Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why goblins start tame night trolls?  (Read 1960 times)

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Why goblins start tame night trolls?
« on: September 16, 2019, 02:26:26 pm »

I play as goblins, embark with big assortiment of creatures. They include blizzard men, ogres, maneras and old werewolves. But the most interesting is night trolls. I not embark with them only because they is hostile in fortress and adventure. I can upload saved world.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why goblins start tame night trolls?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 06:02:55 pm »

I play as goblins, embark with big assortiment of creatures. They include blizzard men, ogres, maneras and old werewolves. But the most interesting is night trolls. I not embark with them only because they is hostile in fortress and adventure. I can upload saved world.

You are likely (highly likely) playing a modified version of the game, Rumrusher put in most of the research into accessing the hardcoded monsters, unfortunately them being hostile is mostly unavoidable unless you follow the steps that Meph had done for his Necromancer. Even in vanilla, megabeasts sometimes for buggy reasons will turn around and attack your military dwarves on sight.

Even still, Meph has to run his warlock fortress with night-trolls in pernament isolation with 'hermit mode' a DFhack tailored mode that disables migrants and caravans as to not have any strangers for night trolls to attack and forget they are tame.