Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44

Author Topic: Kaiju-com 2  (Read 55726 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kaiju-Com 2, September Purchases
« Reply #510 on: August 16, 2020, 04:54:51 pm »

Two scientists are up for bid this month.

Early detections show the next kaiju is slightly less strong than the last one.  It is also back in the Mediterranean.

The black market is empty this month.

Spoiler: Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stirk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadowclaw777 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Naturegirl1999 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Happerry (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NJW2000 (click to show/hide)

It is now the purchase phase of September, 1999
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 07:16:26 pm by Devastator »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, August Actions
« Reply #511 on: August 16, 2020, 05:11:08 pm »

Lord Silver will once gain send his agents out to collect monster parts for the second time in this battle, and will also build a Mercenary Barracks at his base.

Also next phase, if people are interested, I'll be selling a tank. It started as a T-55 Tank, but it's been given ERA, a time rewind based self regen ability, and a portal gun that causes shells to teleport forwards a bit when they hit something, hopefully bypassing enemy armor.

What do you want for it? I should have increased my defenses enough to avoid a repeat of the vampire truck.
The bare minimum I need for selling something is enough money to cover the monthly upkeep I'll face when I make a delivery, which is currently 120 but may rise because I'm building another building in the form of a Mercenary Barracks to prevent any issues at my own base. Beyond that, what are you offering? I'll take money or monster bits, and if you have any other thing you think I might be interested in, feel free to suggest it.

Now that I know what I have...lets say 140 and the Harpoon AFV since you like tricking out vehicles so much. I might be able to throw in additional monster bits if you want to combine them into the vehicle to see what happens.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, September Purchases
« Reply #512 on: August 16, 2020, 05:41:45 pm »

Spoiler: @Devastator (click to show/hide)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, June Purchases
« Reply #513 on: August 16, 2020, 06:52:22 pm »

Send the Blizzard Organ to Claudia (NJW2000)
Send EFFG Mk2 to Happytime Atrocities
(-30) Send over 30 to USSCCI for Improved Explosives

I do have a open small lab slot and a High-Energy Lab, so USSCI, I would like to spend time research better missiles or cannon with that Scientist if the needs be?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 01:42:01 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 16, 2020, 08:07:17 pm »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 16, 2020, 08:22:35 pm »

Spoiler: Devastator (click to show/hide)
Currently thinking of actions, will post them either tomorrow or around 3 days from today

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 16, 2020, 10:26:01 pm »

Spoiler: Shadowclaw777 (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 17, 2020, 05:58:41 am »

After finishing busting out the floor the expansion of the lab Dr. Unpleasant finally ready to get back to the thing he was doing, what ever that was....    oh yeah it was something to do with a kangaroo. So its probably time to get back to that by making the kangaroo even bigger with drugs science! and maybe see if whatever causes the sunglasses to regenerate can be used to regenerate other things on the kangaroo.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 17, 2020, 02:43:57 pm »

The bare minimum I need for selling something is enough money to cover the monthly upkeep I'll face when I make a delivery, which is currently 120 but may rise because I'm building another building in the form of a Mercenary Barracks to prevent any issues at my own base. Beyond that, what are you offering? I'll take money or monster bits, and if you have any other thing you think I might be interested in, feel free to suggest it.

Now that I know what I have...lets say 140 and the Harpoon AFV since you like tricking out vehicles so much. I might be able to throw in additional monster bits if you want to combine them into the vehicle to see what happens.
With the addition of the Merc Barracks, my upkeep is now 150. So I'd be willing to sell it for 160, the Harpoon AFV, and a spare monster part if that sounds good?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 17, 2020, 03:06:40 pm »

Give HA an ERA

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 17, 2020, 09:00:41 pm »

Could our resident mad scientists let me know how interested they are in working on my submarine? It requires a Giant (Large+2) sized lab, but I'm willing to pay for lab upgrades. Note that they do require a turn for each step of size upgrade (Large->Huge is one turn, Huge->Giant is another, etc), and the lab has to be empty.

I'm still considering the specifics, but quite likely I'll be going for a stealth alpha striker. It'll need camouflaging kaiju-skin cladding, a silent propulsion system capable of boosting it to at least Medium speed (possibly using kaiju muscle), and a fuckoff-huge torpedo/missile launcher to fire the largest kaiju-acid-laden projectile a Giant sized thing can carry. The idea is for it to lurk silently off the coast, wait for the kaiju to make landfall, and then severely maim/armor-shred the kaiju with one hit before slinking away.

Needless to say, I can provide all of the required processed bits. I'm also open to other ideas, might change my mind on some of this, and a single mad scientist doesn't need to do everything. General upgrades (making it tougher, for instance) might also be nice, since the base item is total crap. I can pay in cold hard cash or processed kaiju samples, or process unprocessed chunks for you more efficiently than you could.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 17, 2020, 10:02:40 pm »

With the addition of the Merc Barracks, my upkeep is now 150. So I'd be willing to sell it for 160, the Harpoon AFV, and a spare monster part if that sounds good?

That is acceptable. Money is going to be tight this turn, but I should be able to get at least a passing grade as long as I can at least deploy this baby.

Transfer 160, the Harpoon AFV, and a unit of skin to the good evil scientist in return for the super special tank.

Spoiler: Turn Budget (click to show/hide)

ADD Memo for public release: The Calm Before the Storm.

We here at Ares Development and Defense are proud to announce that many of our long term projects will soon come to fruition. Preparations are being made to create and deploy Jaegers during the next month. This long awaited addition to our force's firepower should be just the thing our world needs to turn the tide after several devastating battles. Our Jaeger tanks are designed to be a significant upgrade to traditional tanks, with vastly superior firepower and armor allowing us to hit harder and make it back in one piece. Coincidentally our new Hoplite project will reach completion at the same time, allowing upgraded infantry to assist our new weapons systems. They will soon be capable of deploying weapons traditionally fit only for vehicles, bringing further hurt to the enemies of humanity.

Speaking of enemies of humanity, Lord Silver has once again sold us a powerful tank of his own design to deploy this month. We have upgraded our security and insurance policies to insure that only the beneficial part of our last trade repeats itself. ADD will likely be cooperating with other organizations capable of deploying our plus-sized tanks to insure their speedy transition to the battlefield without additional resources placed into developing an in-house solution.

However due to the expenses incurred preparing to deploy our new development, we will be scaling back this month's deployment to our traditional two units. Our new super-tank is expected to be worth its cost in artillery that would likely be replaced by upgraded infantry should it survive anyway.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 17, 2020, 11:26:13 pm »

FOR EVERYONE'S ATTENTION:

I have two jets to sell this month.  Yes, TWWOOO JET!  Both jets will actually be a little more than twice as effective as they were in the last battle because I'll be selling them with improved explosives--something I finished this month.  The jets are being sold for a minimum price of 225 credits, which is a profit of ~12 per jet.  Yeah, I'm not making real money off of this, I just want to kill more damn kaiju.

Speaking of those improved explosives, they don't only fit in jets.  Basically anything we field can equip the stuff, including infantry small arms and infantry rockets.  You can expect the explosives to multiply a unit's damage by about 2-2.5x, but at the cost of causing the units to have limited ammo; they'll probably only fire three or four times before retreating, just like jets.  This isn't a bad trade at all, since it means your units will be more likely to survive, and they're unlikely to survive to fire six-eight times in a single battle anyway.  Plus, if they do survive, their ammo will magically replenish at no further cost; you don't ever have to buy additional lots of ammo.  Prices for explosives are as follows:

Infantry rockets, infantry small arms, technicals: 5 credits per weapon upgraded (10 for full infantry kit, which isn't a great idea)
Tanks: 10 credits per tank cannon upgraded
Artillery, MRLS, Jets, AC-130s: 15 credits per unit upgraded (All jets I sell from now on will come upgraded, and the cost is already included.)

Supply is probably not at all limited, since these prices are basically the cost of manufacturing.  Still, buy now!

...Also, I have three scientists, but only two labs!  I'd hate for science to be wasted, so I'll happily loan the scientist out to work in someone else's lab, gratis!  If you let me work on my own projects (probably improving jets), I'll pay the cost of research.  If you work on your own projects, you have to foot the cost, but at least you get a free scientist!

Finally, I am finally able to sell upgraded transports.  They cost 125 to manufacture, and can carry one large unit, with one medium unit.  Or three medium units.  They're not a priority to manufacture though, so if a lot of people want explosives and I actually do run out of workshops, you'll need to offer me an actual profit to make me build transports instead of bombs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 18, 2020, 07:41:00 am »

Make a drink for the jaguar that will sharpen its claws and/or increase pincer strength and/or sharpen its teeth
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 10:26:29 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 18, 2020, 02:05:41 pm »

Could our resident mad scientists let me know how interested they are in working on my submarine? It requires a Giant (Large+2) sized lab, but I'm willing to pay for lab upgrades. Note that they do require a turn for each step of size upgrade (Large->Huge is one turn, Huge->Giant is another, etc), and the lab has to be empty.
I keep meaning to get around to it, but other stuff keeps distracting me from inventing that super-cavitation engine for it. ^_^; Or torpedo mounted cruise missiles.

Like my new Harpoon vehicle.

Send Stirk the Tank.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44