Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44

Author Topic: Kaiju-com 2  (Read 55373 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, September Actions
« Reply #540 on: September 02, 2020, 05:50:30 am »

Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
I'm going to be doing the weapon next, I was hoping the added strength would aid in other areas such as faster speed and higher jumping, better unarmed abilities, and better survivability.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 05, 2020, 11:57:08 pm »

Happytime Atrocities Actions
-Apply armor kit and FFG to flying box (if they stack)
-Apply armor kit to Battered Combat Jet
-Deploy infantry platoon in air transport. Orders: Move forward, distract enemy. Flee if all other damage-dealing forces are destroyed.
-Deploy Battered Combat Jet. Orders: Unleash hell immediately.
-Deploy Flying Box Full Of Wasps. Orders: Whenever Kaiju appears distracted (including if it appears to be ignoring military forces to destroy the city at the very start of the battle), fly in and drop off the wasps at melee range, then get clear. Wasp Orders: *angry buzzing sounds*
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 08:05:44 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 06, 2020, 07:50:12 pm »

Deploy jet, have it retreat after shooting once. Have it stay for one more pass if the first slavo seems to stagger it.
And apply the Valencite.
Deploy infantry, staying back as usual.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 11:42:37 pm by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 06, 2020, 09:09:21 pm »

I've received additional information on penalties for various deployment patterns.

Nobody shows up: Severe penalty.
Somebody shows up and does no damage: Everyone takes a less severe penalty, jobber takes variable penalties. This can be better than the noshow penalty.
Total wipe: Variable, but generally from the noshow-jobber penalty to a minor penalty.

It's also possible to gain points even on a loss.

With all that in mind, I'd advise sending something that can deal damage where possible if you're worried about council opinion and its associated funding.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, June Purchases
« Reply #544 on: September 09, 2020, 04:01:36 pm »

[spoiler=The Coke Knight’s Zeal]
Send the Blizzard Organ to Claudia (NJW2000)
[/quote]

Quote from: memo, Claudia Day to Coke Knights
Would it be possible for you to deploy my fog machine? I don't have the space for two projects at once, and I can't find an adequate buyer.

The device is capable of improving unit's ability to dodge in a nontrivial way. If you manage to profit by it, some share would be appreciated, but this could be discussed later, and could very well take the form of payment in kind.
One wheel short of a wagon

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 10, 2020, 06:18:35 pm »

Send Both Artillery Units, unleash all explosives then retreat back to airship
Infantry Platoon, attempts to evacuate civilians and tries to get good PR pictures post-saving them, and for them to give eyewitness testimonies to us to be used for PR, if everyone is already evacuated, then be used as a scavenging team.

Claudia there is a problem I think with sending me the Smoke Machine, because you’ll have to pay rent if you leave your machine and I only have 95 credits to spare, I’ll won’t be able to cover the cost of rent, maybe wait for a future turn?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 11, 2020, 03:37:33 am »

((Fair enough. It'll be another turn before I can work on the limb then.))

Repair my base. If I still have time, take the fog machine for a ride around the nearest roads, villages and bullion reserves. It seems to have some energy to work off, and perhaps the attendant chaos could be profitable somehow.

Take a couple of yetis too, just in case anyone needs to lift heavy boxes of precious metal or something.
One wheel short of a wagon

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 12, 2020, 08:45:23 am »

Deploy the infantry platoon and T-55.  Infantry is to stay back and not engage, they're only here to scavenge after the fact.  Tank is to engage freely.

Deploy both combat jets.  They're under orders to fire until they have confirmed some kind of damage being dealt.  Once a hit is scored, tell them to retreat unless the kaiju appears to be crippled or heavily damaged.  If there's ambiguity over the definition of "crippled or heavily damaged", just retreat.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, Battle of Tel Aviv
« Reply #548 on: September 19, 2020, 03:34:31 pm »

Battle of Tel Aviv, Israel.

Arrival is.. somewhat chaotic, and it takes a little time to get everyone cleared.  The difficulties faced by the combat jets are somewhat greater, given the significant air defense concerns.

In the end the jets are able to circle and the transports unload, but only just in time.

This Kaiju most closely resembles a massive toad, slimy with blue ooze, and with a series of horned spikes on the upper head.  Clearly visible on its back is yet another of those missile launchers.  It leaps out of the water, and up on the beach, where a pair of Israeli ships wait, quite close to the shore, obviously placed to guarantee an immediate strike.

One anti-ship missile strikes, but mostly glances off with a close explosion.  The other slams straight into the side of the Kaiju, engines continuing to burn for a moment, before detonation.  A huge gout of blue blood and thick ooze showers over the beach from the obviously wounded Kaiju.

It then fires back, launching a missile and a huge ball of lightning.  The missile actually doesn't do much, detonating for a near miss and taking a piece out of the ship, but it didn't look too bad.

The lightning ball is another story, it sort of explodes into a massive ball of lightning that engulfs and demolishes both ships.. they're melted and shattered and partially vaporized all at once.

Now, it's time for the k-coms, newly armed with the improved explosives.  Three of four jets are quick off the mark, but only add minimal damage to the kaiju.  No more ooze is seen, just blue blood.  The ooze defense must have been already defeated.

The artillery makes matters much worse.  Striking second are the Coke Knights artillery pieces.  One of them does absolutely massive damage with a shell straight to the vulnerable side, with what looks like an internal detonation, with a power that simply would have been impossible without the new explosives.

..and the damage is quickly followed up by the fourth jet, from Happytime Atrocities, which does a similar hit to the other side with its own improved explosives.  So far the creature has taken three massive hits, and is clearly seriously wounded.

The next Thunderball it creates in response is much, much weaker than the one that sank the two ships.. clearly this weapon gets less effective the more wounded the Kaiju is.  It impacts one of the USSCCI jets, but other than momentarily scrambing some of the avionics, no lasting damage is dealt.

The missile is not affected by such things.  It hits the Happytime jet, which does not live to fully appreciate the damage it just dealt.  One wing pinwheels off the fuselage, and the jet quickly plummets to the earth.

The badly wounded kaiju bears no chance against the remaining k-com forces.  Two jets, both CK artillery pieces, and the bright silver T-55 from Ares Defense all manage to score damaging hits, quickly finishing off the wounded beast.

Victory!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 12:07:30 pm by Devastator »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kaiju-Com 2, October Purchases
« Reply #550 on: September 26, 2020, 12:44:29 pm »

The next Kaiju has emerged in the Java Sea.  It might hit Java, or Borneo, or Celebes.  It looks as strong as the 'normal' full strength kaiju, and not the slightly weaker one which was encountered at Tel Aviv.

There is one lead scientist up for bid this month.

Spoiler: Black Market (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stirk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadowclaw777 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Naturegirl1999 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Happerry (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NJW2000 (click to show/hide)

It is now the Purchase Phase of October, 1999.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 07:28:46 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, October Purchases
« Reply #551 on: September 27, 2020, 12:40:22 am »

I have two jets available for sale this turn.  I'll likely build one for myself, and I suspect I need to build a transport for Stirk this round, which leaves one free large workshop for plane production and one small workshop for valencite production.   In translation, supplies may be limited!  Offer me more money if you want me to prioritize your order.  :P

Basic jet cost (Including Unstable Valencite Explosives): 225

Unstable Valencite explosives prices:
Infantry rockets, infantry small arms, technicals: 5 credits per weapon upgraded (10 for full infantry kit, which isn't a great idea)
Tanks: 10 credits per tank cannon upgraded
Artillery, MRLS, Jets, AC-130s: 15 credits per unit upgraded (All jets I sell from now on will come upgraded, and the cost is already included in their sell price.)

Matryoshka Transport cost (Carries 1 Large + 1 Medium): 125 + Profit Margin (make an offer).

I also have a kaiju organ for sale!  This is the description: "[The organ] resembles a bag of canned pasta, with a translucent sack wrapped around blue mush with flecks of structure inside it."

I don't have a free lab at the moment, so I'm listening to offers in case anyone want to take it for study.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 27, 2020, 12:10:36 pm »

Dr. Unpleasant looked and saw that the kangaroo was coming together nicely and was turning into what he had imagined when he first thought of it while under the influence of Inspiration but he realized there was something he missed, it needed more speed to be able to do what he wanted it to do. And after quite a bit of inspiration he realized that there was a drug called speed and with a name like that it had to make things faster, so he decided to give the kangaroo a bunch of it to see if he could make it able to move faster.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 27, 2020, 08:16:24 pm »

The Harpoon might be fighting Lord Silver, but Lord Silver will not give up the fight! By force of evil, he's going to make that harpoon do what it was supposed to do or else!
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 04, 2020, 10:35:55 pm »

Give 200 to Claudia in exchange for Smoke Machine (Proposal)
Send over 15 to USSCI for a batch of Valentite Explosives
Allow the USSCI scientist to continue research on lab
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44