Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [47.04] Fishing Expanded v1.1  (Read 13811 times)

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Fishing Expanded v1.0
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2019, 01:28:04 am »

I've never had it and I'm not too familiar with it, but I doubt it's much like cheese. Soap is just fat and lye so lutefisk made from a fatty fish would probably just be fish soap.

It was requested as a disgusting food to feed prisoners lol
I know more about lutefisk, it tastes like soap.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2019, 11:37:06 pm »

I was trying out this mod, and noticed an issue. I was trying to play as a goldfish man, but they can't spawn in the world. This is because goldfish only spawn in pools, and pools can't spawn non-vermin creatures. There's probably other creatures that can't spawn as well.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2019, 01:21:18 am »

I was trying out this mod, and noticed an issue. I was trying to play as a goldfish man, but they can't spawn in the world. This is because goldfish only spawn in pools, and pools can't spawn non-vermin creatures. There's probably other creatures that can't spawn as well.
Guess adding biomes to the animal men versions could fix that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2019, 07:42:36 am »

Guess adding biomes to the animal men versions could fix that.

Thanks. I noticed this recently as well (none of the animal men are showing up), but couldn't figure out the issue/solution. I'll try to add biomes and see if that gets them to spawn. :)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2019, 02:34:48 pm »

Still no luck. I am not sure what the issue is, so I will just create completely new creatures for each of the animal person variants.

I'm not sure when I will get this update out, but if you want to play a goldfish man, you can use this in the meantime. Just replace the current e_FISH_GOLDFISH_MAN creature code.
Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:fe_FISH_GOLDFISH_MAN]
[NAME:goldfish man:goldfish men:goldfish man]
[DESCRIPTION:A fish person with the head of a goldfish.]
[CREATURE_TILE:'g'][COLOR:6:0:1]
[LOCAL_POPS_CONTROLLABLE]
[LOCAL_POPS_PRODUCE_HEROES]
[LARGE_ROAMING]
        [BENIGN]
[INTELLIGENT]
[EQUIPS]
[CANOPENDOORS]
[AMPHIBIOUS]
[CARNIVORE]
[SAVAGE]
[NATURAL]
[PERSONALITY:SINGLEMINDED:70:85:100]
  [PERSONALITY:THOUGHTLESSNESS:70:85:100]
  [PERSONALITY:GREGARIOUSNESS:70:85:100]
  [PERSONALITY:VIOLENT:0:15:30]
[BIOME:ANY_TROPICAL]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:5:15]
[FREQUENCY:75]
[CLUSTER_NUMBER:3:5]
[LOOSE_CLUSTERS]
[BODY:HUMANOID_NECK:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:TONGUE:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:SKIN]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:LEATHER]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:PARCHMENT]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:HAIR]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[REMOVE_TISSUE:SKIN]
[REMOVE_TISSUE:HAIR]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SCALE:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SCALE:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[HAS_NERVES]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[ATTACK:BITE:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[ATTACK:PUNCH:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:GRASP]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:punch:punches]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK:KICK:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:STANCE]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:kick:kicks]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:4:4]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
[ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS:900:711:521:293:1900:2900] 30 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CLIMBING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph
[SWIMS_INNATE]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:4000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:168:17500]
[BODY_SIZE:12:0:70000]
[MAXAGE:60:120]
[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
[CASTE_NAME:goldfish man:goldfish men:goldfish man]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[CASTE_NAME:goldfish woman:goldfish women:goldfish woman]
[LITTERSIZE:1:3]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SCALE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:ORANGE:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:scales:PLURAL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2019, 02:57:39 pm »

Thanks for that!

I haven't been able to figure it out either, but I think it has something to do with why the game rarely chooses aquatic-based animal people to be playable. Horseshoe crab men and regular crab men definitely work, but I'm not sure why.

*Hey, I just got the fish men working by making a bunch of drastic changes to the biomes and creature variations and such. I'll backtrack and see what the fix was.

**Alright, I've worked out a fix. This gets at least most of the fish men working, possibly all of them. Normal fish seem to be unaffected after a bit of testing. I also haven't seen any giant fish, but I didn't really look for them. Still, if you've got them spawning in pools, you'll probably need to adjust their biomes to get them to exist ingame.

Here's the creature variation I used. It's unnecessarily broad about allowing them to spawn wherever they want, but it gets them out of the pools. You can make more detailed versions if you'd like greater control over where the fish go.

[CREATURE_VARIATION:fe_ANIMALPERSONFIX]
[CV_REMOVE_TAG:AQUATIC]
      [CV_NEW_TAG:AMPHIBIOUS]
[CV_REMOVE_TAG:BIOME:ANY_POOL]
[CV_NEW_TAG:BIOME:ANY_OCEAN]
[CV_NEW_TAG:BIOME:ANY_RIVER]
[CV_NEW_TAG:BIOME:ANY_LAKE]

In the actual fishman raws, make sure to put this at the end of the variation lists, like this:

[CREATURE:fe_FISH_AROWANA_GREEN_MAN]
[COPY_TAGS_FROM:fe_FISH_TEMPLATE]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:fe_GLOBAL]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:fe_TROP_RIVER_LAKE]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:fe_RARITY_COMMON]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON][APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:fe_ANIMALPERSONFIX]

I'm not sure it's necessary, but putting it there gives it priority over anything contradictory in the previous variations.

***The creature variation could possibly be stripped down a bit, or targeted more specifically at the individual pool biomes. It probably isn't necessary though. Like I said, the fishmen work. I was able to play as a goldfish man. By the way, I figured out the "Null Pop Num" bug. You just need to add +1 to the minimum number in the rarity settings for the top 3 rarest categories.

Just change this:
[CREATURE_VARIATION:fe_RARITY_RARE]
[CV_NEW_TAG:POPULATION_NUMBER:0:10]
[CV_NEW_TAG:FREQUENCY:50]

[CREATURE_VARIATION:fe_RARITY_VERY_RARE]
[CV_NEW_TAG:POPULATION_NUMBER:0:5]
[CV_NEW_TAG:FREQUENCY:25]

[CREATURE_VARIATION:fe_RARITY_MYTHIC]
[CV_NEW_TAG:POPULATION_NUMBER:0:1]
[CV_NEW_TAG:FREQUENCY:10]

To this:
[CREATURE_VARIATION:fe_RARITY_RARE]
[CV_NEW_TAG:POPULATION_NUMBER:1:10]
[CV_NEW_TAG:FREQUENCY:50]

[CREATURE_VARIATION:fe_RARITY_VERY_RARE]
[CV_NEW_TAG:POPULATION_NUMBER:1:5]
[CV_NEW_TAG:FREQUENCY:25]

[CREATURE_VARIATION:fe_RARITY_MYTHIC]
[CV_NEW_TAG:POPULATION_NUMBER:1:1]
[CV_NEW_TAG:FREQUENCY:10]

This eliminates the bug.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 04:16:22 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2019, 07:03:25 am »

Awesome thanks. :)

I will fix all those null pop errors.

Good work on the animal person conversions. I may use that as a temporary fix if I can't get a formal update out soon, but I think converting all of the animal person fish into their own creatures is probably for the best in the long run. It will allow me to add different appearance and color modifiers to each fish person, so you have the chance to get an orange goldfish man with a wide mouth and big eyes or a yellow goldfish man with a small mouth and narrow eyes (for example). I have already converted about half of the animal person fish into their own creatures, so I might as well finish lol

The giant fish should all work as they stay vermin. I have seen giant koi, so I know they are populating.

Let me know if there is anything missing or that you would like to see in this mod btw :)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2019, 04:52:01 pm »

As I tend to do, I am spending quite a bit of time on each of these animal persons to try and make them each look and act differently and unique, so I won't have this done for a few more days, but you can now except channel catfish men to be large curious beast eaters that steal food and keep to themselves, goldfish men to travel in large schools and fleequick from danger, wolffish to be ambush predators with sharp teeth and signal crawfish men to be curious beast item thieves with chitin exoskeletons.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2019, 04:59:50 pm »

Sounds fun. You really go the extra mile on these mods.
My mods and forum games.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Fishing Expanded v1.1
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2019, 08:23:13 am »

Version 1.1 released!

This update expands the animal person variants (fixing an error that now allows them to show up in game, but also) by adding different colors, sizes, natural skills, personality traits, attributes, cluster sizes, population numbers and behavioral tags (item thief, food thief, ambush predator, flee quick, loose clusters, etc.) You can now expect channel catfish men to be large curious beast eaters that steal food and keep to themselves, goldfish men to travel in large schools and fleequick from danger, wolffish to be ambush predators with sharp teeth and signal crawfish men to be curious beast item thieves with chitin exoskeletons.

> Expands animal person raws by adding different colors, sizes, natural skills, personality traits, attributes, cluster sizes, population numbers and behavioral tags (item thief, food thief, ambush predator, flee quick, loose clusters, etc.)
> Fixes animal person raws so that all animal persons show up in game
> Fixes Null Pop errors

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2019, 03:01:44 am »

Version 1.1 released!

This update expands the animal person variants (fixing an error that now allows them to show up in game, but also) by adding different colors, sizes, natural skills, personality traits, attributes, cluster sizes, population numbers and behavioral tags (item thief, food thief, ambush predator, flee quick, loose clusters, etc.) You can now expect channel catfish men to be large curious beast eaters that steal food and keep to themselves, goldfish men to travel in large schools and fleequick from danger, wolffish to be ambush predators with sharp teeth and signal crawfish men to be curious beast item thieves with chitin exoskeletons.

> Expands animal person raws by adding different colors, sizes, natural skills, personality traits, attributes, cluster sizes, population numbers and behavioral tags (item thief, food thief, ambush predator, flee quick, loose clusters, etc.)
> Fixes animal person raws so that all animal persons show up in game
> Fixes Null Pop errors

yo, with this one and the dog breed one being updated, you are on a roll when it comes to these hyper-detailed game expansion mods! keep it up these are awesome!

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2019, 07:58:41 am »

yo, with this one and the dog breed one being updated, you are on a roll when it comes to these hyper-detailed game expansion mods! keep it up these are awesome!

Khalvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2019, 07:29:57 am »

What does this new Workshop do that the Fishery doesn't?

Don't Glass Furnaces already produce Aquariums?

Great mod, I love the Dog Breeds too. I'm just curious

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2019, 09:49:48 am »

What does this new Workshop do that the Fishery doesn't?

Don't Glass Furnaces already produce Aquariums?

Great mod, I love the Dog Breeds too. I'm just curious

The main thing that the new workshop does is allow you to make fishing trophies out of caught fish.

The aquarium reactions allow you to make aquariums out of glass. The Glass Furnace requires sand to make aquariums.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2020, 01:35:23 pm »

Any word if this mod still works in 0.47.04?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4