Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44

Author Topic: Kaiju-com 2  (Read 55355 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2019, 05:43:27 am »

I'll fund you if you can invent some kind of infantry rifle that is a real danger to Kaiju.  Or if you can invent a suit that gives infantry the speed/armor to not all die to the first Kaiju attack.

Invent stuff that'll let me kill big monster with little mans, is what I'm saying.
How about: Making the monsters small enough to be killed by little mans?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2019, 12:28:34 am »

Spoiler: Armoury (click to show/hide)

Turn 1 to follow.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 02:02:40 am by Devastator »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kaiju-Com 2. January Purchase.
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2019, 12:30:09 am »

In order to hopefully perserve my sanity, there will be two turns per game month.  The first turn will be called "Purchase", and cover purchases, research, and construction.

The second turn will be called "Action", and cover actions performed by the players, missions against Kaiju, etc.  For mad scientists, they can do more research this turn instead.

Bidding for purchases is done by a closed bidding system, where all players submitting a bid on an item send in one bid by PM.  Highest bid wins the item.  Ties will be resolved randomly.

Reading the basic rules are fine for everyone.  But please, DO NOT READ spoilers for other players, if you are playing!

Now.. on to the actual turn.

Intelligence:
The council has made a prediction that the next Kaiju attack will occur at the end of this month.
A military contractor has announced a new type of cruise missile that will hopefully be able to defeat the next Kaiju.
Clean water has been reported to be fully available at refugee camps in India.

A lead scientist has offered services to the anti-kaiju organizations, and has agreed to work for the next three months (6 turns) for the highest bidder among them.

Black Market: (globally available)
Schematics for vehicle-mounted smoke generators are up for bid.
A large supply of depleted uranium rounds for small arms are available this month.  It's enough to equip a few infantry units for several missions.

All organizations start with two kaiju parts.  1x skin, and 1x muscle.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 10:00:59 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, January Purchases.
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2019, 11:35:54 am »

Small Lab: research Laser Technicals.
Buy: 2x Infantry Platoon (51801 Jeweled Magpies, 51802 Jeweled Magpies).
Build: Barracks.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 04:08:49 am by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2019, 11:50:40 am »

Kaiju come from somewhere other than Earth, maybe they can be affected by poisons/venom? I need to get more money before collecting Kaiju parts, so the parasite experiments will have to wait
Research Toxins

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2019, 12:02:54 pm »

Dr. Oson looks out from his high rise lobbying firm, Polus Inc. Atop the tall futuristic building sits a command dome overlooking the city, then the ocean. He takes a long drag from his e-cigar, adding a modern twist to the faint haze of the room, reminiscent a 1930's noir political drama he had seen once. It was time to get to work.

Buy: Artillery Piece (If we get funds in time)

Research: Governmental Contracts

Spoiler: GM Eyes Only (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 12:29:49 pm by Roboson »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2019, 12:07:32 pm »

Well, if I'm going to make a moster shrinking ray, I may as well star with a regular laser.
Research energy beams

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2019, 12:14:39 pm »

Infantry weapons that are a threat to Kaiju eh? That rules out anything conventional. Really much of anything that relies on brute destructive force. Humans are far too squishy to fire rail guns or anything like that. We need to get more devious. More potentially world ending.

Research: Prions

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2019, 12:15:20 pm »

Always remember, everyone! It is glorious to die serving humanity!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2019, 01:41:22 pm »

Spoiler: Itemized list (click to show/hide)

ADD Memo for Public Release:

Here at ADD we work hard to provide consumers with the most high-quality security solutions available today with the technology of tomorrow! To that end, we have equipped a crack platoon from our private military contractor wing with heavy weapons and artillery to allow them to engage the modern threats we see on the battlefield. While other organizations have been contracted for this mission, Ares is currently leading in troop output and mobility.

Investments are being made into the "Jager" line of super-heavy tanks, starting with the procurement and construction of suitable research facilities. Blueprints for this design focus on maximizing firepower, in a concept that we describe as a "land battleship" capable of taking any land-based target. We understand investor concerns of the limited mobility of such a weapon, and have prepared a "sister ship" design in the form of a large zeppelin "Jagdhund" capable of delivering this weapon system in a timely manner. Work on said designs is not likely to begin until next quarter.

In the mean time, we work with time-proven technology that has already shown that it is capable of eliminating the enemy while being deployed swiftly. ADD has been working tirelessly to receive council approval to deploy man-portable nuclear weapons based on designs such as the famous Davy Crockett weapon system, to allow even infantry soldiers to engage enemy systems. With the comparatively low yield of smaller weaponry and ADD's citified radiation clean-up units, the damage to infrastructure should be minimized compared to missile, air, or artillery deployed models of similar nature. Current designs are working on the "Underdog-01" recoiless nuclear weapon system, to be deployed on funding and approval.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2019, 03:06:47 pm »

Just laying out your plans to the public like that? How... indiscreet.
Also, careful. People get awfully touchy about things like tactically deploying nuclear weapons. Even if it's for the greater good...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 02:39:29 pm by Egan_BW »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2019, 04:53:01 pm »

Just laying out your plans to the public like that? How... indescrete.
Also, careful. People get awfully touchy about things like tactically deploying nuclear weapons. Even if it's for the greater good...

Public Twitter response (Corporate account)

ADD's current corporate policy assumes that contract holders will work together in the benefit of humanity, and as such releasing information for our investors is paramount. It is unlikely that the targets have any meaningful intelligence network that must be avoided. We assure our customers that our companies use of nuclear weaponry is done as safely and cleanly as possible.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2019, 04:55:51 pm »

Ashley Flare spent a night going around placing posters on the walls of buildings

Ashley Flare Biology Based Anti Kaiju Measures

I am working on developing toxins for use in fighting Kaiju. I need Kaiju parts before I can start breeding parasites for them
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 06:38:22 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2019, 05:53:21 pm »

Sticky note stuck to a random wall in ADD offices:

Please don't repost private emails to the world wide web. It's terrible operational security.

((Also, reminder that it's 1999 :P ))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2019, 06:34:34 pm »

Sticky note stuck to a random wall in ADD offices:

Please don't repost private emails to the world wide web. It's terrible operational security.

((Also, reminder that it's 1999 :P ))
Oh, someone used Twitter so I got confused. I will edit the communication method to be more in line with the time
Now it is a poster
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 06:38:51 pm by Naturegirl1999 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44