Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44

Author Topic: Kaiju-com 2  (Read 55894 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-com 2, December Purchases
« Reply #615 on: February 06, 2021, 06:28:43 am »

I'll take your wolf and I'll make it MASSIVE, it'll be just like that kangaroo I made but BIGGER and BETTER and made with the power of drugs and old appliances advanced robotics and chemical enhancements!
*is seen later shoving a dolphin into a storm drain*
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 21, 2021, 08:28:02 pm »

(I would like to update, or at least start an update, next weekend.

Could you please have your orders finished some time this week?)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 10:39:07 pm by Devastator »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 24, 2021, 05:39:55 pm »

Spoiler: List (click to show/hide)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 28, 2021, 03:37:17 pm »

Happytime Atrocities Purchases
-Buy two new artillery pieces (-100)
-Pay USSCCI for two Stabilized Valencite upgrades for said artillery (-90)
-Pay USSCCI 30 for a heart (-30)
-Decommission two Large Hangars
-Begin construction of a Giant Laboratory (-250)
-Study hairy pipette organ (-20)
-Process Kaiju Guts (-20)
-Process Kaiju Skin (-20)

So I've completed research on Giant Aquatic Hangars, Giant Aquatic Workshops, and Giant Regular Labs. As such, I'm now in even more need of Mad Scientists to work on my precious worthless sub. I can pay in credits and/or processed Kaiju bits (or the unprocessed slabs, if you want to refine them yourself).
Spoiler: Tentative Proposals (click to show/hide)
If any of these interest you or you've got a better idea, let me know and we can work out the details.

Finally, does anyone have any kaiju bone? I'd like to know my options before committing to any one thing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 28, 2021, 08:47:29 pm »

I've got 1x Processed Kaiju Bone, though being a mad scientist if I leave to make a delivery I'll have to charge high to meet upkeep costs.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 28, 2021, 09:12:02 pm »

Those are for your products.  Things you didn't make can be moved around fine.  You can also hold things that aren't mad science or deployable items in storage, like weapons or shield generators or mods.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-com 2, December Actions
« Reply #621 on: March 14, 2021, 12:00:04 am »

This month is indeed going to be a Japanese double-feature.

The first Kaiju is due to make landing near the small city of Maizuru, on the north coast of Honshu.  This one is known for having a similar laser eye system to the laser spider which attacked Bangladesh.  It is also known to be a melee attacker, and had some kind of damaging aura around it.  The overall strength rating is 15.

The second Kaiju is aiming further north, near the city of Hakodate, on the southern tip of Hokkaido.  This one seems strong and fast, and has something akin to the kaiju dragonfire cannon, along with one new weapon.  It also has what looks like a stronger version of the glass forcefields which were on the giant snake.  Overall strength is 16.

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Happerry (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NJW2000 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadowclaw777 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stirk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

It is now the Action phase of December, 1999.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 06:23:19 am by Devastator »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 20, 2021, 06:58:29 pm »

Claudia constructs a trap corridor.

Quote from: memo, Claudia Day to Coke Knights
Apologies for the delay in the construction of the Artic Warfare Tank. I am currently in the process of upgrading my base security in order to incorporate a greater degree of Kaiju-based technology into the machine. The end product should be well worth your time.
One wheel short of a wagon

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 21, 2021, 05:21:44 am »

Dr. Unpleasant spends several minutes walking around the robot wolf and quickly realizes that he doesn't know jack shit about robots but he won't let that stop him, I mean how hard could it be to take what he has and make a bigger one. First thing he'd need for this project was robot parts but he didn't know where to get those so he went for the next best thing, old appliances that had been dumped into a nearby river, second he'd need big pieces of metal and the only thing he could think of that would give him those are all the abandoned cars that were sitting around the area. Once all the junked appliances and cars brand new materials were gathered together he set to work by taking the robot apart and making as big a version as he could within the area he had to work with, then he'd go about using his car advanced tools to right fix his stolen trailer high tech command chamber.

(My drug front is still listed as damaged in my thing even though you said I fixed it.)
He also wonders if the people that sent him the wolf would mind if he gave it a brain so it could fight on it's own instead of being controlled.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 23, 2021, 12:07:14 am »

Ah yes!  I've completed research on Jaeger tanks, as well as Kaiju detection arrays (a building design from the departed Emerald Robin faction.  The former I should be able to begin mass production of next month, probably at a sell cost a bit lower than my own jets (200?), while the latter will take four months to build, but should provide us with very useful intel on Kaiju weapons.

A comment on Jaeger tanks.  They possess the most powerful weapons currently available to any K-Com organization, with a slight edge over even stabilized-valencite enhanced Sarissan jets.  They can't use valencite at all, or get much of any use from other varieties of payload, but their guns are so powerful they don't much need it.  Their armor is nice, but honestly kinda flimsy by comparison; they're merely equivalent to modern tanks.  I highly recommend that they be fielded with forcefield modifications, if possible.  I'd say they give the best bang for your buck most of the time, except arguably in cases where Sarissans could completely outrange a Kaiju, or a Kaiju has very very strong single target attacks.  Even in the latter case, it's debatable if any unit composition of a comparable price would fare any better.

I'll try and think about how to deploy against these two kaiju.  For reference, I have one basic jet, and four T-72s (crappily armored tanks), all enhanced with valencite.  Plus the ubiquitous infantry platoon, who likely won't participate.   My jet will probably be sent to the 15-strength Honshu kaiju, as it is largely melee, while my tanks will attack the 16-strength glass forcefield kaiju... that is, unless other Kcom forces are too weak for me to believe we have a shot at a double kill.  I'd rather double down on one rather than fail both.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiju-Com 2, June Purchases
« Reply #625 on: April 01, 2021, 09:43:19 pm »

Deploy All Artillery Pieces, Infantry,  Small-Sized Smoke Machine Vehicle, Battered Jet, and Gamma against Hakodate Kaiju.
The Infantry will be scavengers and civilian rescuers, the Smoke Machine protects the Artillery Pieces and retreats if they are destroyed. Gamma will try to assault the creature.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 01, 2021, 11:18:28 pm »

Ah yes!  I've completed research on Jaeger tanks, as well as Kaiju detection arrays (a building design from the departed Emerald Robin faction.  The former I should be able to begin mass production of next month, probably at a sell cost a bit lower than my own jets (200?), while the latter will take four months to build, but should provide us with very useful intel on Kaiju weapons.

A comment on Jaeger tanks.  They possess the most powerful weapons currently available to any K-Com organization, with a slight edge over even stabilized-valencite enhanced Sarissan jets.  They can't use valencite at all, or get much of any use from other varieties of payload, but their guns are so powerful they don't much need it.  Their armor is nice, but honestly kinda flimsy by comparison; they're merely equivalent to modern tanks.  I highly recommend that they be fielded with forcefield modifications, if possible.  I'd say they give the best bang for your buck most of the time, except arguably in cases where Sarissans could completely outrange a Kaiju, or a Kaiju has very very strong single target attacks.  Even in the latter case, it's debatable if any unit composition of a comparable price would fare any better.

I'll try and think about how to deploy against these two kaiju.  For reference, I have one basic jet, and four T-72s (crappily armored tanks), all enhanced with valencite.  Plus the ubiquitous infantry platoon, who likely won't participate.   My jet will probably be sent to the 15-strength Honshu kaiju, as it is largely melee, while my tanks will attack the 16-strength glass forcefield kaiju... that is, unless other Kcom forces are too weak for me to believe we have a shot at a double kill.  I'd rather double down on one rather than fail both.

I've got an upgraded version finished that has an extra empty Large weapon slot for 175, meant to go with the Kailua-derived fire weapons which cost 75 each. I can't remember the specifics but I don't think I would have bothered if they where weaker than the existing gun.

If I have any money I might even be able to make one!

Send EVERYTHING (OK that is just the tank and infantry+exoskeleton unit. I should have one I think but Its not on my sheet?) to uh, Hakodate

Just because I might be able to upgrade the cannon if I get another dragon fire organ. Standard fighting procedure.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 02, 2021, 02:57:36 am »

Happytime Atrocities Deployment Orders
Box-O-Wasps deploys to Hakodate
2 Stabilized Valencite Artillery and Infantry Platoon deploy to Maizuru
Flying Box drops the Angry Wasps off next to the kaiju, then the wasps do Angry Wasp Things
Artillery spreads out and then fires at will
Infantry stands back for part collection

Willing to adjust deployment, but it's been implied my wasps would be better against the glass armor.

Spoiler: Company Secrets (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 03, 2021, 06:18:34 am »

I've got an upgraded version finished that has an extra empty Large weapon slot for 175, meant to go with the Kailua-derived fire weapons which cost 75 each. I can't remember the specifics but I don't think I would have bothered if they where weaker than the existing gun.

If I have any money I might even be able to make one!

Send EVERYTHING (OK that is just the tank and infantry+exoskeleton unit. I should have one I think but Its not on my sheet?) to uh, Hakodate

Just because I might be able to upgrade the cannon if I get another dragon fire organ. Standard fighting procedure.

Trouble with mounting two guns is that you need an extra round of production for the gun.  Also, since Jaegers are relatively squishy for such expensive tanks, you're piling more eggs in the basket.  Will you upgrade their armor further, or rely on forcefield modkits from Shadowclaw...?

Also, do you want stabilized valencite for your infantry rockets?  It'll help them a lot, if they're fighting.

Finally, @Shadowclaw, would you be interested in selling me your forcefields?

As for deployment, lesse...

Quote from: Maizuru Kaiju
This one is known for having a similar laser eye system to the laser spider which attacked Bangladesh.  It is also known to be a melee attacker, and had some kind of damaging aura around it.  The overall strength rating is 15.
IronyOwl:
--Two stabilized Valencite Artillery pieces

Quote from: Hakodate Kaiju
This one seems strong and fast, and has something akin to the kaiju dragonfire cannon, along with one new weapon.  It also has what looks like a stronger version of the glass forcefields which were on the giant snake.  Overall strength is 16.
Shadowclaw:
--"Artillery Pieces" (How many?)
--Smoke machine vehicle, defending the above
--Battered Jet
--"Gamma"
Stirk:
--Jaeger Tank
--Exoskeleton Infantry
Ironyowl:
--Box-o-wasps

...Well that's a bit stacked.  Well, screw it, I'll try and go for the double.  Deploy all four T-72s to Maizuru, all buffed with stabilized Valencite.  Send the battered jet to Maizuru as well.  Infantry... will get all their guns buffed with stabilized valencite, as well as improved body armor, and they'll be sent to Hakodate.  They're only to engage if the glass forcefields are knocked out before the Jaeger tank goes down.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kaiju-com 2, Ended
« Reply #629 on: June 05, 2021, 02:44:53 am »

I'm going to formally end this here.  Running turns is simply taking too much time, and I don't have the will to stick it out the six or so more months it'll take to reach a proper ending.

This was great, and you guys were very satisfying.  I have plans to run another math heavy game in the future, but perhaps one with a little less scope, to ease the burden on my wholly-inadequate combat descriptions.

Thank you all for playing!  It was great, and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44