Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tales from Legends  (Read 4552 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Tales from Legends
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2019, 06:35:31 pm »

I'm fairly new, but I saw the most epic monster I've ever seen in a world I chose to take a pass on. This particular beast was a zombie roc with over 200 notable kills and around 450 additional kills. It was enemies with... everyone? There was a whole page of names, anyway. somewhere around 400, it killed a bunch of important elves and earned their worship. And then it messed with everyone else and recruited pages upon pages of worshipers. It also had a fun quirk where it seemed to enjoy stealing worthless jewelry and tearing the arms off of anything with arms.

That's incredibly amazing and you should have an adventure and keep us posted. An undead megabeast becoming the dominant deity of its world is the stuff DF is made of.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2019, 04:00:13 pm »

I looked in Legends for my bark scorpion adventurer. It led a successful defense against the army of Autumn-someting, killed 3 humans from there, led an uunsuccessful defense, killed more humans until eventually a human struck him down.

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2019, 09:46:41 pm »

Before the human Gadoc Beangoat became a vampire, she was a renowned athlete, winning yearly footraces and wrestling competitions almost every year. After becoming a vampire, she went on to continue wrestling for the next 20 years until she was chased out of town on suspicion of murder. After winning every wrestling competition and fleeing from her new home yet again, she became the head of a gang of bandits and remains so to this day, 100 years later. Though she never participated in another competition, I imagine she will carry her passion for wrestling in her unbeating heart for as long as she stalks the earth. Perhaps she became a vampire just to keep wrestling forever.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2019, 02:23:51 pm »

I'm determined to imagine her as a costumed pro wrestler, complete with idiosyncratic speech patterns and taglines.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2019, 08:59:41 pm »

I'm determined to imagine her as a costumed pro wrestler, complete with idiosyncratic speech patterns and taglines.

from what I understand about wrestling, making a comeback as a vampire is not unheard of

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2019, 05:16:50 pm »

from what I understand about wrestling, making a comeback as a vampire is not unheard of

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2019, 05:19:34 pm »

I have a fun world, I’ll probably have a thing or two to post here before long.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2019, 05:57:55 am »

*Arise thread! Arise from your slumber and let us speak of the tales of old!*

Nako Namedprofane, born in 124, is the 5th child of Strodno Toothtics the Violator of Hermits (current Master of The Scaly Demon). Like the rest of her lineage, and in stark contrast with common goblins, Nako's skills in the ways of words is only matched by the sheer viciousness found in her. Nako first rose in prominence in 140, when she became the Lady of the Plague of Urges, ruler of the Dark Pits of Doomgulf.

Between the years 140 and 365 there is hardly any record of her activities except those regarding her marriage to renowned poet Nako Malicetrail and the births of their children. Of her twenty children only three survive to this day.

In 365, Nako Namedprofane participated in the events now known as the 3rd Pillaging of the Pinetufts which culminated in the executions of at least twelve  persons by her hands. The brutality of these executions was such that she would be henceforth known as The Unholy Judge of Quietness.

Below is the, possibly incomplete, list of her victims:
  • 1. Olngo Shadehate, elf, male, 243 -365, crucified
  • 2. Osnun Breachedseduced, elf, female, 208 -365, buried alive
  • 3. Ber Healsteal, goblin, female, 251 -365, burned alive
  • 4. Amxu Spiderdips, goblin, male, 317 - 365, burried alive
  • 5. Usbu Columnvile, elf, male, 215 - 365, burned alive
  • 6. Stozu Putridcurse, elf, male, 235 - 365, burned alive
  • 7. Nako Scorpionvised, elf, female, 207 - 365, fed to beasts
  • 8. Atu Stealage, goblin, female, 201 - 365, burned alive
  • 9. Nguslu Cruellanced, goblin, male, 212 - 365, burried alive
  • 10. Zolak Hatchetcruelty, goblin, male, 286 - 365, burned alive
  • 11. Yarare Reveredwonder, elf, female, 223 - 365, beheaded
  • 12. Atera Pregnantfogs, elf, male, 225 - 365, fed to beasts
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2019, 10:03:38 pm »

I'm quite intrigued by the fact even the elves, in the list, bear goblin names. There's probably a story behind Pinetuft's unusual population

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2019, 04:03:36 am »

I'm quite intrigued by the fact even the elves, in the list, bear goblin names. There's probably a story behind Pinetuft's unusual population
There seems to be some kind of cultural cross-pollination mechanic at work in some worlds. I have a world where human and dwarven civilizations have lived peacefully in the same area for centuries and about half of my fort's dwarven citizens have also dual citizenship of that human civ, with human names, values and so forth.

This thread has now inspired me to do some Legends-diving in that particular world.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2019, 12:56:06 am »

Most of those elves where part of another goblin civ at some point of their lives. They might have just been born under goblin rule adopting their customs.

Pinetuft has indeed a very rich yet violent history. It was founded by the Elven Civilization of The Vegetation of Shaking in the year 26 and over the last 500 years it has endured over 200 attacks by various beasts (werebeasts, creatures of the night and megabeasts). There have been 6 large scale battles in its vicinity, 4 of which resulted in the town getting pillaged, before it was finally conquered by the Scaly demon in 397. Despite all this violence or maybe because of it Pinetufts is a major cultural center, attracting artists from all over the world. While we don't have any records of an official library in Pinetuft, their scholars are extremely prolific and more than 250 books have been authored by them.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.
Pages: 1 [2]