Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44

Author Topic: Kaiju-com 2  (Read 55336 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kaiju-com 2
« on: September 11, 2019, 09:52:50 pm »

It is the First of January, 1999.

Over the past six months, Earth has been attacked by several giant creatures.  Some resembling enormous terrestial animals.. giant animals of various kinds, and some resembling no creature on earth, like an enormous flowing mass of worm-like tentacles.

All have caused significant death and destruction.  The only common link is that they have all emerged from the seas of the world, and are suprisingly strong and difficult to destroy.  Conventional armed forces have proven of only limited effectiveness.. capable of killing these giant creatures but not doing so before they do great damage.  The only "victory" was in Gujarat, where a gigantic bobbit worm, covered in frost and surrounded by a raging blizzard, was killed by nuclear fire.

In response to this new threat, many nations of the earth have banded together and decided to fund a number of organizations for the "Investigation and development of military capabilities for combating these 'Kaiju' which threaten the Earth."

You are in charge of one of these organizations.

Perks are, (choose one of the following)

Business: More money.  Sometimes it's all you need.
Military: Better feedback on combat equipment.
Black Market: More stuff available on the black market, occasional "Special Deals".
Political: Improved relations with the council of funding nations.
Intelligence: Better information gathering capabilities.

Also.. maybe you are not in charge of one of these organizations.  With the advent of the seemingly impossible Kaiju, a number of individuals have emerged into public view.  They are generally collectively termed "Mad Scientists."

Now while mad scientists are, for various personal reasions, more or less incapable of leading whole organizations, they can still accomplish many things.  As such, they may be valuable, if independant, allies to the various anti-Kaiju organizations.  Perhaps you are one of those individuals instead.

Do note that while both categories are quite different, there is some overlap.  Conventional organizations will do lots of research, and mad scientists will be capable of making things.  Both are going to be necessary to accomplish victory.

(Thanks to Nirur Torir.)

Spoiler: Armoury (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Boats (click to show/hide)

Finally, this game now has a Discord Channel.
I'm not usually available on it, being mostly on IRC, but I will check it relatively often for questions and such.

List of battles:

Laser Spider, Bangladesh
Missile Lobster, Newcastle, Australia
Tripod Donkey, Kota Bharu, Malaysia
Shard Rex, Taranto, Italy
Sonic Armadillo, New York, United States
Artillery Wulf, Chiclayo, Peru
Sphere, Tampa, United States
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 02:46:25 am by Devastator »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Kaiju-Com 2
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 10:05:34 pm »

Name: Dr. Bill Pelican
Name of Mad Science Building Type: Chamber of Random Stabbing
Origin of funding: Chain of android strip clubs.
Flavor text: A balding man with thick glasses, robot arms, and several restraining orders; Bill Pelican is here for the hedonistic fun of inventing a crotch mounted chainsaw while high on ketamine.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 10:18:46 pm by piecewise »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 10:38:04 pm »

Anti-Kaiju Organization
Name: “Coke” Knights
Perks: Black Market
Starting Base Location: Peru
Flavor Text: A banded military industry organization that has helped “redirect” drug cartels, and is now utilizing the kaiju threat to achieve economical wealth to a ludicrous degree even with its questionable history.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 01:07:45 am »

Name of your organization: Emerald Robin
Perk: Intel
Starting Base Location: Greece
Flavor Text: Emerald Robin exists to ensure the survival of humanity by any means. Information is power; no threat can be fought effectively without understanding.
It is apparently lead by a young girl with emerald-green hair and a ballcap emblazoned "O5". The meaning of this is unknown. Emilia Rosencrantz
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 05:48:57 am by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 01:54:25 am »

Name of your organization: Ares Development and Defense (ADD)
Perk: Business
Starting Base Location: Los Alamos, New Mexico
Flavor Text: Ares Development and Defense (Formally Ares Arms Incorporated) is a government contractor that got its start as an arms manufacturer. After a certain scandal, a PMC group is was bleeding money leaving it vulnerable to being purchased and brought under the Ares umbrella leading to an extensive rebranding campaign and an expansion into defense contracting. It’s newest acquisitions have been in the field of research, with the new wave of mad scientists providing valuable products that ADD has decided to invest in.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 07:31:03 am »

Name: Lord Silver
Mad Science Machine: Evil Physics Lab
Origin of funding: Swiss Bank Account filled from being a 'former' evil genius.
Flavor text: Once, Lord Silver mustered the forces known as E.vil V.iolent E.xtreme L.ords, or EVIL for short, and sought to threaten the very world itself with destruction if it did not give in. His legion of minions was vast, his death rays powerful, his mutated monsters spread chaos, and his primary evil lieutenant known only as Dr Doom was a major threat to everything peaceful in and of himself. It was not to be. The forces of good and light rallied and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat at the last minute (with only a succession of major earthquakes left behind from the attempt to crack the world in half.) Thus, defeated and even temporarily captured by the forces of good before being broke out, Lord Silver faded into history, his final victory denied.

Of course, he was plotting a come back, but this time the forces of good and wholesomeness were on the watch for him, making it very difficult for even an evil mastermind to properly set up a new evil organization. That's when the first giant monster arrived, heralding a new threat that seems destined to destroy the world. In other words, competition. And competition was made for being ruthlessly crushed.

Thus, temporarily putting his schemes to create a new evil organization aside as to escape being recognized by the forces of justice that still seek him, Lord Silver created the technology firm known as the Wicked Science Firm and set out to, ugh, aid the forces of good and the status quo in dealing with this threat so the world would still be there for him to take over afterwards.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 06:20:31 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 08:11:30 am »

Name of your organization: USSCCI, colloquially and internally known as "Mordecai's Miles"
Perk: Military
Starting Base Location: Tampa, Florida.
Flavor Text: When the Kaiju threat first became apparent, but before its sheer scale was properly understood, governments across the world created many projects to study the aggressors.  The blandly-named USSCCI was the US's attempt.  Helmed by a severely unpopular USAF general and based near a major USAF base despite officially being a unified project, USSCCI was plagued by factional warfare from the moment of its conception.  This resulted in mission goals and even parameters changing almost constantly, which was paralyzing for the organization; unsurprisingly, it failed to produce any tangible results before most of its funding and support evaporated, which has left the organization as a whole desperate.  Securing funding from the newly-formed global council of nations is its last hope of survival, though its leaders remain optimistic that their increased autonomy will allow them to reverse the organization's long trend of failure.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 10:30:48 am »

Mad Scientist
Name:Ashley Flare
Name of Mad Science Macine:  Biology lab
Origin of funding: Selling plants
Flavor text: Ashley is a blonde haired woman who spends most of her time underground. Because of this, she has augmented herself to be able to hear infrasound and ultrasound. She spends her time trying to learn about various parasites, perhaps some of them can infect these Kaiju she hears so much about?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 03:59:28 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2019, 11:35:58 am »

Mad Scientist
Name: Dr. Rob Oson
Name of Mad Science Building Type: Polus Inc.(Political Lobbying Firm)
Origin of funding: Political Dark Money
Flavor text: Polus Inc. is a political lobbying organization which pushes for increased governmental action in the Kaiju threat, left wing classical liberal policies, and progressive economics.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2019, 04:36:44 pm »

Mad Scientist
Name: Dr. Rob Oson
Name of Mad Science Building Type: Polus Inc.(Political Lobbying Firm)
Origin of funding: Political Dark Money
Flavor text: Polus Inc. is a political lobbying organization which pushes for increased governmental action in the Kaiju threat, left wing classical liberal policies, and progressive economics.

Should we be concerned that the guy with the same name and job as you is funded by dark money?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2019, 04:42:06 pm »

Ha ha. I'm neither a lobbyist nor can Democrats really get dark money. Much too much touting of their donors on the blue team for that. At least, in my state that seems the case.

But in the context of this game, yes, be very afraid.  ;D

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2019, 05:48:35 pm »

Mad Scientist
Name: Heinz Doofenshmirtz
Mad Science Machine: The Un-giant-Inator!
Origin of funding: Sale of odd household products that nobody needs with silly infomercials in which humanity seems far clumsier than ordinary.
Flavor text: You may be wondering, 'why are you moving away from your typical evil-doing towards kaiju fighting instead?' well, it all started last wednesday- and can you believe that, you'd think it would be spelled 'Wensday' with how it's pronounced- I'm getting off track, anyway. So I had decided to re-open my old Bratwurst business, you should have seen it, I had a big fancy cart like all those modern day hotdog vendors and everything, when all of a sudden, a giant foot comes out of nowhere a-and just crushes the whole thing, all of it! I lost so much bratwurst that day, my whole stock it-it's unbelievable really. So I figured, if the monsters where smaller, they wouldn't be able to step on my stuff. Anyway here we are now.

(no, no I could not resist)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 08:39:39 pm by Failbird105 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2019, 05:58:41 pm »

Mad Scientist
Name: Heinz Doofenshmirtz
Name of Mad Science Building Type: Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated
Origin of funding: Sale of odd household products that nobody needs with silly infomercials in which humanity seems far clumsier than ordinary.
Flavor text: You may be wondering, 'why are you moving away from your typical evil-doing towards kaiju fighting instead?' well, it all started last wednesday- and can you believe that, you'd think it would be spelled 'Wensday' with how it's pronounced- I'm getting off track, anyway. So I had decided to re-open my old Bratwurst business, you should have seen it, I had a big fancy cart like all those modern day hotdog vendors and everything, when all of a sudden, a giant foot comes out of nowhere a-and just crushes the whole thing, all of it! I lost so much bratwurst that day, my whole stock it-it's unbelievable really. Anyway here we are now.

(no, no I could not resist)
Wonderful, I love ththis show. Of course you can't let Kaiju destroy the TriState Area, that's YOUR area to rule over!!!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2019, 06:12:18 pm »

Name of your organization: Happytime Atrocities Inc.
Perk: Political
Starting Base Location: Hong Kong
Flavor Text: Dave Betterman knows you're alarmed by the looming threat of apocalypse. Dave Betterman knows this issue is endangering your profits and complicating your re-election efforts. Dave Betterman pledges to solve these scary problems for you through any and every means necessary. Trust in Dave Betterman at Happytime Atrocities Inc. and rest easy today.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2019, 07:05:56 pm »

Name of your organization: Happytime Atrocities Inc.
Perk: Political
Starting Base Location: Hong Kong
Flavor Text: Dave Betterman knows you're alarmed by the looming threat of apocalypse. Dave Betterman knows this issue is endangering your profits and complicating your re-election efforts. Dave Betterman pledges to solve these scary problems for you through any and every means necessary. Trust in Dave Betterman at Happytime Atrocities Inc. and rest easy today.
I don’t know why but this gives me Wellington Wells vibes
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44