Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [44.12] ☼Meph's Inventor's Shop☼ - V1.0 - Reverse engineer items  (Read 2160 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

This mod gives dwarves the ability to reverse-engineer foreign items. Anything from bows and blowguns, scimitars and 2h swords, capes and turbans, sandals or chausses.

You build an Inventor's Workshop; it just needs one original of the item to run a reaction. This adds the item to your crafters, clothier, leatherworker and forge, just like any other item you can make.

Spoiler: The workshop (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The reactions (click to show/hide)

It's such a tiny, niche mod that I don't think a pre-installed package would be necessary, but if there is some interest, I can upload one.

Cheers,
Meph
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] ☼Meph's Inventor's Shop☼ - V1.0 - Reverse engineer items
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 07:08:41 am »

Cool idea. Are the items you make sized to the race? (human sized bow is dwarf sized when reversed engineered and created by dwarves)?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [44.12] ☼Meph's Inventor's Shop☼ - V1.0 - Reverse engineer items
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 07:26:56 am »

They keep their original sizes, which means some of the weapons can only be used by large/strong dwarves. The armors and clothing all work fine.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::