Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44

Author Topic: Kaiju-com 2  (Read 55957 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, November Purchases
« Reply #585 on: December 03, 2020, 07:09:38 am »

Same list of stuff to sell as last time.  I have several projects completing next round, so I think I'll be saving money this round; that means I'm pretty much free to produce as much of anything as you like.

Basic jet cost (Including Unstable Valencite Explosives): 225

Unstable Valencite explosives prices:
Infantry rockets, infantry small arms, technicals: 5 credits per weapon upgraded (10 for full infantry kit, which isn't a great idea)
Tanks: 10 credits per tank cannon upgraded  (Note: I don't know how much payload capacity Jaegers have.  They may cost more/less.)
Artillery, MRLS, Jets, AC-130s: 15 credits per unit upgraded (All jets I sell from now on will come upgraded, and the cost is already included in their sell price.)

Matryoshka Transport cost (Carries 1 Large + 1 Medium): 125 + Profit Margin (make an offer).

Also!  I have two, ah, let's call them special black market deals?  I have a modern transport plane that I have no use for, which I'm willing to sell for cheap.  Let's call it 50 to buy the thing, a >66% discount; it's equivalent to a normal transport in carrying capacity, but faster and tougher, I believe.

Second, I recovered yet another special Kaiju organ.  I don't use these things, so if anyone wants to buy it... give me an offer?

The infantry have recovered a chunk of Kaiju Skin, and another one of those unknown organs.  This one is a blue mass which is surrounded by thousands of hair-fine tubules.. under microscopic examination they look like a huge collection of miniature pipettes.

@Stirk, I'd be happy to hear about researching Jaeger tanks?  I'm certainly capable of producing them for you, and will have a free large lab next turn to do research.  Do you want to talk about sharing the design?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 03, 2020, 03:28:12 pm »

Second, I recovered yet another special Kaiju organ.  I don't use these things, so if anyone wants to buy it... give me an offer?
Lessee... we know this Kaiju had:
-Fire Breath
-Missile Launcher
-Sonic Weapon? (inferred from description, never actually used)
-Rippling Regeneration
-Glass Shell

So probably related to one of those. I'll give you 80 for it?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 03, 2020, 05:10:44 pm »

Lessee... we know this Kaiju had:
-Fire Breath
-Missile Launcher
-Sonic Weapon? (inferred from description, never actually used)
-Rippling Regeneration
-Glass Shell

So probably related to one of those. I'll give you 80 for it?

It was described as having "presumably another breath weapon like the sonic armadillo."

Then it breathed explosive fire all over stuff.  Pre-battle analysis showed it to have only two weapons.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 04, 2020, 02:28:42 pm »

Really I don't think any of them would be bad, though the missile launcher sounds like the sort of thing that's way more effective against us than for us. I am hoping for one of the defensive options, though.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 12, 2020, 02:34:14 pm »

I'll sell the transport to anyone who wants it, for only 25.  I don't need the money, considering Irony's purchase, and I'd rather it gets used.

ACTUAL ORDERS
--Fund all three science projects.  -60
--Produce Unstable Valencite with all four workshops.  -100
--Send one Arty's worth of Valencite to Irony, along with the unidentified organ.  +95

And the secret actions:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 19, 2020, 09:40:52 pm »

Spoiler: Shadowclaw777 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stirk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 03:16:10 am by Devastator »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, November Actions
« Reply #592 on: December 21, 2020, 01:28:04 am »

Spoiler: Happerry (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NJW2000 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Naturegirl1999 (click to show/hide)

It is now the Action phase of November 1999.

There are two Kaiju attacks to deal with this month.  One in Scandinavia,

Quote from: Scandinavian Kaiju
It has yet another one of those missile launchers.  It also appears to be internally reinforced, with a very dense shell around the body.  There is also another unknown weapon system.

And one heading for Cartagena, Columbia.

Quote from: Columbian Kaiju
This one is identifiable, as it's attacked a city before.  It's basically a giant monkey with sword-arms and the ability to blast shockwaves at distant targets with them, notable for quickness and strength, as well as tough bony plating similar to an exoskeleton.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 21, 2020, 02:07:54 am »

So I've got a Quantum lightning drill harpoon weapon AFV for sale, with defensive dodge teleportation and somewhere around two or five shots depending on how lenient the quantum uncertainty principle is when the AFV pretends it still has a weapon in its barrel to make up for the harpoon originally being a one shot weapon. Note that the teleportation makes it kinda of imprecise location so anyone interested should make sure they have a security upgrade or two. My upkeep is 150, so I'll need more then that to consider making a sale. Anyone interested?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 21, 2020, 04:29:57 am »

A blizzard tornado gun will do. This is simply a matter of ensuring that the chaotic energy of the weapon is channeled in the correct direction, Claudia muses.

Integrate at least one, or if possible, both my bits of Kaiju-fat into the cannon section of the tank, using the superefficient energy storage to increase the power or duration of each shot, boosting the damage.
One wheel short of a wagon

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 21, 2020, 04:37:07 am »

You don't get anything useful out of the mac and cheese organ.  It's just a disgusting mass of rotten flesh, and without any entertaining chemicals to boot.  Weird, but worthless.
Damn it.

I've got a box o' wasps and two Valencite artillery pieces, but I'm not sure where to deploy them. All are fairly expendable, but obviously there's not much profit in losing.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 21, 2020, 05:26:01 am »

Dr. Unpleasant sits atop a filing cabinet in his now over turned construction office trailer super scientific command room thinking about what he should do with the kangaroo especially now that it's broken a lot of stuff in his abandoned auto plant secret fortress including his ceramic zebras and only plate highly prestigious awards for scientific achievement and fine china, after dwelling on all of this for a bit he decides the only thing to do is sell this annoying thing to someone and with this in mind he begins searching through the rubble for his camera.

A few days later a VHS tape is found in the mail of all of the organizations, when played some variation of the following message is found.
"GENTLEMEN BEHOLD I am Dr. Unpleasant and this is my advanced laboratory of science!" The view then shifts away from his face and begins panning over the room which looks less like a lab and more like an abandoned building with a blue tarp with the words advanced science spray painted on it covering something in the corner, the camera then focuses on a door and begins heading towards it as he starts talking once more. "Behold my greatest creation, a giant armoured kangaroo behold its bouncing all over the place and BREAKING ALL MY SHIT!" The camera shows a massive metal coated kangaroo bouncing around a large mostly empty room, after a few seconds of it bouncing around the kangaroo jumps onto and crushes a 1970s era station wagon, which is immediately followed by the a long stream of expletives and the camera shutting off, it then turns back on in a different room facing the man again. "Sorry about that it was just a minor technical malfunction, I was 100% in control of what was happening and what you saw was what was supposed to happen during that demonstration, and now I'm sure after seeing that everyone of you is interested in owning this marvel of science but I'll tell you it won't come cheap as I more than 152 monies as that much alone will cover the expenses of moving it to your base and keeping my stuff safe while I deliver it to you, if you are interested I've provided my info along with this tape, thank you for taking the time to watch this and conciser my offer, and please for the love of god someone buy this thing it smashed my freaking car."

Now with all the RP stuff out of the way I'm offering to sell my giant super bouncy armored kangaroo to whoever will buy it, I need 152 to cover upkeep so offers above that are what I'm looking for.

Also be warned that this thing seems to like to break shit as it has broken all of mine, not sure what you can do about it so be wary.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 21, 2020, 11:49:02 am »

Send both my jets after the melee Kaiju, along with the infantry, who will be deployed in the modern transport.  Might as well use the damn thing if I have it.  Standard orders for the infantry of staying away and out of the fight.

Edit: Also send two artillery's worth of Unstable Valencite to Shadowclaw, assuming he can apply them to artillery in this stage.

((I don't have any more forces to commit anywhere.  I'm sending both the jets at the monkey, because forcefield swords are hopefully less lethal to planes than those fucking missile launchers, and one dead kaiju is much better than no dead kaiju.))

((In other news, my Sarissans finished their development this month!  Shadowclaw has also finished researching extended range missiles, which will grant Sarissans the ability to outrange almost anything Kaiju are armed with.  Soon I'll upgrade them to have unlimited ammo, which should be pretty broken against most Kaiju.  I also finished researching stabilized Valencite, which costs three times as much to produce, but increases Armor Penetration in addition to raw damage, which most of the time should make it more than twice as good as unstable Valencite.  It also doesn't limit ammo now.  Also, Artillery benefits even more strongly from it than you would expect, due to some nuances of their stat distribution.

It's really really good, is what I'm saying.

Fiiinally, Stirk sent me the design for Jaeger tanks.  I won't really be able to comment on them until I've reverse engineered the design, but hopefully I'll soon be able to add "kickass tanks" to the USSCCI store.  ^-^))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 23, 2020, 03:09:33 am »

Can I repair my base if I don't do anything else while I try to sell the kangaroo this turn?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 23, 2020, 03:14:41 am »

You get to repair one building for free if you send the kangaroo off, but sending it to someone takes your turn.

Also note that damaged buildings still work, it's just that they provide less containment, and might be destroyed in another escape.  So theoretically you could just repair one and send it off, and then repair another and do something else, and then go for one repair and work on another project, say.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44