Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44

Author Topic: Kaiju-com 2  (Read 55378 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, January Purchases.
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2019, 06:43:10 am »

Oh, we're doing RP?  Ehhh...

Quote from: Memo from USSCCI
As the sole military organization at the forefront of ending the Kaiju threat, USSCCI intends to share information and advice on the various weapons systems currently available on the market.

Simply put, infantry and artillery are the most valuable units available.  Infantry, while vulnerable, weak, and slow, are cheap to field, and extremely resilient for their price.  They will not deal substantial damage to Kaiju, but will deal some, and will more importantly serve to attract and distract the creatures.  Artillery, on the other hand, is simply the most cost efficient way to damage the creatures, and can easily be adapted to fire any special munitions we develop.  If kaiju are allowed to approach artillery, there will be substantial losses, but in such a scenario it is unlikely that we will be capable of stopping the creature regardless of what units we field.

Secondary units are tanks, and MRLS vehicles.  Tanks are far more resilient and likely to survive sustained attacks, while contributing a relevant degree of damage.  MRLS, while substantially more expensive than artillery, are more capable of manuever, and less vulnerable to direct attack.  Such vehicles are secondary priorities at best, and are not within our budgets to field in significant numbers.

Most all other units are a waste of time and money.  Technicals are one of the worst offenders, being almost strictly inferior to infantry, along with helicopters of any kind, which are inferior to planes.  Both are cheaper alternatives, but they lose too much capability to justify their cost.  A priority research subject would be to develop an affordable light vehicle of similar mobility and weaponry to the technical, but with some degree of resilience and armor; provided with improved weaponry, this would result in an extremely functional unit.

Additional research subjects of interest are munitions that can be fired from artillery, and lightweight weapons that can be carried by infantry or small vehicles.  Heavier technologies will be substantially more difficult to field expediently, and we really have no information on what types of weaponry will be most effective against kaiju.

As the primary bottleneck to fielding large forces will always be our aeriel lifting capacity, and at this point in time it is difficult to say what research avenues will result in better weaponry, USSCCI is currently focusing on the construction of improved aircraft.  It is our intent that this technology will be shared publically, for the good of mankind.

USSCCI will begin construction of a large lab, so that I can actually follow through on that "research planes" promise.  -.-

Additionally, purchase two artillery units, and a single infantry unit.

For research, reverse engineer artillery, so that they can be constructed within workshops rather than purchased.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2019, 12:30:41 am »

"Happy Atrocities Inc. would like to make its appreciation for the bright young minds of tomorrow known. Your selfless pursuit of ruthless biological warfare gives us hope for a brighter future and lucrative research contracts."

Hire Infantry Platoon (-50)
Purchase Modern Tank (-250)
Research improved equipment for harvesting or transporting Kaiju samples (-20, small lab)
[Budget Cuts]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 01:18:46 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2019, 03:07:38 pm »

(Mad scientists and kaiju intel to follow tomorrow.)

Spoiler: Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stirk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadowclaw777 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Irony Owl (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 05:16:32 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2019, 05:54:52 pm »

Nobody wanted that DU ammo? Well, okay, I got them for a 1!
Laser Technicals get! Cost 75, effectiveness untested!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2019, 10:45:38 pm »

Spoiler: Naturegirl1999 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roboson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Piecewise (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Happerry (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

The next Kaiju is expected to make landfall from a similar location to the last one, albeit on the opposite side of the subcontinent.  Perhaps in Bangladesh or Myanmar.

It's composition is largely unknown, but it is suspected of having powerful special abilities, as it is similar in size and overall power to the smaller of the more recent Kaiju.  It is still enormous, however.

Please list what you are sending, the name of your organization, and any battle tactics you wish to use.  Same if you are doing any actions unrelated to the Kaiju attack.  (eg, mad scientists)

Also note that two small units may fit in a medium space.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 02:33:36 am by Devastator »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2019, 11:35:09 pm »

Er, question.

Comparing the original status post for Lord Silver...

Spoiler: Lord Silver (click to show/hide)
To the newest one...
Spoiler: Happerry (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actual question (click to show/hide)
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2 January Actions
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2019, 11:37:03 pm »

Er, question.
Spoiler: Actual question (click to show/hide)

That's correct.  Income gives you money every other turn.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:24:09 am by Devastator »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, January Actions
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2019, 01:06:02 am »

Happytime Atrocities Inc. Deployment Report
Air transport carrying our shiny new tank and the infantry platoon.
Tank is to stay mobile and out of the enemy's reach if possible. Battle is expected to be one of attrition, so behave accordingly.
Platoon is there as support staff, not primary combatants. If they think they can do something useful, sure, go for it. Otherwise their job is to assist the tank if necessary and harvest whatever's left after the fact.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2019, 01:15:10 am »

Private message to ADD
I need to figure out how deadly my toxin is. Below is the experiment I’m performing this month as a start to figuring out the best dosing method. This will not be the only experiment I’m doing, just the first. Maybe eventually I can create proteins that produce this toxin, genes that produce the proteins, creatures that can dig inside Kaiju and release the toxins into their bodies. They can reproduce within the Kaiju until the toxins kill the hosts, then we can collect the parasites in the Kaiju parts, so we can give them more hosts, more Kaiju. But there must always be a first step, the first question is what is the best way to give the toxins? This will influence the traits I will select for in the future Parasite Breeding program.
figure out the median lethal dose (LD50) of my new toxins, on the largest species of animal I can get 300 of. They will be divided into 3 groups of 100. Group A gets 10 mg ingested, group B gets 10 mg inhaled, group C gets 10 mg absorbed through the skin. If no deaths occur within a day, add 10 more mg to each group the same way as before, A always ingesting the toxin, B always inhaling the toxin, C always absorbing the toxin. Continue waiting a day before administering 10 mg. Record the amount of deaths by day and dose for each group. Each group getting a line. Dosage on the y axis, percent dead on the x axis. Continue until 50% of deaths are reached in each of the three groups. Compare LD50 numbers for each group to determine which mode of dosing produced the lowest LD50 and which produced the highest LD50.

Best regards, Ashley Flare
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 01:17:29 am by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2019, 06:52:07 am »

Dr. Unpleasant continues to sit in his Abandoned factory super high tech lab, and work on his hallucinogens.
Keep working on the powerful hallucinogens.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2019, 08:51:08 am »

Okay, solid energy weapon, good base for an inator. But there needs to be more, Heinz Doofenshmirtz don't do 'zap them with a laser'-inators.
Keep the blueprints for later use, but upgrade the current cannon to deconstruct the target into bricks of its component elements.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2019, 09:54:12 am »

”Coke Knights”:
Air Transport deploys the current Artillery Piece and Infantry Squad, the squad stays near the kaiju’s position to get access to the harvesting of the corpse at the end while blasting it with mortars and recoiled rifles (totally a viable strategy), while the Artilllery Piece maintains radio with the Platoon to continuously bombard the Kaiju from maximum projectile distance.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 08:28:32 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2019, 11:03:10 am »

So it begins.

Deploy the 51801 & 51802 Jeweled Magpies infantry platoons to engage the threat. Equip both with a unit of DU small arms ammo.
51801 and 51802 are to engage the threat aggressively!

Send 1 unit of DU small arms ammo to USSCCI to take advantage of their capability for gaining intel on new arms.
Additionally send 1 unit of DU small arms ammo to any organization deploying infantry in combat in the upcoming fight.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 08:18:18 pm by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2019, 11:03:54 am »

”Coke Knights:
Air Transport deploys the current Artillery Piece and Infantry Squad, the squad stays near the kaiju’s position to get access to the harvesting of the corpse at the end, while the Artilllery Piece maintains radio with the Platoon to continuously bombard the end my
Your what?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2019, 11:29:24 am »

Dear trusted allies:

We have recently acquired a supply of enhanced, Depleted-Uranium ammunition for small arms for a very reasonable price. Given the upcoming kaiju threat, we'll we willing to share as many rounds as you're willing to fire. Combat effectiveness is untested, of course, but this is a good opportunity to create data. I'm sure that we'll all need as many edges as possible for the fight ahead.

-ER
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44