Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44

Author Topic: Kaiju-com 2  (Read 55346 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, May Purchases.
« Reply #300 on: January 15, 2020, 04:48:19 am »

So somehow I completely missed around a page and a half of posts. Sorry for not responding on the Death Ray truck thing.

So anyone interested in buying me 'Death Ray Truck, 2015 Edition. (Basic Disrupting Death Ray) Small.'? It hovers now! My upkeep is currently 120/month so I'll need more then that to turn any profit on a deal.

We would appreciate a response to our offer (restate: 320) at your earliest convenience, as we must budget funds and space for next month.
@Happery willing to make the offer go all the way to 325 for that Death Ray Truck, since it’s experimental technology and helped with that second lab to be run.

I'm willing to sell it to either of you, though if Shadowclaw is going to offer more I of course will go with the highest Bidder, but really 5 more isn't that much so I can sell it to either of you, whichever is best for the anti-Kaiju efforts.

Also yes it can deploy itself.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 18, 2020, 11:01:16 am »

Just a reminder to bold text anything you're sending or not sending, such as the money and items above.

Will try to update this tomorrow.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 18, 2020, 01:22:44 pm »

I had raised my offer to 350, so I guess that means I get the truck~

Spoiler: TLDR: (click to show/hide)

Ares Monthly Report Memo for Public Release
Our Mad Scientist assistance program has attempted to place a substantial bid on a new weapon in order to prevent a repeat of last months performance. Should this bid go though, our mercenaries will be trained with its use and deployed with the powerful weapon as soon as the next threat shows its head. Purchases of further air support are being considered in the case our new acquisition is destroyed and no suitable Mad Scientist replacement can be purchased. Research into both projects is on schedule. We continue to be interested in acquiring any Mad Scientist produced weaponry and materiel, and have invested part of our budget into future purchases and investments. Should you have anything you wish to sell please contact your nearest ADD representative and name your price. Should no offers arrive, we will attempt to acquire more firepower in the form of air support to assist with the stopgap measures until our long-term projects near completion.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 18, 2020, 01:26:10 pm »

If you guys are still negotiating, I can give you more time.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 20, 2020, 07:50:36 pm »

Sell truck to Kirk for 350 Moneybucks
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, May Actions
« Reply #305 on: January 25, 2020, 01:41:55 pm »

Spoiler: Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadowclaw777 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stirk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 03:33:45 pm by Devastator »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 25, 2020, 04:28:44 pm »

Well the car killed a bunch of my guys and feeds on the blood of the innocent.

Anyone have any idea how to keep this thing from escaping custody?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 25, 2020, 04:34:20 pm »

You can still deploy it safely, btw.

Just.. you might have trouble when it comes back.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 25, 2020, 06:01:18 pm »

Wow. Vampire death ray truck. That's new!

I have no idea how to contain its power.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 25, 2020, 06:36:31 pm »

It's not impossible.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 25, 2020, 06:51:25 pm »

Wow. Vampire death ray truck. That's new!

I have no idea how to contain its power.

Maybe that is how he got it to fly.

In either case, if I keep it in my base another month it is liable to escape.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 25, 2020, 07:13:48 pm »

Well... get the council to send you criminals to keep it sated or research a new building? Do mundane security structures prevent escapes or only guard against external threats?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 25, 2020, 07:21:15 pm »

Do mundane security structures prevent escapes or only guard against external threats?
They help against such, yes.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 25, 2020, 07:30:04 pm »

Well... get the council to send you criminals to keep it sated or research a new building? Do mundane security structures prevent escapes or only guard against external threats?

I didn’t expect I’d have to prevent escape attempts from a truck. I won’t have time to build or research anything, but I can trade it off to a more secure location under the optimistic assumption it survives the mission.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 25, 2020, 07:42:34 pm »

That's mad science for you.  Awesome powers, but strong tendacies to utterly destroy all human life.

BTW, if you deploy it under your banner, it can only return to your base, unless you tell it not to come back as part of your deployment orders.  If you want to transfer it to someone else, it won't get deployed this turn.  If it survives with orders to come back, it'll very likely go on another rampage, which will either cause more damage, or cause more damage and it'll escape.

Plus you're not sure who can handle it, because someone has to contain it at the end of the month.

Thirdly.. transferring dangerous mad science is only safe in the presence of a mad scientist.  It's easier to just take it from place to place than to keep it locked up, but an escape is still possible, and the damages you've suffered make it more likely.

How it works is that each person who owns it has to roll to contain it.  This applies to mad scientists too.. they can have escapes.  If you're simply transferring it, it's an easier check than if you're going to keep it in your base.  Mad scientists autopass all transfer attempts.

In general, larger and more developed bases are more secure, but security buildings are the only sure ways to improve the security of your base.

Yes, you can research mobile units or equipment that add security as well as extra security buildings, if you so want.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44