Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: What are all the things that have been removed from DF over the years?  (Read 30753 times)

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are all the things that have been removed from DF over the years?
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2020, 04:19:35 pm »

Anyone remember version with spider antidotes? When you extract venom, you also extract antidote (used only as trade good).

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2020, 07:35:22 pm »

Okay, so, I return to my thread and... holy crap, it got way bigger than I thought.

It's strange that you restrict it to creatures, trees, plants, and stones, since the vast majority of things removed from DF have been gameplay mechanics.

I kinda restricted it because I was planning a mod that could add back any of those things. A sort of "blending the old things with the new things" in a sense. Like tentacle demons mixed with along with the procedual genned demons.

Also, it appears we may have a thread to update the wiki with. Huzzah! The derailing led to something useful!

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2020, 10:54:40 pm »

Okay, so, I return to my thread and... holy crap, it got way bigger than I thought.

It's strange that you restrict it to creatures, trees, plants, and stones, since the vast majority of things removed from DF have been gameplay mechanics.

I kinda restricted it because I was planning a mod that could add back any of those things. A sort of "blending the old things with the new things" in a sense. Like tentacle demons mixed with along with the procedual genned demons.

Also, it appears we may have a thread to update the wiki with. Huzzah! The derailing led to something useful!
I like your idea! But for add things from old versions, you need to rewrite their raws for new code.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2020, 11:18:44 am »

I like your idea! But for add things from old versions, you need to rewrite their raws for new code.

Yes, this is obvious.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2020, 02:13:38 am »

Yes, this is obvious.
So, GDS currently have adapted raw:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Modification:Giant_desert_scorpion

Other old creatures needs adaptation of raws, most of them - severe adaptation.

Also in old versions some sentient creatures had value multipliers. I re-calculated this for my own mod, so I can give you this values.

But I think, you can even add future creatures! http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Night_creature#Planned_night_creatures If you know how make DFhack scripts.

As joke, you can add evil version of elephants (called 'boatmurderers') and/or evil powerful version carps.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2020, 06:28:38 pm »

I want dfhack mod that back RUIN site type, worshipping of POWER by civ, economy and HFS chambers with depraved engravings.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2020, 04:28:19 pm »

Exploding alcohol

now it just boils away :(

it always just boiled away, i'm reasonably sure

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2020, 06:36:08 pm »

Some creatures was not removed, but changed. In older versions blizzard men was mortal, like trolls.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2020, 07:00:58 pm »

The very first time I played fortress mode (before I knew the wiki existed, and I didn’t know what I was does), I dug a single-tile-wide staircase staight down from the surface, leaving my dwarves to fend for themselves (in retrospect, it was probably a good embark because I hit bituminous coal almost immediately), and was eventually greeted with a message saying that I had discovered a curious structure.  It had undead in it so I mined a bit to the side and started digging down again.  Soon, I was greeted with another message saying that I should praise the miners, and that I had found raw adamantium.  I proceeded to carve the staircase down through the candy and was soon greeted by a third message.  The demons managed to kill all but one of my dwarves, a child with a serious injury whom the demons ignored.  The demons refused to kill the child or leave, and the kid refused to die.  Eventually the notebook I was running the game on began to shutdown with  a fourth final message saying that the CPU was overheating.  The next day, I partially disassembled the notebook and cleaned the fan and heat sink assembly.  Toady one released a new version less than a week later, which apparently took out the curious structures...
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2021, 11:14:13 pm »

Did someone talking about old version with druids who turn trees into treants?

Also, contains current game code of magic items descriptors and depraved engravings?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2023, 10:01:20 am »

Since 50.04...

- Generic evil biomes where nothing particular other than the weather, plants and some animals were removed, now death biomes are the pre-set 'primordial' biome, limiting access (different to biomes spread from sphere spreading sources). Its a good move for people who like death biomes, which were hard to find without also experiencing necromancers in 47.05 and also the most popular highlight of the steam release, but creates a problem for the evil biome enjoyers, who like their entirely-mortal strangler-apes, ogres and harpies or blendecs.

- Architect job was removed

- Setting rooms from objects as a huge fundamental change to fortress layout and zoning conditions

- (Adventure mode, being re-added soon)

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2023, 07:43:05 pm »

You can still settle in non-reanimating evil regions. Not all evil regions have undead.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2023, 05:23:51 am »

You can still settle in non-reanimating evil regions. Not all evil regions have undead.

I know, its typically 100 one way or 0% the other i've heard it being described, id describe it on 47.05 and prior as more like 90% non animating, to 10%.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]