Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44

Author Topic: Kaiju-com 2  (Read 55709 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, June Purchases
« Reply #360 on: March 22, 2020, 01:09:23 am »

I know what I need now. I need mad scientist designed melee weapons which drink the blood of their victims to heal the wielder.
Offer is... 200 bucks per turn you spend on it, plus whatever kaiju bits I can process, plus 8 human prisoners if that helps. :3

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 22, 2020, 02:38:09 am »

Lord Silver continues to plot mayhem on innocent aquatic life by way of developing an upgrade kit that can be used on large and slow submarines to make them go lots faster, ideally through the super-cavitation principle though he's open to considering other options. If they're eviler.

Lord Silver will also attend to upgrading his base this phase, adding some Reinforced Hallways and upgrading his Medium Lab Zone into a Large Lab Zone.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 22, 2020, 02:55:44 am »

Sorry Happerry, just one action per turn.  Build one building or research one item.

(I cut you a bit of slack with the damaged building, because it seems like too much punishment to waste a full turn on repairs, but that doesn't apply to everything.)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 02:57:32 am by Devastator »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 22, 2020, 03:17:20 am »

though I'm unlikely to do so right now because I have both a good bit of money and only two large workshops.

Though I'd appreciate it if you invested in my airforce production abilities instead, I promise to make lots of cool planes for you.
Which is it and sell me on it. I'm still leaning towards crab-tanks with a unit of cat-infantry for collection bonuses, but I'm also rolling in dosh and hesitant to go terribly hard on conventional forces.

Speaking of which: My second dissection lab is up, and I have one turn remaining on researching Giant Hangars that can only support aquatic units. This will allow me to finally store my fancy terrible submarine which I intend to pay deranged eggheads to upgrade.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 22, 2020, 04:23:34 am »

Basically, I can afford to build two combat planes this turn only because I got the extra pay for damaging the Kaiju.  Since I was the only one to destroy a building, I don't expect to keep a high income.  However, if I have reason to believe I'll have customers who can offset the cost of producing planes, I can build more workshops and have a higher plane output, without needing to worry about fielding them and doing well *myself* before investing in infrastructure.

As for why planes are good, they do more damage than anything else we can field (note how much the fighters did in the last combat) while requiring effectively net zero hangar space.  Since they fly to battle, and other units need a transport plane which has the same size as a fighter, they're cheap to store and reuse.  And, hell, even if people don't want to deploy fighters, they still need troop carriers to carry their crab tanks and infantry around the world.  I can provide higher capacity transports at lower cost, using the same facilities as needed for fighters.

Oh, also, I can give you kaiju bits.  I don't have a dissection lab, and don't have spare scientists, so even a fairly poor trade is worth it for me.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 22, 2020, 05:08:58 am »

Being able to pickup a horse is nice and all but what Dr.Unpleasant really wanted is to create an army of hulks that can punch a kaiju's dick off, so he set off again to improve the strength even more, this time seeing if intelligence can be sacrificed to add even more strength.

Also fix the command chamber I don't need people going in there uninvited.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 22, 2020, 12:25:06 pm »

Hrm.  A couple thoughts, after chatting with Dev a bit.

Shadowclaw, I noticed you fielded a forcefield-armored tank.  Is your design adaptable enough that it could protect other units?  I think it'd be immensely effective to make a small-size unit with a forcefield projecter that can be used on other units in a supportive fashion.  Since the unit wouldn't attack on its own, Kaiju shouldn't target it, leaving it only in danger from AoEs.  It'd be fairly survivable, snowball well since smalls are cheap to hold and field, and synergize with pretty much any unit we expect to get shot at.

Stirk, as a reminder, I can produce combat jets for less than half the price of those in the armory.  I can also produce air transports for a lesser discount, though I'm unlikely to do so right now because I have both a good bit of money and only two large workshops.  Also, I am willing to share my designs, though they'll take research time to reverse engineer and I do plan to improve them.

Everyone, the infantry missiles in the black market are pretty meh.  They'd be kinda nice to have if we meet a flying Kaiju, but won't be particularly impactful.   They're cheap, so someone might as well grab them, but they're not worth researching.  The next-gen tank, however, might be great if you can afford it.  Though I'd appreciate it if you invested in my airforce production abilities instead, I promise to make lots of cool planes for you.

Also, I have two more broken T-55s sitting on my base.  They cost 10 to repair.  I may or may not need to get rid of them, but I'm willing to give them away for free to anybody who can take them.  If any mad scientists want one, I'll even repair it, free of charge, though you'll have to wait until the deploy phase for me to send it.  Repairs take time.

Maybe if I don't get any Mad Science offers
Which seems likely >_>
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 22, 2020, 01:43:42 pm »

I could take another person to fill the fifth Mad Science slot, since Yotta's missed a few turns now.  Anyone interested?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 01:49:11 pm by Devastator »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 22, 2020, 01:50:20 pm »

I could take another person to fill the fifth Mad Science slot, since Yotta's missed a few turns now.  Anyone interested?
Very interested. Sheet soon.

Spoiler: application (click to show/hide)

Who wants their own fog to hide artillery? Who wants to hit a Kaiju with bolts of lightning? Knock one over with a cyclone? You've tried the rest, now it's time to throw money and Kaiju parts at Claudia!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 02:25:17 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 22, 2020, 02:34:45 pm »

Here's your sheet.  The extra money is due to the elapsed time from the beginning.  You can do an order for this phase.

Spoiler: NJW2000 (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 22, 2020, 02:47:24 pm »

Basically, I can afford to build two combat planes this turn only because I got the extra pay for damaging the Kaiju.  Since I was the only one to destroy a building, I don't expect to keep a high income.  However, if I have reason to believe I'll have customers who can offset the cost of producing planes, I can build more workshops and have a higher plane output, without needing to worry about fielding them and doing well *myself* before investing in infrastructure.

As for why planes are good, they do more damage than anything else we can field (note how much the fighters did in the last combat) while requiring effectively net zero hangar space.  Since they fly to battle, and other units need a transport plane which has the same size as a fighter, they're cheap to store and reuse.  And, hell, even if people don't want to deploy fighters, they still need troop carriers to carry their crab tanks and infantry around the world.  I can provide higher capacity transports at lower cost, using the same facilities as needed for fighters.
Hm. Ideally I'd intended to switch to aquatic transports, but that's pretty low on the list. Even if I do switch eventually, I'm probably gonna be relying on air movement for a good long while.

To that end, I can probably guarantee I'll want 2-3 fancier air transports, with a decent chance I'll need something else later. When can you deliver, and would it be helpful if I paid in advance?

Oh, also, I can give you kaiju bits.  I don't have a dissection lab, and don't have spare scientists, so even a fairly poor trade is worth it for me.
Sold. Technically I have less need of them than most, but I'd like to keep a varied library on hand. What have you got and what do you want for them?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 22, 2020, 05:12:48 pm »

Begin working on weather manipulation machines that can create low, thick fog capable of (hopefully) hiding units from Kaiju.

Spoiler: NJW2000 (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 22, 2020, 05:15:28 pm »

NJW2000:

I'm assuming you want a deployable vehicle and not a building.  Do you want it to hide itself, or a unit next to it, or a unit at a distance, or every unit in an area?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 22, 2020, 05:22:38 pm »

NJW2000:

I'm assuming you want a deployable vehicle and not a building.  Do you want it to hide itself, or a unit next to it, or a unit at a distance, or every unit in an area?
I'd be happy to start with a unit next to it, as I'd assume that would be easier.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 22, 2020, 05:50:10 pm »

I remember reading that Mad Science project take a turn to get there, so if I send Waspra to the Kaiju site, she will get there by the time the fight starts, right? Or did I miss something?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44