pieces which damaged it, destroying it with a direct attack, as is normal for those missiles.

Next is the firebreath.  This burst is aimed through a second artillery piece from CK, this time one of the unmodded ones, and the massive Jaeger supertank.  Another jet is aimed at with the intervening stream, but the pilot is able to evade it.  The tank and the artillery aren't as lucky, with the arty being destroyed.

The Jaeger is as well protected as a normal modern tank.  It is not, however, very lucky, as the stream of powerful explosive flame is sufficient to burn through the tough armour and slag the tank inside.

Whereas the last round was mostly weathered by the giant monster, its luck runs out on the following round.  One of the USSCCI jets hits hard, shattering the glass shroud, causing more freshly-regrown ooze to fly out, and causing torrents of normal blood, the first drawn from this kaiju to come out.

Then the route is on.  Both of the two remaining CK artillery pieces, one of which has the new explosives, shred the thick skin of the kaiju.  The swarm of living machine guns that is the Happytime gun bug swarm deal yet more damage through the weakened defenses.  The Kaiju ends up surviving, but badly wounded and bleeding.. it won't last much longer.

Still, it fights on, weapons intact.  Another missile flies out utterly destroying the unupgraded artillery piece from the Coke Knights, and a vasly weaker stream of explosive fire reaches out.  This one is able to hit only two targets.. the ADD T-55 and the last, force-field protected, CK artillery.  It isn't strong enough to damage the T-55, and the artillery survives it, although the field is somewhat weakened by the still-deadly flames.

The final round is seemingly perfunctory.. but the rippling skin and the renewed glass shroud means nothing should be taken for granted.  After evading or surviving several small hits, one of the USSCCI jets and the last CK artillery piece finish it off.

Victory!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 05:15:03 pm by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, Battle of Surabaya
« Reply #574 on: November 15, 2020, 01:13:47 am »

((Sorry for being away for so long, Do I post an action yet?))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, Battle of Surabaya
« Reply #575 on: November 15, 2020, 01:23:16 am »

((Nah, I'll have sheets up in a few days after bookkeeping, including yours.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kaiju-Com 2, November Purchases
« Reply #576 on: November 19, 2020, 11:04:38 pm »

It is now the Puchase Phase of November, 1999.

One lead scientist is available.

There are two kaiju which have appeared this month.  One is arriving in the extreme North Atlantic, it looks like it is heading for Scandinavia.

It has yet another one of those missile launchers.  It also appears to be internally reinforced, with a very dense shell around the body.  There is also another unknown weapon system.

The second kaiju is one previously sighted, in the early days of the kaiju attacks.  It is appeared in the northwest Pacific.  It isn't moving yet, but you fear Japan may eventually be attacked.  This one is known for having a similar laser eye system to the laser spider which attacked Bangladesh.  It is also known to be a melee attacker, and had some kind of damaging aura around it.

This month there will be two attacks.  One brand new one heading for Scandinavia, and the one in the South Atlantic.

Quote from: Scandinavia Kaiju
It has yet another one of those missile launchers.  It also appears to be internally reinforced, with a very dense shell around the body.  There is also another unknown weapon system.

Quote from: South Atlantic Kaiju
This one is identifiable, as it's attacked a city before.  It's basically a giant monkey with sword-arms and the ability to blast shockwaves at distant targets with them, notable for quickness and strength, as well as tough bony plating similar to an exoskeleton.

The strength of the early kaiju attackers is similar to the strength of the strongest ones yet seen.  However, some of their weapons are weaker than the improved ones seen today.

Spoiler: Black Market (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadowclaw777 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stirk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Happerry (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NJW2000 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Naturegirl1999 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 12:44:46 am by Devastator »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, June Purchases
« Reply #577 on: November 22, 2020, 05:30:05 am »

Allow the USSCI scientist to continue research on lab

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, November Purchases
« Reply #578 on: November 23, 2020, 01:34:42 am »

Shadowclaw, can you post what the status of the research project is?  I don't get any reports about what my scientist is doing, so I dunno if anything has come up.

Nevermind; Dev sent me a report from my scientist.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 23, 2020, 06:42:47 am »

Dr. Unpleasant looks upon his work and wonders what it would be like if he chrome plated it but there wasn't time to do that right now as the kangaroo had damaged the floor and he had to fix it, first thing on the agenda was to fix the floor in the store by throwing some plywood over the hole, and the second item is to continue the upgrading of the kangaroo by allowing it to reach even greater speeds by giving it, I don't know maybe more speed or something, anyway it just needs to be faster so it can dodge bullets like in that one scene from the Matrix.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 23, 2020, 04:45:36 pm »

Lord Silver continues to upgrade the harpoon AFV, this time taking advantage of the last side effect to try to upgrade it to reliably teleport out of the way of enemy attacks, increasing its evasion noticeably.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 24, 2020, 07:25:13 pm »

Claudia starts by integrating the Blizzard Organ into the recently purchased tank, turning it into a tank with a powerful Freeze Ray cannon.

"Finally, a chance to see what Kaiju material is capable of achieving in the field of chaos-based military technology."
One wheel short of a wagon

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 24, 2020, 10:29:49 pm »

Build Small Lab
Find birds or flies or something with wings to try splicing them into the Jaguar, or collecting genes from said wings to add genes to it causing wings to grow
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 04:26:08 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 02, 2020, 02:25:15 pm »

Spoiler: List Version (click to show/hide)

ADD's development schedule has changed slightly upon acquisition of a Kaiju flame weapon. As we had already intended to create fire-based weaponry in order to fight regeneration, we will dissect this find to reverse engineer a mass-production version of a high-quality flamethrower. As Kaiju weapons are large and it will likely only be viable on our Jeager line of super tanks until we find the time to miniaturize this technology.

Our first Jeager upgrade will be a second weapon slot allowing the vehicle to utilize both our advanced cannon system and the newly acquired kaiju weapon. This is likely to take some time. A modified version of the Jeager with only the Kaiju weapon would be available swiftly if any organization is interested in independently developing such a product.

Estimation for the Man Portable Nuclear Arm project suggest we will complete the project in 7 months. We are very confident in this product, and would go as far to say its completion marks the end of the Kaiju threat on Earth. This is not an idle statement. Our words are backed with nuclear weapons.

Finally, ADD will be engaging with the enemy in Scandinavia. Our weapons are adept at piercing through armor, and the lack of a kill field will allow our "mechanized" infantry to engage effectively.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 03, 2020, 12:39:17 am »

Happytime Atrocities Orders
-Continue researching Giant Aquatic Dockyard (-20)
-Study Mac and Cheese Organ (-20)
-Process Kaiju Muscle (-20)
-Purchase artillery piece (-50)
-Send USSCCI money for Artillery Valencite (-15)
-Send USSCCI money for microscopic pipette organ (-80)
-Display veteran wasp carapaces in the PR Centre
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 02:27:35 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44