Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44

Author Topic: Kaiju-com 2  (Read 55784 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, January Actions
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2019, 12:52:46 am »

USSCCI will deploy their artillery a short distance to... either side of wherever the other factions' artillery is being blobbed.  If there is no such location, deploy them wherever the predicted path of the Kaiju is.  Keep them one range category apart from each other, or at least far enough that a kaiju would need to do some walking to stomp on both.

Infantry will be deployed near maximum range of the artillery, in the direction of the ocean.  Failing that, deploy them to whatever vantage points are available, so they can direct artillery fire.  Oh, and accept ER's gift of DU ammo; USSCCI will be sure to send information on its effectiveness once it is available.

((Oh, heads up, artillery is sold to us at-cost.  Even if you reverse engineer it and build artillery yourself, it will be no cheaper.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kaiju-Com 2, Battle of Chittagong.
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2019, 02:22:04 am »

The battle of Bangladesh

The alert goes off.. it turns out to be Bangladesh.  Landfall is apparently going for just south of Chittagong, and the crews scramble.  Fortunately, the nearby airport allows for quick landings and deployment of the friendly forces.  Unfortunately, at least for you, you are the first responders.. you arrive shortly after the kaiju climbs out onto the beach, and has only spent a few minutes ashore.

It is in the shape of a collosal spider.  One of the bulky ones, such as a birdeater, although where you'd expect to see hairs and other sensory organs, there is only the thick blue skin found on all Kaiju to date.  Eyes are visible, as are large, odd pedialps, apparently capable of great movement in many directions.

Not long after it lands, however, you do see one change.  Something is unfurling from where you'd expect to see a web.  It is sort of like a web, but it is imprecise to see from this direction.

As the defenders maneuver for better positioning and trying to anticipate everything before engaging, something unexpected occurs.  Those large pedialps move upwards.. and are seen to aim towards the defenders.  In the blink of an eye, it happens.  Two enormous laser beams sweep out, one from each pedialp, and attack two seperate targets!  One strikes the Ares Defense artillery, and demolishes it instantly.  The other shot, sweeps towards one of the USSCI's artillery pieces, but a high whine is heard and the beam is not quite as well focused.  The cannon immediately becomes quite hot, but it remains functional, for now at least.

Although suprised by the unexpected laser strikes, the Kaiju organizations aren't entirely surprised.  The artillery speaks out, and return fire is given.  Rounds strike the colossal spider, and thrum off its thick blue hide.. seemingly dealing no damage save for perhaps discolouring it in places.

The Happytime Atrocities tank, and the Coke Knights and Emerald Robin infantry units begin moving to their effective ranges.  They'll get slaughtered for nothing if they don't get in fast.

The Kaiju, seemingly content with the tactical situation, turns its pedialps a little and opens fire on the artillery which fired at it.  This time, perhaps not knowing how unlikely the survival of one piece was, both lasers are shot at the same target, the undamaged USSCI artillery piece, which is practially vaporized.

The surviving battery members open fire again, hopeing this time they will hit a vulnerable spot, or cumulative damage will result in some effect.  The shells hit once more, doing little.  However, the tank finishes off the salvo, firing on the run, and its shell goes through, hitting the cephalothorax, and exploding inside the creature.  It's visibly shaken by the wound.

In response to the threat, the spider turns its body almost too quickly to be believed, and bears both lasers on the tank.  The first beam is nearly avoided, only making contact with the tank at the end of its duty cycle, visibly drawing sparks and causing minor damage, but the second one is dead on target, and it leaves behind a mostly slagged wreck.  This shot was tuned to explode in an instant, rather than go for a continual beam like the normal ones.  All the while, the legs work hard to charge the remaining vehicles and troops.

To follow things up, the web swings out, trying to cover as many units as possible.  The close range infantry can't help but be covered by it, but it can only hit one of the two vehicles.. the previously lucky USSCI artillery is the unlucky one.

The web is some kind of powered, articulated wire.  It's strong enough to shred through most cover and deals significant casulties to the three attacking platoons, one of which is almost wiped out.

At this point, there is one surviving artillery piece and three platoons which are engaging.  The other ones, with orders to act as support troops, pull back to try and remain hidden.

The Coke Knight's unit, the last surviving vehicle on the battlefield, strikes the next blow.  It manages to hit the moving target once more, near the center of the body where the previous rounds landed, and this one was felt.  The creature jerks from this shot, and halts for a moment.

..which is not wasted by the infantry.  A number of explosions erupt again, this time by the various mortars and anti-tank weapons, and something got through.  One leg is wounded, and although this creature has plenty of spares, the loss of blue Kaiju blood from the open wound seems significant.

The creature may have been slowed, but it's still disturbingly fast.  It tries to sweep up and kill one of the remaining groups of infantry physically, with it's legs and body, but the 51801 Jeweled Magpies manage to avoid being crushed.

..They can't, however, evade the still-flailing wires.  Though much slower and weaker, they manage to wipe out one of them, and cause casulties to the remaining two, who only survive through the members who managed to find harder cover.

..and their hopes are dashed with a flash of laser light, as the pedialps have turned around again and blow them to pieces.

The last K-Com unit on the battlefield is the Coke Knight's artillery, which launches one last lonely salvo.  It hits the massive spider, and does so in the left laser, which goes limp and begins leaking more blood and fluids.  Two notches for the artillerymen, if they were to survive long enough to paint them.  Sadly, they do not.

Following the battle, the unengaged support units hold back, and watch the results.  The spider, following the battle, seems to almost stop moving for a good twenty or so minutes.  It then starts moving, but slowly, back and forth, and left and right some, with visible wounds.  It then proceeds towards the city... however, it doesn't reach it.  The time bought, perhaps an extra hour, and the wounds dealt, significant if not fatal, allow it to mostly be stopped.  Several MRLS salvos land, and some well dug in infantry attacks later, the Kaiju is defeated, though not without losses.  For once it was with relatively small damage.

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stirk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ironyowl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadowclaw (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Egan_BW (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 07:57:13 pm by Devastator »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, Battle of Chittagong
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2019, 02:22:54 am »

I will update the mad scientists, and clarify some rules and such in the next day or so.  Feel free to chat, but please, No orders yet.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2019, 09:37:54 am »

I'll take uhhhhh French Dip with curly fries and a small shake please.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2019, 12:01:38 pm »

I'll take uhhhhh French Dip with curly fries and a small shake please.

Would you like to Kaiju size that?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, February Purchases
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2019, 10:01:49 pm »

Mad Scientists:  Note, all mad scientist base incomes have been increased to 12.

Spoiler: Naturegirl 1999 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Piecewise (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Happerry (click to show/hide)

Anti-Kaiju Organizations

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stirk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Irony Owl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadowclaw777 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

The council does not expect a Kaiju attack this month.  It is considered likely there will be one next month.
At the start of next month will be your performance reviews and adjustments to the anti-kaiju organization operating budgets.

Two lead scientists are up for bid this month.  They are both hireable for four-month stints.

The black market has two offers this month:

First, a cut-rate fighter jet is in offer from a mostly-bankrupt state.  It is last generation, similar to the ones from the armoury, but maybe slightly worse due to poor upkeep.  There is a minimum bid of 200.  Upkeep is 1/5 of whatever you bid.

Second, some experimental armour plate samples are being sold off from a tank development project.  This is a limited supply of special armour plates that may or may not be suitable for application to equipment of size small or larger.

Do note that equipment from the BM that requires a hangar may take deferred delivery.  You'll still pay upkeep, but if you don't have a hangar, you can delay delivery until you do have one.  One is required before you can launch it on a mission, though.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 11:22:55 pm by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2019, 10:14:03 pm »

lets see how my poison slime responds to living creatures. Place various creatures in the slime’s container. These creatures will be acquired by me starting a free pest control service, where I collect the various pests from houses in town to take back to my lab

Public Twitter @ADD
Ashley Flare
I have created a toxic slime that moves. I will collect living creatures to see how it responds to them. Maybe it can be trained?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 01:11:34 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2019, 11:26:09 pm »

Spoiler: List! (click to show/hide)

ADD Memo (For Public Release)

The first mission was a success barring the loss of one (1) unit of artillery combating a giant spider. We will return to full operational capacity next month, to save on machine upkeep during downtime. Research into the Underdog-01 is ongoing and expected to be fielded by 2002, baring policy changes in the meantime. Preliminarily research into the Jager has begun. We are working to research the structure of our enemy to better create large structures as our own, with the possibility of utilizing Kaiju parts in the construction in order to decrease cost, increase efficiency, and utilize all available resources.

ADD SR&D Department has been receiving an increased cut of the budget. We are planning on implementing notes and machinery based off of those found in many Mad Scientist labs across the world. This should lead to an increase efficiency without the unpredictable nature of mad science impeding progress, allowing us to have the best of both worlds. Implementation and budgeting will take some time.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2019, 11:35:18 pm »

Public Twitter @ADD
Is it possible to send some Kaiju parts so I can see how my new toxic creature responds to them?

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2019, 11:53:41 pm »

Spoiler: Production Quota (click to show/hide)

AOL Instant Messenger (Main Thread)

We can provide hypermodern depleted uranium rounds for tank ammunition for any willing offers, they will be exchanged in the following month in the exchange price of 35 credits. We can also provide willing test subjects through our private military volunteer sector, they can be utilize for legal human research, can be used for bioengineering research, and come in batches. Bidding and transfer through your preference of open or private offers.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 06:51:05 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2019, 11:58:44 pm »

Public Twitter @ADD
Is it possible to send some Kaiju parts so I can see how my new toxic creature responds to them?

ADD corporate sticky note attached to whatever Twitter is:

We here at ADD believe in utilizing our resources as efficiently as possible. As Kaiju parts are considered valuable due to their current scarcity in addition to near-future pratical application projections, we believe that throwing them to a toxic creature would be an ineffective use of this resource as it is likely to destroy them without any significant gain. We suggest a live-fire exercise against the next attack, as real-world condition field tests are the most practical kind deep in a product's development.

If there is any reason you believe that it would be more beneficial to test your* toxic creature on dead tissue rather than a live subject please refer your request to the SR&D department.

*Any product or creature made under our contract is considered to be the property of ADD, this statement is not meant to apply ownership elsewhere- ADD Legal.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2019, 12:01:14 am »

To ADD
Yes, live subjects would be better, you mentioned live human volunteers?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2019, 12:20:38 am »

To ADD
Yes, live subjects would be better, you mentioned live human volunteers?

ADD legal team (Official-looking fax)

God no we did not. They meant testing it on the Kaiju. ADD does not directly work with human test subjects except when mandated for medical testing. Throwing people at your toxin is begging for a lawsuit.

ADD cares deeply for its employees and will NEVER offer them up as mad scientist test subjects.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2019, 12:38:10 am »

Ok, understood

Next month I will send the creature after Kaiju
For now, I will feed it with mice and rabbits and such

Addendum: “and such” means any other non human animals I can get that are not owned by anyone
“For now” means this month since no Kaiju attacks are predicted this month, the coming month, I will send it after the Kaiju if possible
No humans will be harmed
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 01:07:05 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2019, 01:20:30 am »

Hmm I don’t know the emails of everyone in town...
*places sticky notes on the doors of all of the houses in town that says the following:*
Ashley Flare Free Pest Control Call 876-4334 or email AshleyFlare@gmail.com with pest information
(This is not a real email address I don’t think, this is flavortext to coincide with my action)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 01:30:42 am by Naturegirl1999 »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44